∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Someone put this together on another forum I read...

The girl who shut the door on McAdams at the mansion was Jessie Pinkman's girlfriend Andrea from Breaking Bad.

So....in S2 so far, we have Rick Springfield and Jessie's Girl :lol:

Not sure if it was intentional, but with the subtle dig at Mad Max, I'm not so sure....

Clever...VERY clever :pimp:

So....in S2 so far, we have Rick Springfield and Jessie's Girl :lol:

:lol: Boogie Nights forever changed how corny I used to think that song was... How on earth did that song give this scene in Boogie Nights such a hard edge?!?!

Last edited:
Yall think we met the killer yet ? We met lawnmower dude around this times last season

Gotta be one of the dudes at the movie set
i hope its the Cary Fukunaga looking director, would be a cold blooded message from Pizzolatto

Yall think we met the killer yet ? We met lawnmower dude around this times last season

Gotta be one of the dudes at the movie set
i hope its the Cary Fukunaga looking director, would be a cold blooded message from Pizzolatto

Word is Pizzalatto hates Fukunga now, and director character was to take a shot at him.

Especially the photographer's line about how the director can't write dialogue.

If he ends up being the killer, it would be lulz :lol:

Last edited:
^^^^^

:lol:
This is exactly what came to mind.

Valcoro is "dead" and all I can think about is napoleon making a bird with his hands.

Last edited:
I feel like the only one meant for their role in this season is CF

I think McAdams is horribly miscast

McA has been aiight to me, but I do think other actresses may have fared better. I'll reserve final judgement when the season concludes though.

Taylor Kitsch's schtick is getting on my nerves a bit. He's kinda getting his "Hayden Christensen" school of acting on...

Good *** episode but I'm more intrigued by the characters than who killed Casper. I was :lol: when the police guy (forgot his name) was pissed about Rachel coming up in his house.

I like how the departments are using their person to go at the other. Kinda wondering how all that will end up

Ray is my favorite character :pimp:

Last edited:
I love how they make fun of E-Cigarette's, the whole season :lol:

This lol every scene is priceless hope it doesn't end ahaha

Season is getting a bit better like everyone said.. People don't tend to remember first season started this slow as well. I just bing watch season 1 a week ago and its a hard show to get into but very good once your into it. I ignored this the same way I'm ignoring GoT But I think I'll continue to ignore it as I can't stand old English lol. From someone who has had visions in his life I appreciate both this seasons and lasts visions keeps the show interesting and your mind looking for an explanation. That Elvis bit was so spooky.

^ That wasn't Elvis, that was a dude kinda dressed up to look like a young Conway Twittty singing Twitty's song "The Rose".

Good *** episode but I'm more intrigued by the characters than who killed Casper. I was :lol: when the police guy (forgot his name) was pissed about Rachel coming up in his house.

I like how the departments are using their person to go at the other. Kinda wondering how all that will end up

U mean the mayor's house?

U mean the mayor's house?

x_x didn't realize he was the mayor...but yea him

I immediately thought of Mad Max when they rolled up on that film set.

Enlighten me though, why would they take a dig at that?

Was that Ginger (Crash's old motorcycle gang buddy) from season 1 that was one of Vince Vaughns guys this past episode?

Paul's friend says he can sleep w/ women w/ the right medication....

The feds want Ani to sleep w/ Ray....but I think he's going to turn the tables. He's a lot smarter (I think) than what Ani gives him credit for.

Also, that scene w/ Ani and her ex was :pimp:

He probably gonna trick her or manipulate a situation to where she ends up doing dirt and he'll hold it over her so she can never turn him in for the **** he's done if he doesn't bang first but he might do both to get her on his side.

for me so far...

but honestly i think it's cause i binge watched the first season...it was so good watching it like that. 

still have no chance of not finishing it though. but i agree with whoever said that they are more interested in the characters than the actual suspect. 

does anyone think rachels dude she brushed aside in this episode has a further part to play in the story? i feel like they put that scene in there as to foreshadow something. 
nerd.gif

may or may not matter. they may just have a desperate ex show up every couple episodes. more to develop her character than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom