♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny lady

Any Sudeikis interviews about his Jordan fetish?
GQ Interview 

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2013-08/20/jason-sudeikis-film-style-interview

sneaker questions in spoiler
Jason Bateman is really into watches; is it true you have an equivalent obsession with high-tops? 
I wear a lot of Nikes and lot of Air Jordan specifically. I've always collected things. As a kid I Ioved Encyclopedia Brown. I don't know if you have that here but he's like a child Sherlock Holmes and I had every single book. At one point I remember having every single Michael Jordan poster in my room - or at least every one that was sold at my nearest mall. I've always worn sneakers: first as a necessity, when playing sports, and then I suppose for no other reason than it reminds me of that time. When they bring out the old-school Jordans it's kind of great: you can have them all over again, shoes that I had when I was a kid - I had the very first pair of Jordans in '86. So I buy stuff on eBay or there's a great store in New York called Flight Club - they have one in LA too that I hit up. Recently, people from Nike and Jordan brand will send me stuff too. Then I have a young fella on eBay - him and his father have a shoe selling company, so sometimes if I don't want to bother the guys at Nike or Jordan I'll get them through him.

How many pairs do you have? 
I think it's 100. I've just come up with a new storage system for them. It's crazy… I had 30 for a long time, and then I would say in the past year and a half it really multiplied. It's like when my mom at some point revealed to the kids that she liked penguins, so then it just became that you buy her penguin stuff every holiday. It became like that: once people knew, it was "Oh, we'll just send him stuff". The ones that I already have or won't really wear I gift to friends and family, or you sign a pair and give them to charity. So it works out for everyone. Luckily I'm not in a job where I have to worry about my footwear too much. Olivia is very supportive of it, having bought me a couple of pairs here and there as gifts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom