• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
And IMO this would be something cool to do right before Kobe retires, I wonder what the purpose is to do this now?
Agreed, my only guess is with the IX not releasing until February that they needed something to fill the space that people would like.

So all of y'all telling me, that if these dropped during the sig runs of each particular model, y'all would scoop? Really?

Or if these were just a regular retro with no limited tag, y'all would scoop?
The VII easily. It goes along with the underlying prints. However, I agree with you.

@Wayne141 It wasn't until the first HoH opened in Harlem did you really start seeing the  "loud" c/w's in the ASG III and forward. Even then the III sat there. The loud colors of the IV is what really set it off.

i don't mind the colors and prints of the 4, as they were celebratory shoes. I don't think most people would have worn them every day.

The 7 and 8, took this celebratory idea and made the entire line loud shoes. Even plain blue, orange, yellow 8's got a weird pattern on the midsole. Why? (I know why, but still)

Hoping for some type of prelude deal when bron hangs it up cause this is dope but on some Brons :smokin

^Yeah, I know about the history of the line not truly embracing louder colorways until the IVs. I was just wondering for a minute if maybe Nike specifically chose more simple colorways for the models that weren't as popular during their original runs so that they'd be an easier sell for folks this time around. The IV-VI and 8s people were gonna get no matter what, but the I-IIIs sat on shelves and in outlets. VIIs also generally weren't as well received compared to some of the others.

Might just be overthinking it though...end of the day, every single Prelude is gonna go quick when they drop.

And IMO this would be something cool to do right before Kobe retires, I wonder what the purpose is to do this now?

I guess maybe Nike just figures it's kind of a golden opportunity for them to generate some extra hype for the 9s with his return to the court coming soon. I mean last year Adidas' entire DRose campaign was built on hyping a return that never happened :lol:

Last edited:
I have been looking for kobe 4 and 5s to ball in for awhile ,would be great to scoop these up, I am dissapointed that these are probably going to be limited.   hopefully they are made to ball also...if its anything like JB just for looks sorta deal.  then Im out.  

This is my biggest I guess "question mark" as to this whole pack. Just seems very random and I would of expected them to do it for Lebron first. Who really knows. Maybe the event will shed some light on the significance and reasoning.

So all of y'all telling me, that if these dropped during the sig runs of each particular model, y'all would scoop? Really?

Or if these were just a regular retro with no limited tag, y'all would scoop?

I'm down for I-III because I miss those models so much. But interesting question. I can see the 8 Prelude sitting because it's just another ho-hum colorway at the end of the shoe's year+ cycle

WOW! This pack is flames. I want damn near the whole pack. IV, V, VI, VIII are a must. I's and III's are nice too. Geeeez. Praying these aren't stupid hard to obtain, although I won't get my hopes up.

Last edited:
What I can tell from the teaser pic:

Kobe I - Jan 22 2006 - 81 Point Game (Shoots 28-46)
Kobe II - March 2007 - 50 Point Streak
Kobe III - May 7 2008 - Receives MVP Award
Kobe IV - Feb 2 2009 - MSG Record (61 points, played 37 min)
Kobe V - June 17 2010 - 5th Title
Kobe VI - February 20 2011 - All-Star Game in LA
Kobe VII - August 12 2012 - Wins Gold Medal in his last Olympic game (says "Farewell 10")
Kobe 8 - April 12 2013 - Achilles Injury vs. Warriors

Who knows what some of the colors have to do with these milestones, so we'll wait for that part of the story.

And torontostar my gut thinks the Lebron MVP releases are a good comparison :x

View media item 679545

got this off IG who got it from someone else...

Whelp.

The VI looks like the glass blues from that pic. :lol: Would still cop though If I can and those 4 :x must have!

The Kobe Prelude I  Drops December 7 for $200

The Kobe II Prelude. Drops December 14th for $200

The Kobe III Prelude. Drops Dec. 21st for $200.

The Kobe IV Prelude. Drops Dec 28th for $200.

The Kobe V Prelude. Drops January 4th for $200.

The Kobe VI Prelude. Drops January 11th for $200.

The Kobe VII Prelude. Drops January 18th for $200.

The Kobe 8 Prelude. Drops January 25th for $200.

Last edited:
Agreed ^ V's are amazing. Just read on twitter that the 1's release this Saturday and then one each week (in order) until the 9's.

Reflecting on the works of this generation’s greatest artist. The Kobe Prelude Pack

Last edited:
I thought from the blurry teaser pic the iv would be a gradient upper but it looks too colorful for me now. Hopefully the less loud colors(1,2,3,7) will be passed up.

Back
Top Bottom