⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So Joan Laporta has promised should he win the election & become Barca president again, he will get rid of the qatar shirt sponsorship & bring back Eric Abidal as a sporting director. I love Abi but not sure if he's qualified yet.

Edit- Joan's quote about the qatar sponsorship -

We prefer to be linked with UNICEF. We don't share [the ideas of the] political regime in Qatar. It gives the impression anything can be bought for money; that is not Barca. We are UNICEF. They are Qatar.

He also wants to put emphasis back on La Masia which is the first time in a long time I've heard any executive talk about it -

It is a question of identity and an important pillar to create a sustainable and solid club. We want La Masia to function well again. It's allowed us to achieve great success. We want players coming out of La Masia for the first team at a high level, like with [Andres] Iniesta, [Sergio] Busquets, Pedro, Xavi and [Lionel] Messi.

Pep Confidential has been a very good read so far. The writer, Marti Peranau was given a lot of access. Along with being burned out of ideas, Pep did leave because of the political mess behind the scenes dealing with combustible Laporta & a snake in the grass Rossell. Although he wouldn't admit it, the writer did confirm he wanted to remake the squad the year before because he could see players getting lackadaisical. Those that Pep wanted gone were indeed Cesc, Pique, & Alves who were among those complaining about the difficult training the team was asked to continue to do even though trophies were won.

Last edited:
Mario Mandzukic has completed a £15m move to Juventus after passing a medical with the Serie A club.

The 29-year-old striker joins the Champions League finalists from Atletico Madrid on a four-year deal.

JuventusFC ‏@juventusfcen · 1h1 hour ago
.@MarioMandzukic9 joins Juventus, penning a four-year deal with the club: http://juve.it/ODpAe #WelcomeMandzukic
CIHlbkoWwAA5iTk.jpg
CIHlblgW8AAJXMb.jpg

Agreed,they're building quite a deep squad...

They meant business when they said they'd become a buying club and not a selling one :lol:

Last edited:
- Southampton have signed Martin Stekelenburg from Fulham on a season-long loan deal. The Netherlands international goalkeeper will provide cover for the Saints in the absence of Fraser Forster, who will miss the start of the season through injury.

- Burnley have signed Matthew Lowton from Aston Villa on a three-year deal

Burnley FC ‏@BurnleyOfficial · 6m6 minutes ago
Our first signing of the summer Matthew Lowton described his move as a "no brainer". #WelcomeMatt
CIIKYZ2XAAA__6M.jpg

- BENITEZ PROMISES SIGNINGS

New Real Madrid boss Rafa Benitez has promised more signings at the Bernabeu before the start of next season, but warned it would not be easy to improve what they already have.

He told the club's official website: "Of course there will be (more signings). Danilo and Casemiro, for example, are players that will be very important and the club works every day to try to increase the level of this team with other signings that will help us face the challenges that await us.

"But let me just say that to improve the current Real Madrid side is enormously difficult. This team has won it all and has proved the level it has. The fans can be certain that the team will have the level of competitiveness that this club demands."

- Bayern Munich goalkeeper Pepe Reina is expected in Italy tomorrow for talks and a potential medical ahead of a move to Napoli, according to Sky sources. Reina has been made surplus to requirements by Bayern, who have already signed Sven Ullrich from Stuttgart as his replacement. The Spanish goalkeeper spent the 2013-14 season on loan at Napoli from Liverpool.

Pissed Casmeiro didn't stay at Porto but this has to mean Illaramendi is gone from Madrid.
it wasnt his choice...real madrid had a buy back clause. 

anyone watching US womens team  play tonight? it will be my first time watching them this world cup. 

press
smokin.gif

Last edited:
it wasnt his choice...real madrid had a buy back clause. 

anyone watching US womens team  play tonight? it will be my first time watching them this world cup. 

press:smokin  

Yea I know, I just didn't think Real would want him back after having so many midfielders already. Just points to Illara peacing out.

Manchester City will offer Liverpool £50 Million for Raheem Sterling.

That to me is a ludicrous offer that Pool needs to take. Just let him go.

Seems about right considering today's market where Gareth Bale can go for €100m :lol:

And the English player/Rival for a CL spot tax.

Dude is young, City can get good years out of him and also eventually sell him to another club down the line and at worst recoup a lot of that 50m.

The only thing I'm thinking though is that if they wait a year he'll be on the final year of his contract and Liverpool will run the risk of losing him on a free and could get desperate. But obviously you risk losing out on him or that he extends his contract with Pool. And City need new talent now.

Even Rio called the 50m price tag for Raheem and some of the valuations for English players in general, including HurriKane,an absolute joke :lol:. Watch 'Pool end up holding out for more :lol:

Last edited:
ENGLISHMAN CHASING THE STAR OF BORUSSIA DORTMUND
|
40-million-attack on Aubameyang

From HEIKO NIEDDERER, JÖRG WEILER
Netzt Dortmund Spiderman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (26) soon on the island one?
Englishman chasing BVB-Star : 40-million-attack on Aubameyang!
IMAGE learned: Borussia leading scorer last season (25 goals in official matches / 11 templates) is on the wish list of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger (65) at the top.
The third in the Premier League is currently preparing a 40-million-euro offer for the Dortmund attacker Turbo (the fastest sprinters in the Bundesliga).

Aubameyang was changed in 2013 to "only" 13 million of St. Etienne (France) for BVB. Meanwhile lists "transfermarkt.de" the speedy Gabon with a value of 19 million euros. Still rising!
Since the recent Champions League duels with the BVB Wenger is delighted with Aubameyang. At 2: 0 first-leg win over the Gunners last September Aubameyang scored the 2: 0, gave an outstanding performance.
In addition to the Arsenal and Chelsea and Manchester City are interested.
The 40-million-attack on Aubameyang - the BVB bosses are weak in this sum and let their best shooter?
Probably not! Especially because currently lacks an alternative with Tor warranty. Nevertheless, this issue is currently being discussed intensively in the Dortmund boss floor.

No wonder, with the potential profit-driving capability. And trading is only just in the weeks up to full speed ...
Until then applies: In the plans of new coach Thomas Tuchel (41) Aubameyang plays a central role.
What's more: The national team still has a contract until 2018, feels by its own account very well at Borussia Dortmund and has worked with superstar Marco Reus (25) his very thick buddy team.

Parma declared bankrupt, relegated to amateur league

Parma are set to compete in the Italian amateur leagues after being declared bankrupt.
Baseball legend Mike Piazza pulled out of talks to buy the bankrupt club on Monday, a day after Giuseppe Corrado decided to withdraw his interest in the club. Parma had sought an investor to clear €22.6m of debt but will now be demoted to Serie D. “The administrators of Parma FC, Dr. Angelo Anedda and Dr. Alberto Guion, communicated that as of 14.00 today, June 22 2015, no offers have been received for the sporting rights of the club,” a statement confirmed. “In the coming hours the administrators will meet with the creditor’s committee and the bankruptcy judge Dr Pietro Rogato to make the necessary arrangements for the bankruptcy proceedings.”

The news means that Parma will not be able to register for next season’s Serie B, following their relegation at the end of the season just passed.

A new Parma entity will have to begin again from Serie D, the highest amateur league, and attempt to work their way back up the divisions.

OUR VIEW This is the second time in just over a decade that Parma have been declared insolvent – having fallen on hard times after the Parmalat scandal in 2004. Engineering entrepreneur Tommaso Ghirardi bought the club in 2007 after three years of administration and ushered in a period of stability. However, things started to unravel in late 2014 when he sold 66.55% of his stake in holding company Eventi Sportivi. It is a sorry state of affairs that a club who as recently as 2001 won the Coppa Italia will be playing in Serie D next season. Parma FC represent a city of just 190,000 inhabitants, and are, despite their recent successes, a relatively small club that have over-achieved. It appears as though the club have over-stretched their finances once more and the fans look set to bear that cost with a relegation to the amateur leagues. Read the original article on Football Italia - The ultimate website for English-speaking fans of Italian football

Seems about right considering today's market where Gareth Bale can go for €100m :lol:

And the English player/Rival for a CL spot tax.

Dude is young, City can get good years out of him and also eventually sell him to another club down the line and at worst recoup a lot of that 50m.

Oh, It can def get worse... when it comes to Englishmen trying to fill potential we've seen an extremely slippy slope, they could sell him to West Ham and get only £15 Million for him in 5 years because he didn't live up to the hype. :lol:

I think he'll do well tho, Ciity need the speed.

Last edited:
Manchester City will offer Liverpool £50 Million for Raheem Sterling.

That to me is a ludicrous offer that Pool needs to take. Just let him go.
:frown: that better be the last cent City goes up. I like Raheem the Dream, I really do. The thing is the talent is there but it's not all put together yet. Even Pool was confused to where he played the strongest. Had him on the wing, center forward, attacking midfield. £50 is a huge sum amount to be throwing around. I know he can do well at the Etihad but at this point City is just displaying desperation.

Man U stealing Depay for £25 mill while City struggling to even make Pool budge on Raheem for £50 mill. I rather see that 50 thrown at De Bruyne and Firmino. That homegrown English hype :smh:

:frown: that better be the last cent City goes up. I like Raheem the Dream, I really do. The thing is the talent is there but it's not all put together yet. Even Pool was confused to where he played the strongest. Had him on the wing, center forward, attacking midfield. £50 is a huge sum amount to be throwing around. I know he can do well at the Etihad but at this point City is just displaying desperation.

Man U stealing Depay for £25 mill while City struggling to even make Pool budge on Raheem for £50 mill. I rather see that 50 thrown at De Bruyne and Firmino. That homegrown English hype :smh:

Agreed....DeBruyne, entices more.

Back
Top Bottom