Zoom Kobe II = Terrible

ZKI>>>>ZKII ST> ZKII
I don't post much, and I'm sure this is way late, but I finally got some ZK II's and they are pieces of garbage. As beautiful as they are (the ZKII USA Color), feels like a board on the feet, hurts like hell on the ankles, and has OK traction. And to add insult to injury, they cost 135 bucks! I havethe ST's also and they feel much more like the ZK I but still don't have the glue like grip. The only color of the ZKII that was good was the USA teamcolorway and the ST Orcas. Thanks for listening to my rant.

I agree with the part about the ankles, but they have pretty good traction and responsiveness.

And they do cost $135, but I don't know remember the last time I bought a GR basketball shoe when it first came out for retail. I paid $55 for mine about 2months ago, wore them 5-10 times and sold them for $60 shipped.

You probably bought the GR version in half a size smaller or something. My ID are fines . Like stated before, this is KObe shoes. They molded to his footshape. If you have a different foot shape, these probably isn't for you.

I HATE THE 2s aswell. I got a pair of asian exclusive USA colorway and they are terrible.They destroyed my pinky toe. They dont fit well at all, Im a 10.5 inevery other kobe shoe/2k but I had to get an 11 in this shoe and it was too small still. It was long enough, but like I said the fit sucked so bad that my toefeels like it is broken becuase the sides dig into your foot. I dont get how all these people say these are the best shoe on the market, they are terrible. Iwonder if I can send these back to nike cause they kill my feet and I cant wear them. I didnt have the Achillies problem people talked about.

thats what happens when people dont try on shoes before they buy them...no matter what anyone says on this board "oh this shoes is great or that shoe isthe best" it isnt for everyone and you need to try one shoes before you buy them.

WOH WOH WOH, Who said anything about not trying the shoes on before I bought them? I tried them on in a size 10.5. they were too small, How do you think I knewto get a size 11? Size 11.5 was too big, So what size is there left to get? Read what I wrote. The shoe itself was long enough, but the shape of the toe areawas too small, so it dugg into my foot. If I got a size bigger then my foot would have just slid around inside. READ BEFORE YOU SPEAK MR KNOW-IT-ALL

I think they're great. It cut my achilles on my left foot at one point but that happened to be the one time taht I was wearing really low socks. The onlything that kind of worries me is the midfoot support. That was a major problem I had with the Kobe 1s. After playing in them for a while the midfoot wouldgive. Of course at that point they were worn out but they weren't really durable to begin with. The kobe 2s seemedto have fixed taht problem. With thestiffer upper. I the ankle support is also really good. These shoes are great and actually take a little time to get used to because they're so differentfrom other basketball shoes.

then thats your bad if you already knew they werent gonna fit why buy them??If it was already tight after moving up a size and they ended up hurting thenwho's fault was that?I dont care if 50 people say the shoe is great but if it doesnt fit me when I try it on then I wont buy simply due to it not fittingproperly.Im not the one who spent money on some kicks that dont fit.MR LACKING COMMON SENSE

Comparing the ZKI to the ZKII and ZK ST, overall the ZK II is terrible. I'm glad I can get a better shoe at a clearance price. I wish I liked the ZKII bcthe Oly colorway is sweet.

goosebear, you are starting to sound like Mr. Jack in your old age.
laugh.gif
Kidding, of course. Have you tried any of the new And 1 shoes? I can't find any retail around here and am wanting to try the Wonders, but am a little leeryon size. I know they used to run big, but I heard they changed that. Any info?

The ZKII STs are fine with me... but they seem to have less traction than the ZK1s but the fit is great.

thats low man ahahahah I mean hell if you dont like the shoe because you didnt have a good experience with it that cool.Im not gonna defend the shoe becausenot everyone is gonna like it.But if youre gonna hate because you didnt get a proper size or tried them on and they didnt fit when you tried them on but boughtthem anyways the problem wasnt with the shoes,it's with the person

uhhmm I got a tai chi review sitting on my computer for a couple of months and need to type that up as well as a number of other reviews...aaarrrggghh notenough time!! hahahaha

I havent seen too many and 1's out here in canada lately.The last and1 shoe I tried on was the edge and I was able to stay in my normal size 10.

Hey, thanks man. Just kidding about the Jack. We rarely see And1 here in Dallas except for the low to mid price shoe, so I haven't tried them on yet. I amplanning on getting the TS Gil's this weekend if you need to know anything on them.

yah I was playing around with them this last weekend.The multiple insole deal is a really cool concept but personally I like the gil zero's better than thegil 2 0's just because the original gil zeros felt a bit more stable for me,but still pretty solid.

I thought that concept would be pretty cool, too. I have the T-Mac 6 with Formotion and can still get the Gil-Zero's around here, but I thought between thetwo I would grab the new Gil's instead.

Wore these a second time out and although I still feel the ZKI is way way better, the II finally broke in a little more..Pain subsided in my ankles but I didget the achilles problem. Traction is still not as good as the ZKI or the AJ XIV. Regardless, this shoe was more Hype than substance.

^ i don't think there was any hype with this shoe.......it hit outlets.......most outlet shoes are not hyped.....

i played in the AZK2 today (after not wearing them for a few weeks) and when your compairing them to the AZK1, the AZK1 feel much much more softer and morecushioned... another thing i don't like about the AZK2 is that the toe box is HARD, like the area above your toes.. ionno why, but with the AZK1, i lovedhow it was soo soft on your feet, the whole toe box area felt like they were made out of pillows... and i feel that the AZK2 could of been much better if ithad a outtrigger of some sort, ive gotten use to shoes with out triggers on them, they make the shoes feel much more stable...

^come on you of all ppl should know it

to the majority yeah its great but still to each his own

I have all three as well but the ZKI ranks way better than all of the ZK II's in my opinion.
ZK1 has better traction, fit (at least for me) and cushioning
ZK II has a nice colorway (the USA) and that's about all it has over the ZK1

wow. all the negativity towards kobe 2. i thought it was awesome especially the tightness around the heel and ankle. that was the one thing i did not likeabout the kobe 1. the cushioning is great in kobe 2 as well. i love it. i cut the strap off cause i did not need it. light, flexible, responsible anddefinitely a nice cut for me. there is no way the kobe 1 is better.

Back
Top Bottom