⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Happy Holidays gents... Another great year in this thread is coming to a close. Looking forward to the back half of the campaign.

Great story from UEFA recounting the Christmas day truce during WWI where a football game broke out between allied forces & the Germans. UEFA's YT page wouldn't allow to embed so check out the link featuring Sir Bobby Charlton, Philipp Lahm, Gareth Bale, Wayne Rooney, & UEFA President Michel Platini among others.

Sainsbury', a UK grocery chain is also commemorating the 100th anniversary of this event with this commercial.

side note: both pieces don't provide all the details...

Last edited:
they ran that commercial non stop while I was in the UK 
laugh.gif

De Gea, Jones, Carrick, Evans, Valencia, Fletcher, Mata, Rooney, Young, RvP, Flacao

Lindegaard, Blackett, McNair, Rafael, Di Maria, Januzaj, Wilson

Glad to see Falcao finally in the starting 11,I wasn't expecting ADM to be back today though. Pleasant surprise.

Another great shift from Milner today. Dude is so under appreciated. Silva really put the team on his back with those 2 goals. Really great team performance especially in Palace's final third. Possession and passing were crisp. Yeah it was against Palace but I'll take 3 points all day in this jam packed time of the year.

Fellaini didn't make the trip and Herrera apparently became "unwell" today and would've started otherwise. Fletcher is the one to turn to when there are seriously no other options :lol:

Back
Top Bottom