ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

Damn man they keep doin it to us... First Mowabbs, then Talarias, now these.... One thing I've noticed is that super high retail price has seemed to drop so far. Both Mowabbs and Talarias eventually could be had for their original retail price or lower if you wait it out. They just know old heads and beasts will jump on the chance to grab these at that $175.

I remember copping the blues in '04 for $50 from training camp and could have copped the black silver but decided to chill. I'm gonna be patient with these, as hard as that's gonna be.

Damn man they keep doin it to us... First Mowabbs, then Talarias, now these.... One thing I've noticed is that super high retail price has seemed to drop so far. Both Mowabbs and Talarias eventually could be had for their original retail price or lower if you wait it out. They just know old heads and beasts will jump on the chance to grab these at that $175.

I remember copping the blues in '04 for $50 from training camp and could have copped the black silver but decided to chill. I'm gonna be patient with these, as hard as that's gonna be.

I'm grabbing a pair at retail with hopes of getting them cheaper down the road. I'm willing to dish out the cash on release day to secure a pair for that peace of mind.

Last edited:
They know what they're doing.

They'll get you to buy the listed one first and keep the blues a total secret.

Then in about 2 to 3 months they'll announce blues.

They do it all the time with retros.

I always imagine the boardroom meetings go like this when one of the more sneaker knowledgeable employee gets them to retro a classic shoe. One of the new jack merchants/marketers chimes in and says "we need to offer up some new, exciting colorways to appeal to the average cosumer". So they flood the market with a bunch of whack versions of the shoe.

IMO, the silver/black and blue/black colorways are the only ones needed for this shoe.

Last edited:
^ I'd love to see the black/gold Opium pair make a return, but that's just wishful thinking.

I got my Black/Sport Red pair today, and couldn't be happier with them.  They feel pretty close to the 2016 Talarias with just a little more room in the toe box.  I got them in my regular Air Max 1/Light/90/95 size, and they fit just right.  I could possibly squeeze into .5 size down if I had to/found them for the right price, but I personally wouldn't size up unless you have wide feet.  Good luck, guys.    

Where'd you cop from?

And what's the style code on those thanks?

I'll google it but just in case I don't find...

I copped from offthehook about a week or so back - style code is 849776-001.  It worked out to a little more than retail, but I couldn't deal with the wait anymore.  I thought I was gonna need professional counseling a few months back when peeps were saying those white Flyknit things were the Spiridon 16.  

I copped from offthehook about a week or so back - style code is 849776-001.  It worked out to a little more than retail, but I couldn't deal with the wait anymore.  I thought I was gonna need professional counseling a few months back when peeps were saying those white Flyknit things were the Spiridon 16.  

I generally wear a size 12 but had to get a 12.5 in the og neon 95. Do you think I should get a 12?

To me, the 2015 Neons fit similar in width, but the toe is a little longer on the Spiridons.  In other words, when I walk in my 95s (in the same size), I don't feel the toe box flex at all, but I notice it somewhat on the Spiridons.  Not to the point where it's annoying, but to where I wouldn't want to size up and could probably deal with .5 down (which I could never do in 95s).  But my feet are on the narrow side.  If you had to size up in the 95s because of width, you'll probably want to with these also.   I hope that helps... 

To me, the 2015 Neons fit similar in width, but the toe is a little longer on the Spiridons.  In other words, when I walk in my 95s (in the same size), I don't feel the toe box flex at all, but I notice it somewhat on the Spiridons.  Not to the point where it's annoying, but to where I wouldn't want to size up and could probably deal with .5 down (which I could never do in 95s).  But my feet are on the narrow side.  If you had to size up in the 95s because of width, you'll probably want to with these also.   I hope that helps... 
Thanks. I was fine in the width actually. My problem was length. Just not enough room in the toe on the 95 so I did a 12.5.

I got my Black/Sport Red pair today, and couldn't be happier with them.  They feel pretty close to the 2016 Talarias with just a little more room in the toe box.  I got them in my regular Air Max 1/Light/90/95 size, and they fit just right.  I could possibly squeeze into .5 size down if I had to/found them for the right price, but I personally wouldn't size up unless you have wide feet.  Good luck, guys.    

Heu buddy, you have the 16 Talarias as well? Did you get the Spiridons in the same size as your Talarias? My problem with Nike runners is that they all run short on my feet and I don't have a wide foot. All my LunarGlides, Zoom Structures & even Air Max '16 are .5 up. It's only in normal running shoes (Huaraches a different story we all know how they run).

I need that ability to wiggle my big toe on my larger foot and can't deal with my toes touching/jammed against the inside end of the toebox.

Could I ask if you have the Talarias, could you post a pic of them sole to sole with the Spiridons, so I can see how the length compares? I'd really appreciate it if you could. Thanks buddy. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
No problem, fam.  They are both the same size.  My phone is ancient, so the picture quality is not great, but you get the idea:  

I think they are pretty similar in overall size/length, maybe just a tiny bit longer on the Spiridons.  The main difference is that the Talaria has that soft toe section like the Air Structure Triax 91s which is more forgiving with sizing up or down (to me).  With the Spiridon, the toe box is way more defined/what you see is what you get.  

No problem, fam.  They are both the same size.  My phone is ancient, so the picture quality is not great, but you get the idea:  View media item 2093379

I think they are pretty similar in overall size/length, maybe just a tiny bit longer on the Spiridons.  The main difference is that the Talaria has that soft toe section like the Air Structure Triax 91s which is more forgiving with sizing up or down (to me).  With the Spiridon, the toe box is way more defined/what you see is what you get.  

Hey buddy, thanks so much for posting that photo. Really helps me a lot. Gonna get the same size as my Talarias. I really appreciate your help. Repped. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom