∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
From Reddit

The arsonist's mask on the movie set

OZcNlGh.jpg

Last edited:
^ As mentioned above, it was a dig at Cary Fukunaga (who worked with Nic on Season 1).

Nic wasted all that budget to build out a film set just to throw shade at Cary.

laugh.gif

Would be hilarious if this season is filled with digs at Fukunaga

Fukunaga is an executive producer too. :smh: :lol:

Enjoyed this episode more than the first two. Still waiting for something to get me more invested in the Caspere murder. Right now all the scheming with Vinci PD and the State Dept is way more interesting that the case itself.

VV's character actually had something entertaining to provide rather than boring dialogue.

E-Cigarette had me :lol:

So anyway... 

I dunno if it was TK's acting or whatever, but that scene with him at the club was really awkward.  He looked awkwardly uneasy... 

Also, we don't know who this guy is yet, right?

19315633818_43dda2ddbd_c.jpg

Yep, I considered that as they had close-ups of him in the next scene... just wasn't sure.

18881396624_610853e2c8_c.jpg

I feel like the only one meant for their role in this season is CF

I think McAdams is horribly miscast

IMO:

CF is cool

Vaughn in miscast

Taylor Kitsch's character is poorly written

McAdam's character is underdeveloped

personally i wanna wait it out till i go back and judge, but if i find myself agreeing, the first culprit would be too many characters. and i reference eps 1, and how hard the show worked within that first hour (a full 61 min or so) to establish double the characters and story.

I thought it was Ray's partner surveilling Paul in the club. It seems like each of the departments in the investigation are at war with each other.

Man, that's messed up that Pizzolatto took a shot at Fukunaga... :smh:

Last edited:
After seeing the three episodes multiple times..its safe to say that this season is way harder to figure out than the first season

And I'm not saying one is better than the other..they are completely different..having new actors and a new premise keeps is great IMO..i believe Fargo is doing the same type of thing (The Fargo show is 10 out of 10 btw)

Anyway about the acting..

Farrell is exceptional in this role

**i think Vince Vaughn is actually exceeding expectations..I could see why some can't take him seriously but..but he is portraying a gangster very well..he obviously wants to show off his versatility..HBO knew what they were doing with the casting of both Farrell and Vaughn

McAdams is ok..some scenes I'm not really convinced but not that bad..she is mad hot tho..anyone notice her partner always says a smart *** comment? lol

Highway patrol dude's acting is decent I guess

Any of u guys have any thoughts on who birdman is??? U think it may b casper's psychiatrist or no..

Yeah i don't know how i feel yet about the season. IDK how you can't compare it to season 1. Which is clearly so far the better season.
Everyone is saying everything this season is "a little too obvious". But i don't want to jump on that ship until everything is confirmed.

If we are guessing i agree with that article about it being Vince Vaughns assistant. Who just randomly turned his phone off and showed up late in that one scene. Seemed strange

I actually think Collin Ferrels character is kind of annoying. I hope he stops with the drunk/angry/crooked cop and starts making the turn. Drinking water now, might start to care?

Not a fan of this season at all. I don't care what the people forcing themselves to "enjoy" this show say about my intelligence; so far the show has done nothing to make me care about the story or the equally boring main characters. Season 1 was slow but the characters, dialogue, story, setting, etc were 100x more interesting

Last edited:
What a let down this season has been! Boring as hell. That entire boxing match with Vince Vaugh was stupid... what a horrible role using him as a mob boss! Only reason to even continue watching is Rachael McAdams and hopefully we get a scene with her doing the "suck em and leave em type"

So anyway... 

I dunno if it was TK's acting or whatever, but that scene with him at the club was really awkward.  He looked awkwardly uneasy... 

I think that was his goal tho. he is hiding/running from his homosexuality.

Back
Top Bottom