╬:::OFFICIAL CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 2013 Season Thread::: ╬ Cavs Win 2013 #1 Draft Pick in Lottery!!!!

Originally Posted by Essential1

If the Cavs make the right pick at 1st and 4th.. They will still land in the lottery next year (Sorry guys)... They gotta hope for the Bulls scenario where they steal the 1st pick.. Because if you remember the Bulls had the smallest % to get the #1 pick, but won and got Derrick Rose..

If you have 3 top 5 picks within 2 years sign them all to multi year contracts.. Entice an up and coming superstar to join the team.. Pick up some of the essential bench components.. There will still be a lot of cap room to try to get that solid #2 option, and you would have one of the better teams in the league... Not to mention a really good coach if Gilbert sticks with him, which I'm sure he will considering the whole fiasco of last off season..

Hope for you Cavs fans...
Your guide to NBA Success:
- 5 top 3 picks including 2 number 1 overall picks

- Sign superstar

- Essential bench players

- Use cap room to sign a #2 option

- After all this talent, they'd still need a really good coach

indifferent.gif
 How many NBA teams even remotely fit that description? That would be like OKC signing two more superstars after drafting Harden. 

If the Cavs make the right pick at 1st and 4th.. They will still land in the lottery next year (Sorry guys)... They gotta hope for the Bulls scenario where they steal the 1st pick.. Because if you remember the Bulls had the smallest % to get the #1 pick, but won and got Derrick Rose..

If you have 3 top 5 picks within 2 years sign them all to multi year contracts.. Entice an up and coming superstar to join the team.. Pick up some of the essential bench components.. There will still be a lot of cap room to try to get that solid #2 option, and you would have one of the better teams in the league... Not to mention a really good coach if Gilbert sticks with him, which I'm sure he will considering the whole fiasco of last off season..

- Sign superstar

indifferent.gif
 How many NBA teams even remotely fit that description? That would be like OKC signing two more superstars after drafting Harden. 

Originally Posted by mgrand15

- Sign superstar

indifferent.gif

1. Bryon Scott pretty good coach to begin with.. I was saying they have a good coach...

They have a #1 and a #4 this year... Pretty conceivable they end up in the lottery next year..so if the lottery ball bounces their way next year they could have a top 5 again....Like when the Bulls were odds at the 13th pick but ended up getting the first pick by chance..

Your math is wrong from you I said 3 top 5 picks....

if they make the right draft choices they will have a solid core.. With a good coach already and a solid core, if they can find someone who wants to be the face of the franchise.. Then they have what they need to convince people who would play a smaller role to come in....

That's absolutely plausible...

- Sign superstar

indifferent.gif

1. Bryon Scott pretty good coach to begin with.. I was saying they have a good coach...

They have a #1 and a #4 this year... Pretty conceivable they end up in the lottery next year..so if the lottery ball bounces their way next year they could have a top 5 again....Like when the Bulls were odds at the 13th pick but ended up getting the first pick by chance..

if they make the right draft choices they will have a solid core.. With a good coach already and a solid core, if they can find someone who wants to be the face of the franchise.. Then they have what they need to convince people who would play a smaller role to come in....

That's absolutely plausible...

Eve of the draft what are cavs fans feeling?

I think Kyrie is a solid pick from what I've heard and read about him; unfortunately I haven't seen much but I'm optimistic and trust the decision making of the cavs front office.

Still I do NOT want to get Kanter or the Lithuanian at the #4. There's some other studs I think that could be a big contributing factor

Wouldn't mind Brandon Knight and Derrick Williams. Seems like a winning combo to me.

What do you guys think?

Eve of the draft what are cavs fans feeling?

I think Kyrie is a solid pick from what I've heard and read about him; unfortunately I haven't seen much but I'm optimistic and trust the decision making of the cavs front office.

Still I do NOT want to get Kanter or the Lithuanian at the #4. There's some other studs I think that could be a big contributing factor

Wouldn't mind Brandon Knight and Derrick Williams. Seems like a winning combo to me.

What do you guys think?

Essential1 wrote:

Essential1 wrote:

- Sign superstar

indifferent.gif

if they make the right draft choices they will have a solid core.. With a good coach already and a solid core, if they cant find someone who wants to be the face of the franchise.. Then they have never had/will have what they need to convince people who would play a smaller role to come in....

That's absolutely plausible... never has happen in the history of this franchise and cant see it ever happening.

