ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

Yeah, seems to be a base layer with the red overlayed and stitched in a way for small pockets of it to shine through
I don't think it's 3M, it's just the white mesh underneath, but since the red mesh mudguard has the weave openings it lets the white show through and the high contrast between red and white make it look reflective.

hey guys!

Complete newb here on spiridons.

I was looking into getting a pair of the OG metallic red pair.

I see a "2016" pair that is going for nearly 300+ and an "Ultra" pair for like $99 lol...

Can anyone fill me in on the differences?

I don't think it's 3M, it's just the white mesh underneath, but since the red mesh mudguard has the weave openings it lets the white show through and the high contrast between red and white make it look reflective.

have you seen them in person? it's either 3M or silver but def not a white mesh under there. Shines like crazy in certain lights

hey guys!

Complete newb here on spiridons.

I was looking into getting a pair of the OG metallic red pair.

I see a "2016" pair that is going for nearly 300+ and an "Ultra" pair for like $99 lol...

Can anyone fill me in on the differences?

Ultra's have a different sole, different material, and fit different.

If you want the OG model you want the "2016" pair unless you don't care about the look/material and just care about the color. But like you said, it will cost you at this point.

Ultra's have a different sole, different material, and fit different.

If you want the OG model you want the "2016" pair unless you don't care about the look/material and just care about the color. But like you said, it will cost you at this point.
Thanks for not bashing me bro lol.

I guess I'm more interested in the look of the shoe vs. having to have the "OG".

Long story short. I saw a photo of Kendrick Lamar rocking em and I thought "Man those look fire af on foot" lol.

Nike doing what they do best.

So yeah here i am lol.

Would you know if the colors are the same between the two? Or are the colors different on both

IMG_2654.JPG
wish the red was pure on the mudguard and didn't have the 3M underneath but still happy with these.

No need for OG AM1's now

as others have stated that’s not 3M underneath.

Still debating picking up the white/red. I know my size (15) will probably be gone before they are discounted. For those that own them, are they as nice in person as they look in the photos? Worth the $160? And how is the comfort compared to the Talaria's or 97's?

Comfort levels blows 97 and talaria out of the water IMO , I just copped white red for $102 off soleheaven using rewards I had with them

Comfort levels blows 97 and talaria out of the water IMO , I just copped white red for $102 off soleheaven using rewards I had with them
If I could get that price, I wouldn't hesitate. Nice to hear the comfort is better. I guess I will have to wait for ebates to get back to 10%+

have you seen them in person? it's either 3M or silver but def not a white mesh under there. Shines like crazy in certain lights

I believe based on my pair that it may be the same silver as the swoosh, with the red- mesh overlay. You guys should also note that the midsole has a sheen as well, and is not just flat white.

I would've liked a flat midsole over the pearlized version. Still eager to have the reds in hand.

To my guy who rocks size 15, do it or you may wind up coming up short. At worst, you can return them. At best, you have a really comfortable shoe that you'll wish you had two of lol.

johngotty johngotty Thanks for the advice. I agree about getting them while I can. I just got the Atlantic Blue 97's last week, and a pair of flyknit trainers a few weeks before that. I just gotta figure out something to get the Mrs. before i pull the trigger.

Just ordered the red and black pairs off of SNS. 260 shipped.

Code: sneakers gets you %10 off

I do own them, got them from SNS.

I think what you're seeing is an optical illusion. Since the red and white is so high contrast and also the white mesh naturally reflects light it looks like 3M. If you look closely at the white mesh upper it reflects light on it's own without any 3M added.
Closeup.jpg

damb not digging the irl pics of the reds. glad i went with the OG am87 instead.

on to the stash doe

snagged both the navy and red pairs. if you have the navy from the summer pack, you really don't need to get the updated version unless you really love some of the small changes. otherwise, they're very similar to each other.

Back
Top Bottom