Zippo Lighters

Wat up Nt,
I'm starting to get tired of these cheap corner store gas station Bic lighters and am really thinking about getting a "Zippo" Any info about these would be great. Just looking to get a permanent lighter but heard these are a PITA to maintain overtime. Really just looking to finally keep one for good and not have to dispose of it like those plastic ones
eyes.gif
 Looking into one like this, what do you all think
nerd.gif

6gj80l.jpg

Bought a zippo, used it for a week, it stopped working. I said f it, back to bics

Yea it has a lifetime warranty r whatever but I'm not sending a damn lighter in to get serviced...

I like zippos. They are very good quality. However I don't smoke enough to the point where it seems a worthy investment. A cheap fifty cent lighter would last me half a year. That said if you just want to have it because it is what you desire, go for it.

Troubleshooting a Zippo is incredibly easy. If it's not sparking, you need a new flint. You can buy a multipack for a couple bucks and they should last you forever. If it's not staying lit, you need more fluid. If you have fluid and a new flint, and it's still not lighting, then you need to just pull the wick through and cut the old one off. Unless you're using it a hundred times a day, your flint and wick will last you a long time. Regular usage you'll need to refill but that takes 30 seconds max.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Troubleshooting a Zippo is incredibly easy. If it's not sparking, you need a new flint. You can buy a multipack for a couple bucks and they should last you forever. If it's not staying lit, you need more fluid. If you have fluid and a new flint, and it's still not lighting, then you need to just pull the wick through and cut the old one off. Unless you're using it a hundred times a day, your flint and wick will last you a long time. Regular usage you'll need to refill but that takes 30 seconds max.
This guys knows what he's talking about. Zippos are made to last, but like everything else it can wear down. 

The only problem I ever see with Zippo's is that the owners light them like 500 times a day and they run out of fluid.

Yea I won't be using mine every day just every few days. I just read up on these using the fluid quicker but no biggie. Also if I were to buy one off Amazon would it come ready for use or would you need the fluid bottle too? Anyone have any experience with these colors such as "Black Ice"?

You'll need the fluid, they won't ship with them already filled. You can probably find it at your local supermarket or Walmart/Target. I bought a big bottle that's lasted me forever for a few bucks.

I'm not positive, but I think Black Ice might be one of those that aren't as dark as it looks. I bought one for a friend and it might have been Black Ice and it looked a lot darker in the pics but when it arrived it was more silver than black. I have one that's much darker and more of a true black if that's what you want.. so just read up on it.

I have collected like 15 or so over the last 2 decades and there nice to have. They can be cool and reflect your style but what not cool is your hands nd pockets smelling like the fuel and it's only good for lighting cigs or campfires, def don't
pimp.gif
with it though because the fuel taste foul.

I say cop for novelty purpose and put gas in every day if your carrying. You prolly be better with a butane torch type as you said you would carry only sometimes.

Big J 23,
yea you were right the "Black Ice" is the one that is significantly lighter then what the stock photos represent. What color black did you get and does it show scratches much more because of its color. Need one to be rugged enough to withstand a few drops but a sleek finish at the same time you know.

Originally Posted by JE15306

Big J 23,
yea you were right the "Black Ice" is the one that is significantly lighter then what the stock photos represent. What color black did you get and does it show scratches much more because of its color. Need one to be rugged enough to withstand a few drops but a sleek finish at the same time you know.
I think I bought "Ebony" but I'm not sure. It's held up pretty great, no real scratches on it at all. I'm sure if I dropped it on concrete or took my keys across it then maybe.. but regular use it still looks good as new.

Zippos are great but honestly I use one of my cheap bic lighters 99% of the time... things last forever

I love my zippo, hate having to refuel it so frequently though. I got one of those old time 1941 reissues. I liked the lines on it a lot more than the newer ones.

I've bought a few, cool things to collect. The taste the fuel leaves is horrid though. I recently bought the 'Blu' lighter, much better.
pimp.gif

i swear that fuel evaporates/disappears in a matter of days, w/o even firing it up much.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

would rather keep 5 bics on deck 
pimp.gif

Bics + a roll of Velcro =
pimp.gif
heaven. We left em velcroed under all our tables and by all the doors outside

I don't even smoke but I like them so I have a few; general maintenance is easy, and it's not that hard to refill; just the flints sometimes are troublesome...

zippo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom