YuGiOh Appreciation

antidope

Supporter
This is the definitely the greatest children directed Anime ever. They started showing it on TV again and I've been watching it. The first three story arcs can rival any show in terms of quality. Didnt matter who was dueling who, it was always worth watching.

Even though the concept of the show was very simplistic, they spent the time creating all these in depth story arcs and characters. Marik was that dude when he was evil top tier bad guy. They have some really dope cards too. Slifer the Sky Dragon :pimp:

They even had me trying to play that ridiculousy hard card game. They made it seem so easy in the show but it really wasnt. Kids would have all these crazy cards and I dont think I ever won. Theres an Xbox game that I might get even though I know I will suck at it.

I know I'm not the only one thats up on this...

Last edited:
Hell no. Not even top 10.

Goku would merk every character and monster in that show without even having to go SsJ.

Hell GT Goten or Pan could make slight work of those YuGiOh dweebs

Last edited:
Very good show as a kid, not so great when you watch it again as an adult.

They literally explain EVERY card, EVERY time its played. I guess i was so hype as a kid watching it that i didnt notice and i understand that it is necessary but damn. Im too impatient for that now.

Very good show as a kid, not so great when you watch it again as an adult.

They literally explain EVERY card, EVERY time its played. I guess i was so hype as a kid watching it that i didnt notice and i understand that it is necessary but damn. Im too impatient for that now.
Word :lol:. That part is getting to me for real right now. Like we know what Monster Reborn does, you're 120 episodes in please stop telling us.
Hell no. Not even top 10.

Goku would merk every character and monster in that show without even having to go SsJ.

Hell GT Goten or Pan could make slight work of those YuGiOh dweebs
Not even top 10? Come on man, how many Animes directed towards kids only were there that YuGiOh isnt top 10? Hell DBZ isnt even for kids, dudes were getting killed left and right in it.

Last edited:
Man I loved that card game, but even as a kid I thought some of the show was stupid as hell.
I mean believe in the heart of the cards?
Then this dude gets to randomly draw 5 cards and they all happen to be exodia? :rofl:
C'mon son.

Yu-Gi-Oh abridged was hilarious though.

appreciated :smokin

there used to be an online one where all the cards where available, even ones in Japanese that weren't in the US yet and you can fill your deck with it and duel online. faced a dude with an Egyptian god card and still won :lol:

No.

And I tried to watch it as a replacement of Pokemon as I got a little older, even tried the card game but it was ok.

But I distinctly remember this one episode where he was dueling twins. Round weird looking twins. It was the corniest ish ever. That's when I knew, to turn it off and burn my cards. :smh:

The original is great show. Along with Digimon.

It's crazy how poor cartoons have become. Especially on network tv.

I was a beast at dueling used to go to tournaments at hastings 
laugh.gif

It depends on what you mean by directed towards kids. Like when I was 8, toonami was showing Tenchi Muyo, DBZ and Gundam Wing. Those shows had adult overtones to them, but I was still able to grasp the concepts. But if were going to exclude those shows, then

First Season of Pokemon, First 3 seasons of Digimon, and First season of Beyblade >>> Yu gi Oh. And this is coming from somebody who loved the show as a kid. I had the cards, but actually dueling was a pain in the ***. Like I hate to just classify people, but the only guys who actually played the card game were the extreme nerds who took the game way too seriously, instead of it being about fun. I played about 2 games before quitting

Last edited:
The best anime? Nope. Still great IMO tho..the dialogue alone was crazy. The extra-long names used to crack me up ("Dark Paladin The Ultimate Magical Swordsman" tho).

I just hated how Yugi would always have THE EXACT sequence of cards he needed to get out of any jam..."heart of the deck" my ***, that dude was counting cards or rigging the order or some ****.
laugh.gif

OP you should watch Yugioh the Abridged Series sometime since you like the show that much. It's hilarious

Back
Top Bottom