Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
absolutely gutted for Bojan 
tired.gif

Funny thing is I always hear some United fans go "no player is bigger than the club" when it comes to Pogba...as if he's the wrong one in the situation. Not referring to this thread, just comments from some I talk to.

However, there is no point living in the past.

Too many people forget that Pogba was just a teenager. Sure the straw that broke the camels back was when SAF played some cup match and played two players out of position instead of him.

But the truth is, he was just a teenager that showed A LOT of promise, and there have been plenty of youth players that have shown a lot of promise that never reached Pogba's level. He could have easily not reached the level that he plays at today.

Imagine if SAF gave into Pogba's demands, and how the can of worms that could have opened because other youth players that showed promise (who have no guarantee of playing at Pogba's level) start to make demands.

In the situation, SAF made the right move, unfortunately in this game, you win some you lose some....
I understand and it's a very good point but then again I don't think asking for a chance to prove yourself is that big of a demand but I'm big on playing young players to see what they got, whether its soccer, b-ball, whatever...

Oh I here the same stupid thing. A bunch of ManU fans I know, blame Progba for leaving. Saying Fergie did the right thing by letting him go.

there was talk of him making the decision to leave well before being looked over.. ironically we played him the most when the pre contract with juve was signed lol

EVERY manager misses out on players.. not like SAF struggled to keep winning trophies after her left

Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry [emoji]169[/emoji], Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa

Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ake, Ramires, Remy and Drogba

No Andre on the bench....that man is gone, has to be.

Too many people forget that Pogba was just a teenager. Sure the straw that broke the camels back was when SAF played some cup match and played two players out of position instead of him.

But the truth is, he was just a teenager that showed A LOT of promise, and there have been plenty of youth players that have shown a lot of promise that never reached Pogba's level. He could have easily not reached the level that he plays at today.

Imagine if SAF gave into Pogba's demands, and how the can of worms that could have opened because other youth players that showed promise (who have no guarantee of playing at Pogba's level) start to make demands.

In the situation, SAF made the right move, unfortunately in this game, you win some you lose some....

A couple games couldn't have hurt tho, he had to be showing something special in practice at United because the minute Juventus played him some games he hit the ground running and ended up in the starting XI, on a team that has more than enough world class midfielders.

Like MSG said, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Last edited:

A couple games couldn't have hurt tho, he had to be showing something special in practice at United because the minute Juventus played him some games he hit the ground running and ended up in the starting XI, on a team that has more than enough world class midfielders.

Like MSG said, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

I genuinely believe that no player should be stomping his feet and voicing his opinion that he should be in the starting XI. That's the managers & coaches job. The players job is to make the best of their minutes, and impress in practice. No player should be calling the shots/making demands, especially if they're not Ronaldo/Messi level.

Pogba was a great talent, and could have been fantastic right now, but SAF made a decision, and as it's been said here before, it's not like he didn't win trophies when Pogba left.

I genuinely believe that no player should be stomping his feet and voicing his opinion that he should be in the starting XI. That's the managers & coaches job. The players job is to make the best of their minutes, and impress in practice. No player should be calling the shots/making demands, especially if they're not Ronaldo/Messi level.

Pogba was a great talent, and could have been fantastic right now, but SAF made a decision, and as it's been said here before, it's not like he didn't win trophies when Pogba left.

Could have been winning them now tho..

I think both Pogba & Fergie showed a lot of arrogance from what I read, but Pogba was a kid.

Could have been winning them now tho..

I think both Pogba & Fergie showed a lot of arrogance from what I read, but Pogba was a kid.

Sure, a lot of arrogance. Can you blame them? One was a kid, and the other was the most successful manager in English (probably in the world) football.

The problem with the Pogba situation is that you're judging it from hindsight. Hindsight is always 20/20. Easy to say "could have been winning", but who knows, Pogba very well could have turned into a Bojan.

Sure, a lot of arrogance. Can you blame them? One was a kid, and the other was the most successful manager in English (probably in the world) football.

The problem with the Pogba situation is that you're judging it from hindsight. Hindsight is always 20/20. Easy to say "could have been winning", but who knows, Pogba very well could have turned into a Bojan.

There is no ****** way Pogba would have turned into Bojan, stop. :lol:

My issue is Fergie never gave him a shot, so Fergie never really figured him out. That's a problem. Forget about hindsight, if he knew Pogba was about to leave, why the hell not just give him a chance to see if he's worth it? Play him in position in a FA cup game or one of those other English cups they like to play so much.

I'll tell you one thing tho, if Pogba stayed United never would have spent the money on those ridiculous signings of Mata & Fellanini :lol:

Glad Skrtel wasn't accessed a penalty on Costa...

:lol: @ Skrtel standing over Costa yelling at him to get the **** up...

Hazard looks like he could be a couple of smorgasbords away from being chubby like me...

Last edited:

There is no ****** way Pogba would have turned into Bojan, stop. :lol:

My issue is Fergie never gave him a shot, so Fergie never really figured him out. That's a problem. Forget about hindsight, if he knew Pogba was about to leave, why the hell not just give him a chance to see if he's worth it? Play him in position in a FA cup game or one of those other English cups they like to play so much.

I'll tell you one thing tho, if Pogba stayed United never would have spent the money on those ridiculous signings of Mata & Fellanini :lol:

A few years ago, people said Bojan would have never turned into Bojan.

These things happen my man.

The only reason you're speaking in such absolutes is because he's performing well now, and that's easy to do.

"On 19 September, he was named to the first team to participate in their Football League Cup tie against Leeds United the following day..." "..Pogba appeared as a half-time substitute to make his professional debut as Manchester United won the match 3–0."

"Pogba made his second appearance against Aldershot Town in the Fourth Round of the League Cup on 25 October 2011"

"Pogba made his Premier League debut against Stoke City on 31 January 2012, replacing Javier Hernández in the 72nd minute."

"He made another substitute appearance against West Bromwich Albion on 11 March"

"Four days later, he made his European debut in the second leg of the team's UEFA Europa League round of 16 tie against Spanish club Athletic Bilbao; he appeared as a substitute in the 2–1 away defeat, coming on for Michael Carrick in the 63rd minute as Manchester United lost the tie 5–3 on aggregate"

3-Lung Park, Carrick, Scholes, Fletch were playing in his position at the time. I wouldn't have dropped any of those players with the form they were in that year, for some 16 year old with promise.

I too would have loved to see Pogba flourish. I used to dream of a world were Blackett, and Pogba (Young & Nani) would lead the black revolution at United, but the fact is, there was no guarantee he would have been who he is today. A judgement call was made...

Last edited:
Costa could/should have been sent off and earned a penalty in that half. He's never not entertaining.

Zouma struggling a bit. He saved his own *** on one mistake, Courtois bailed him out on another.

Back
Top Bottom