Best case only scenario is build a team ala like the championships run pistons and have a team of good players non allstar allstars. Lebron was the except and only superstar the team really has ever had, and he even left, and the reason he somewhat stayed was cause he was a homer. That was a fluke and the odds of a major elite superstar leaving an major market/team with great management/ownership with business sense to go to a team that hasnt shown signs of this ever.... plus just the city and state alone is far-fetched wishful thinking.

Essential1 wrote:

Essential1 wrote:

- Sign superstar

indifferent.gif

if they make the right draft choices they will have a solid core.. With a good coach already and a solid core, if they cant find someone who wants to be the face of the franchise.. Then they have never had/will have what they need to convince people who would play a smaller role to come in....

That's absolutely plausible... never has happen in the history of this franchise and cant see it ever happening.

Best case only scenario is build a team ala like the championships run pistons and have a team of good players non allstar allstars. Lebron was the except and only superstar the team really has ever had, and he even left, and the reason he somewhat stayed was cause he was a homer. That was a fluke and the odds of a major elite superstar leaving an major market/team with great management/ownership with business sense to go to a team that hasnt shown signs of this ever.... plus just the city and state alone is far-fetched wishful thinking.

I feel a lot of Cavs fans are high on Knight because of what they saw him do against tOSU.

IMO just draft Kyrie. I love Williams, but we need a legit PG.

I'm just very optimistic and excited to see what happens.

I feel a lot of Cavs fans are high on Knight because of what they saw him do against tOSU.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

I think that's what it was. He was aggressive and had nice shot selection. I'm sure wherever he goes he'll make a solid impact

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

I think that's what it was. He was aggressive and had nice shot selection. I'm sure wherever he goes he'll make a solid impact

I'm starting to lean toward Kyrie BUT I WANT Derrick Williams also. Doubtful he falls to #4. Any news on JJ? I am hoping he is living in the gym this summer tuning up his game and adding pieces to it. Didn't know he averaged 16.1 and 11.0 after Jan 1st. Nice.

I think Baron Davis is a good piece to keep as well.

I'm starting to lean toward Kyrie BUT I WANT Derrick Williams also. Doubtful he falls to #4. Any news on JJ? I am hoping he is living in the gym this summer tuning up his game and adding pieces to it. Didn't know he averaged 16.1 and 11.0 after Jan 1st. Nice.

Being a duke fan, i can assure you guys that Kyrie is the gonna be a great player. He's humble, wants to work, and is willing to get others involved. I would take kyrie with the first, and either try and trade the 4th pick for the 2nd pick or a later pick with a solid player.

Being a duke fan, i can assure you guys that Kyrie is the gonna be a great player. He's humble, wants to work, and is willing to get others involved. I would take kyrie with the first, and either try and trade the 4th pick for the 2nd pick or a later pick with a solid player.

Read on Twitter the Cavs are trying to package their two 2nd round picks and some cash to move back into the first round (20 range).

Read on Twitter the Cavs are trying to package their two 2nd round picks and some cash to move back into the first round (20 range).

Kyrie and Kanter would be the way to go for me. Easily.

If someone trades up to take Kanter at 3, I would trade 4 for established talent.

Kyrie and Kanter would be the way to go for me. Easily.

If someone trades up to take Kanter at 3, I would trade 4 for established talent.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I agree, baron seemingly has accepted his role as veteran and mentor. In a recent article with espn mag where players from the top 15 teams in the draft picked who theyd like to see there team get baron chose Kyrie first over all and for the 4th a pretty surprising pick...

4. Cleveland Cavaliers
Klay Thompson, WSU G
"Klay is the best 2-guard in the draft," says Davis. "We need wing players. I love his height [6-6], athleticism [5.2 RPG] and ability to score [21.6 PPG]. He'll help spread the floor for us because defenses are going to have to know where he is at all times."

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I agree, baron seemingly has accepted his role as veteran and mentor. In a recent article with espn mag where players from the top 15 teams in the draft picked who theyd like to see there team get baron chose Kyrie first over all and for the 4th a pretty surprising pick...

4. Cleveland Cavaliers
Klay Thompson, WSU G
"Klay is the best 2-guard in the draft," says Davis. "We need wing players. I love his height [6-6], athleticism [5.2 RPG] and ability to score [21.6 PPG]. He'll help spread the floor for us because defenses are going to have to know where he is at all times."

^cool I'm glad Baron is "we". Hopefully they can make a trade or something to get them near the playoffs. They're 3-5 players away. Wing being the biggest whole. If Memphis was looking to move Rudy, I'd send that 4th pick for him. Its GOTTA a team looking to move a good player who is replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom