⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Southampton in talks with Celtic for Van Dijk

A report in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf on Wednesday morning stated that Southampton had lodged a £10 million bid with Celtic for the defender, but according to the BBC there has been no offer yet.

They report that Southampton have held discussions with the Scottish champions over the 24-year-old, but he is only one of Ronald Koeman’s defensive targets as he looks to replace Toby Alderweireld who decided to join Tottenham Hotspur.

Van Dijk has been a star for Celtic since joining from Groningen in 2013, and their coach Ronny Deila has stated that the club will not allow the Dutchman to leave as they look to qualify for the Champions League. However the lure of the Premier League and the chance to impress national team boss Danny Blind in a more competitive league, could tempt Van Dijk away from Celtic Park.

Sanogo has “no qualities” according to De Boer

Ajax youth coach Ronald De Boer has slammed on loan Arsenal forward Yaya Sanogo who he believes has no qualities to offer the Amsterdam Club.

By Michael Bell

The striker has made two substitute appearances for Ajax since joining for the season from Arsenal, and also scored a hat-trick during a mid week friendly against Umm Salal.

Ajax coach Frank de Boer praised the young Frenchman after the friendly win, but his brother and youth academy assistant coach at the club, Ronald does not see any real quality in Sanogo.

Ronald de Boer told Voetbal International, “I heard Frank say last week that this is one of the best squads with whom he has ever worked,”

“However, when I see Sanogo, I still have my doubts. I have still found no qualities with which you can do something.

“I think that Ajax has too little depth, the real speed is lacking, meaning that your opponent can never be surprised.

“An opponent of Ajax can therefore cope quite easily under pressure and that makes the team relatively easy to defend against.”

The hate is real >D

If all these rumored signings go through and they don't win any trophies this year :lol:

Last edited:
Sheesh... Lord knows what Adidas is spending on Madrid too

:x Probably more than Man U

My goodness Adidas hit a home run on those Chelsea kits this year man. Every time I see them, I question my club loyalty.

Arsenal too. Puma went in and made a classic kit.

Wish Adidas went with the button collar on Man U's like they did Chelsea and Bayern this year

Seems like Nike is much more interested in securing the NFL, NBA, and college programs than big soccer clubs nowadays. Just this year they lost Manchester Utd and Juventus, last year they let Arsenal sign with Puma. Only giants they have left are Barca, Man City, PSG, and Inter Milan while Adidas now boasts a roster that includes Real Madrid, Man Utd, Juve, Chelsea, AC Milan, and Bayern Munich.

My goodness Adidas hit a home run on those Chelsea kits this year man. Every time I see them, I question my club loyalty.

Agreed. Not a Chelski fan, but they definitely are sporting the cleanest look in the EPL this year.

Last edited:
A lot of you might be surprised to learn that the Real deal is worth a bit less,it's valued at around £31m annually...

Last edited:
roll.gif

I'm pretty sure any football executive can do Woodward's job.

All you need is that transfer kitty and sofifa.com weekly player updates on current overall and potential :rofl:

Last edited:
I wouldn't be impressed. Man U seems like they're headed in an exciting direction and are the bigger/more prestigious club. All he's gotta do you'd think is come correct with the figures.

But you're right rolaholic gotta give him props for being the one to initially put those deals together and for having the foresight to know ppl would still cop jerseys with an ugly *** enormous colored Chevy logo on it.

Last edited:
He also gets props for finally using all that $ to bring in quality talent.

Even though he always had the resources at his disposal,SAF was never the biggest fan of the transfer window and usually preferred keeping a squad of his guys that he brought up and just a few low profile signings. That worked out for the most part but I always used to feel just a bit salty seeing Citeh/Chelsea or the Gunners spending big for world class talent while we stayed put when we had the finances to do the same.

Now things have changed,with FFP not a big obstacle as it is for other clubs,LVG/Woody have shown the willingness to spend big to fill the squad with quality players and they're able to act pretty freely in the market as a result of all that sponsor $. 

I'm sure they could put a damn Silverado on the front of the shirt and they would still sell like hotcakes 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Seems like Nike is much more interested in securing the NFL, NBA, and college programs than big soccer clubs nowadays. Just this year they lost Manchester Utd and Juventus, last year they let Arsenal sign with Puma. Only giants they have left are Barca, Man City, PSG, and Inter Milan while Adidas now boasts a roster that includes Real Madrid, Man Utd, Juve, Chelsea, AC Milan, and Bayern Munich.

Nike is getting the NBA in a few years right? I think the American market is more lucrative right now

I'm pretty sure any football executive can do Woodward's job.

All you need is that transfer kitty and sofifa.com weekly player updates on current overall and potential :rofl:

If that were the case then teams like Barcelona and Madrid would have the same kit deals etc.

Word dude said a bit meanwhile the difference is worth the amount of acquiring 1 Modric annually :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom