Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Last edited:
Forca Barca!!!

Hope they come close... Also hope we're not out of town in vacation.

I think Bayern are doing a US tour also...

If Milan sack Inzaghi, that will be 2 absolutely class players from their past they will have fired.
mean.gif
I wouldnt mind if Inzaghi got fired at this point of the season, but i still feel bad that they got rid of Seedorf. He actually brought the squad together and had them playing with confidence, it really sucks that it didnt work out for him, i hear that things between him and Milan are bad now so i doubt he is coming back. He should definitely be credited for bringing the best out of Balotelli and Adel Taarabt.

I loved Seedorf as a player, his Milan teams (with Inzaghi) were so fun to watch but hiring him with having no coaching experience was a mistake. He did ok given the circumstances but his lack of experience showed. The irony however is that sporting director Adriano Galliani fired Seedorf at the team he won 7 of his last 9 games.

If Inzaghi gets fired, Milan will have to pay 3 managers salaries (Allegri, Seedorf, & Inzaghi) for the balance of their contracts & the salary of the 4th that will take over. What kind of dumb *** sense does that make?!?!

Milan's real problem lies with owner Silvio Berlusconi & Galliani... They've made some awful decisions (especially in the transfer market) that have doomed the club & the financial structure they created for the team has helped doom the club also.

The 2 candidates rumored to take over should Inzaghi get fired are asst coach Mauro Tassotti & ex Roma manager Luciano Spalletti.

Despite whomever they hire, there is no hope for this club any time soon whereas Inter are taking baby steps in getting better.

Last edited:
ac milan is a wasteland at this moment and saying that makes me so sad. such a legendary club and its comeplete ****e right now

2nd most champion's league trophies after Real Madrid right? The world of soccer is better when both Milan teams are good

^ Yup... If memory serves correctly, Madrid with 10, Milan with 7, Liverpool 5 & Barca & Bayern each with 4.

It's not just AC Milan. Serie A needs that A-rab/Russian money. I think that there are some rules preventing foreign ownership or something along those lines. But sooner or later they will have to make up their mind and decide whether they want to compete with Real/Barca/Bayern/best of the Premiership or if they want to keep their pride but keep sinking into mediocrity.

It's too bad because there are still plenty of fans of Serie A teams left from the days when it was the greatest league in football (seems surreal that such a time existed these days), but they won't last forever. They have fans in exotic places such as Asia, and Eurasia. And they're the only league that could compete with the Premiership in terms of depth: Juve, AC, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Napoli and Fiorentina all have wide appeal, whereas in Spain it's always the big two and maybe Atletico and in Germany it's all about Bayern, Dortmund and uh, Schalke?

Last edited:
^ :lol: Beans...

Speaking of United Fans (& Madridistas too), here's Scout Nation's vid on Athletic CB Aymeric Laporte. Athletic is a club that won't sell for less than what they want which is £31m.

Although Marcelo Bielsa loved the young Frenchman during his time at Athletic, I'm not sure if United should pin all their defensive hopes in this young center back. He is great at passing/playing the ball from the center defense which is something United needs.

The worse thing Serie A needs is Arab money or some oligarch. They need to rebuild their youth infrastructure & each of the teams need to get their finances in order. Too many of the club executives are living off past glory & making horrible decisions.

Foreign ownership is killing English football as a culture IMO & it doesn't look like it will recover anytime soon with the lost leadership the FC has.

I really hope this happens...
View media item 1371135

Sometimes it boggles my mind how United works. Why don't they just fly over with Herrera, deposit into his account, have him activate his release clause, and move on.

Why sit and think about preparing a bid to maybe put in sometime hopefully ideally before the TW closes?

Hell, any decent rated defender who's available right now should just be snapped up.

Sometimes it boggles my mind how United works. Why don't they just fly over with Herrera, deposit into his account, have him activate his release clause, and move on.

Why sit and think about preparing a bid to maybe put in sometime hopefully ideally before the TW closes?

Hell, any decent rated defender who's available right now should just be snapped up.
come on eiddy it's Bilbao. Just because we have the money to sign them, doesn't mean they are just going to let him go. Look at how long the Herrera situation dragged out, almost a year until the guy had to publicly declare he wanted to transfer and had to pay his own buyout causing tax and legal problems for him. They don't cooperate, they humiliate their outgoing players by making them look like traitors, and they will not let anybody leave without a fight to prove they have a bigger d***. Javi Martinez is another example. We probably get him in the summer, but in three days nearly impossible. 

