⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Gents,

Traveling with my lady to San Fran this weekend and need a good recommendation for a bar to watch the Clasico in SF. On Saturday i'll be heading to a Gooner bar (Maggie McGarry's) to watch the Newcastle game, but figured there would be a better recommendation for the clasico. Any help is kindly appreciated.

McTeague's and The Kezar Pub are the one's my boys usually take me to to catch footy when I'm in the city.

You should be good with either one really

Seedorf should stay the hell away from Milan
laugh.gif
,no way would I return to them less than a year after already being sacked. They must really be desperate
laugh.gif
I wouldnt want to return if essien and muntari are still on the squad, i would rather watch the youngsters of milan primavera than see muntari try to make a wonder goal every match

McTeague's and The Kezar Pub are the one's my boys usually take me to to catch footy when I'm in the city.

You should be good with either one really
Thanks man! Will look into both.

After the Clasico i'm headed to Sac-town as my girl has fam there, and we're hitting up the Wiz-kings game (i'm a wiz fan from the DC Area as well)... Great comeback win against em on Saturday night, even though boogie went off... 

I hope NYCFC gets their own stadium in Queens. A soccer pitch looks so weird in Yankee Staudium. I will check 'em out when I fly back home. Mos Def :pimp:

Next to Yankee stadium is the current plan.

Queens passed on the Flushing plan.

Congrats to your boy, @OsacrDaGrouchLA.

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi , pepper your angus for Sunday's Clasico. Not that RM's recent form has given me anything to be confident about at the Nou Camp. Leaky defense galore. Plans everyone?

Coupé It Coupé It , I picked Basel over your beloved Porto. I thought they had a (better) chance of advancing by protecting against the away goal and keeping a clean sheet at St. Jakob-Park. 1-0 result would have been fine, 2-0 hopeful. Swiss side got simply outclassed on Porto's home ground.

Also was pulling for Shakhtar deep down inside. I'd call it a puncher's chance at an upset, but that's not even believable. That early red and pen spelled doom for the Ukrainian club.

Haven't been posting because I was in AC. Played two final tables, at Harrah's ($2.5K GTD) and Bally's ($1K GTD). Borgata next.

Two final tables? Tourney style? Wow bro, good for you. What was the top prize?

Gents,
Traveling with my lady to San Fran this weekend and need a good recommendation for a bar to watch the Clasico in SF. On Saturday i'll be heading to a Gooner bar (Maggie McGarry's) to watch the Newcastle game, but figured there would be a better recommendation for the clasico. Any help is kindly appreciated.

Is recommend getting there early on Saturday Maggie McGarry's usually fills up pretty quick.

Last edited:
Damn, there's a lot of venom in the Madrid press aimed at Ronaldo & Bale... Not sure who's getting it worse right not.

Ronaldo allegedly telling the whistling Bernabeu crowd to Fodanse which apparently means to eff off...

]

I guess Ronaldo thought the second goal vs Levante was his & he got upset when the announcer said it was Bale's.

Last edited:
Tourney style? What was the top prize?
Yes, sir. I'm mostly a cash game player, but my buddy (who had the comps) prefers tournaments. Harrah's was a Wednesday night tournament (8:15 PM), 43-player field. I don't know the payout because they cut the $2,500 among seven players. Busted in 10th place with a stone cold bluff. Flop showed A/A/2. Shoved from the big blind (6K/12K at that point) with about 85K in chips left. Holding 5/10 suited with only one diamond on the board, heavily representing the set of aces. Other player called with pocket 9's.

Bally's was a Thursday afternoon tournament (3 PM). Turbo, placed fifth out of 28 players. We only played because of getting snowed in for another night, no buses running back to NYC. First paid out close to $500. I shoved with A/9, again from the big blind, with a board of A/2/4. Ran into the other player holding A/2 for two-pair.

Yes, sir. I'm mostly a cash game player, but my buddy (who had the comps) prefers tournaments. Harrah's was a Wednesday night tournament (8:15 PM), 43-player field. I don't know the payout because they cut the $2,500 among seven players. Busted in 10th place with a stone cold bluff. Flop showed A/A/2. Shoved from the big blind (6K/12K at that point) with about 85K in chips left. Holding 5/10 suited with only one diamond on the board, heavily representing the set of aces. Other player called with pocket 9's.

Bally's was a Thursday afternoon tournament (3 PM). Turbo, placed fifth out of 28 players. We only played because of getting snowed in for another night, no buses running back to NYC. First paid out close to $500. I shoved with A/9, again from the big blind, with a board of A/2/4. Ran into the other player holding A/2 for two-pair.

Yea I never played a tourney, just cash game (we've discussed this before about the cash games). Tourney to me a whole different game, but who knows maybe one of these days. I was at Mohegan two weeks ago, got a nice cash out of $550. Lot of donkeys playing there. They don't have tourneys there tho.

NYCFC need to ditch Man Citeh unis although i know its a matter of branding on Citeh's side. They need to go with the NY colors, orange and blue!!!!

Steven Gerrard, Sturridge, Raheem Sterling, & Henderson sound so much better coming from Spanish speaking annnouncers... Seriously...

Last edited:
Tourney to me a whole different game, but who knows maybe one of these days. I was at Mohegan two weeks ago, got a nice cash out of $550. Lot of donkeys playing there.
Turbo tournaments so the blinds are raised every 15 minutes at Bally's and 20 minutes at Harrah's. You don't see as much post-flop action because players are constantly raising or shoving pre-flop once the blinds reach a certain point.

Passed on an opportunity to visit and play at Mohegan Sun's poker room after the "Rampage" vs. M'Pumbu fight.

Speaking of donkeys, the player that busted me at Bally's was playing in his first tournament. Knocked out an old guy with 3/5 suited against A/J off, hit his flush on the river. Busted my buddy who had top pair K/10 post-flop, the donkey in question called with 9/2 off and hit a set of twos on the turn chasing. This happened on multiple occasions, dude was running hot and calling anything suited. Connectors or not.

Wow I have not kept up with Serie A. Lazio is a point behind Roma :x

Juve got this in the bag. Roma is not taking second or third next season. All the Serie A teams on that comeback

Back
Top Bottom