I really hope this happens...

Why sit and think about preparing a bid to maybe put in sometime hopefully ideally before the WT closes?

Word I don't know why they're always so coy when they have the funds in place to spend big most of the time 
mean.gif
. According to a few credible sources around, they should've already wrapped up signing Dragovich or made an offer for Nat Clyne by now but still no official word. If they really do make it through the month with Valdez being the only signing... 
indifferent.gif

Huh... Hull have higher revenues than Valencia yet they were in the 4th tier of English football in 2001 while Valencia lost to Bayern in thhe CL final... The contrast in the 2 clubs today is even pretty drastic (with Los Che being the better club by miles). :rolleyes

#DeloitteList

Last edited:

come on eiddy it's Bilbao. Just because we have the money to sign them, doesn't mean they are just going to let him go. Look at how long the Herrera situation dragged out, almost a year until the guy had to publicly declare he wanted to transfer and had to pay his own buyout causing tax and legal problems for him. They don't cooperate, they humiliate their outgoing players by making them look like traitors, and they will not let anybody leave without a fight to prove they have a bigger d***. Javi Martinez is another example. We probably get him in the summer, but in three days nearly impossible. 

I'm VERY aware of how Bilbao does business. It's not as simple as 1-2-3. But surely they could find out if he really wants to leave. If he does, then do what it takes. Woody should land in the middle of the San Mames in a damn chopper. My point is, do what it takes. There isn't any time left to be playing games, I'm just thinking of the reason of the season with Jones and Evans, :smh: Lord help us.

If Laporte was really an option, then why didn't they identify him and start putting in work at the beginning of the TW? I've heard the murmuring of Laporte for weeks now. At this stage, the clause should have been paid to the player, and the haggling should be taking place with Bilbao trying to show they have the bigger d*** as you put it.

Last edited:
No surprise here..

BREAKING: Fans to be banned from appearing live on Sky Sports on transfer deadline day after interruptions last year. (Telegraph)

I knew this would happen after the dildos hitting reporters faces and FHRITP were going crazy.

Juventus' Andrea Pirlo: I cannot see Paul Pogba returning to Man United

Andrea Pirlo has told Manchester United to forget about ever re-signing his Juventus teammate Paul Pogba.

Pirlo, 35, believes that United only have themselves to blame for overlooking Pogba during his time at Old Trafford, when Sir Alex Ferguson did not grant him a single start before the midfielder left for the Bianconeri in 2012.

United have scouted the 21-year-old, who has also been linked with Real Madrid, during his three seasons in Turin.

But Italy international Pirlo feels they will pay the price for not affording the France midfielder enough opportunities during his two seasons in England.

"For whatever reasons they chose not to give him a chance and that is a mistake they will have to live with now," Pirlo told French television show Telefoot, according to the Daily Mail. "I can't see that he will ever return to Manchester United."

Pogba only made seven substitute appearances for United but has gone on to become a key part of the Juventus and France teams, winning back-to-back Serie A titles and the award for the best young player in last summer's World Cup.

"When he first joined us in training at Juventus we knew there was something about him -- and in just two years he has become one of the best players in the world," Pirlo added.

"Of course he is going to have options -- he knows that. You can't play at the level he is and not attract attention but he also knows that at Juventus he is already at one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

"I have spoken with him, and told him if he carries on working hard and makes the right decisions there is no limit to what he can achieve."

Pogba has scored four goals in his last four games and was on the 23-man shortlist for the Ballon d'Or last year.

Bianconeri fans have been boosted by Pogba's agent Mino Raiola confirming that the 21-year-old won't be making a winter exit despite persistent rumours to the contrary.

Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri has tipped Pogba to become the greatest player on the planet following his fine recent form, but suggested the midfielder could be sold in the summer.

The God has spoken so the English tabloids need to just stop throwing it out there. Can't just write these things to get United fans hyped, it's cruel.

Last edited:
Don't know which United fans in their right mind that actually expect Pogba back 
laugh.gif
. He's most likely gonna end up in Madrid sometime within the next 2 years 

Last edited:
Don't know which United fans in their right mind that actually expect Pogba back :lol: . He's most likely gonna end up in Madrid sometime within the next 2 years 

Rumors and articles have been put out there, plenty. Shotty journalism. Even seen a couple posted in here.

I called Madrid back in the Summer many others called PSG, props to me :smokin

But yea, he'll be there as soon as this summer I think. Real can't allow the chance for Barcelona to sign him, Barca can't make any transfer so Real will go hard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom