🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Long time lurker here, but I actually have something to share.

I want to thank KB24 for the initial heads up on posting the Powershares schedule way back in December. My wife and I signed up for the hit with the pros package soon after KB posted the schedule. We were on the court with Andre and James Blake. There were 20 people in the session. We did some doubles points. First we rallied from the baseline. Next we tried to pass the pros while they were at the net. Then we rushed the net while they hit passing shots. Finally we returned their serves.

They took it easy on us for the most part. You could ask them to hit a real first serve at you during the last drill. I got one from Blake. I put a racquet on it but hit it out.

I was able to get these signed after the sessionView media item 1460457
Here is the convo Andre and I had when he signed the shoes:

AA: "Are those originals or retros?"
Econman: "They're retros from 2006. I had the originals when I was a teenager."
AA: "So did I."

I also brought Courier's shoes for his signature. But, they didn't survive the flight.View media item 1460461
I was bummed because I wanted to see his reaction from seeing shoes from 1993. But, I didn't want to bring crumbled shoes to the event. My wife was able to get Courier to sign a tennis ball.

All in all it was a fun evening. We had front row seats for the event. It is amazing how hard and clean all of the pros hit the ball.

I read somewhere online that Andre broke several strings at the match which might go with my theory that he played with the Pog. I'm guessing he only traveled with a few of them. So far not many pics have surfaced or they are too blurry. I heard Andre had to use Mark's racquet after several strings broke.

View media item 1460471

Last edited:
Long time lurker here, but I actually have something to share.

I want to thank KB24 for the initial heads up on posting the Powershares schedule way back in December. My wife and I signed up for the hit with the pros package soon after KB posted the schedule. We were on the court with Andre and James Blake. There were 20 people in the session. We did some doubles points. First we rallied from the baseline. Next we tried to pass the pros while they were at the net. Then we rushed the net while they hit passing shots. Finally we returned their serves.

They took it easy on us for the most part. You could ask them to hit a real first serve at you during the last drill. I got one from Blake. I put a racquet on it but hit it out.

I was able to get these signed after the sessionView media item 1460457
Here is the convo Andre and I had when he signed the shoes:

AA: "Are those originals or retros?"
Econman: "They're retros from 2006. I had the originals when I was a teenager."
AA: "So did I."

I also brought Courier's shoes for his signature. But, they didn't survive the flight.View media item 1460461
I was bummed because I wanted to see his reaction from seeing shoes from 1993. But, I didn't want to bring crumbled shoes to the event. My wife was able to get Courier to sign a tennis ball.

All in all it was a fun evening. We had front row seats for the event. It is amazing how hard and clean all of the pros hit the ball.

Very cool and awesome experience! Great pic of the autographed shoes! They were retroed in 08 not 06 but good for you for getting the more true lava color signed. Andre is nicest athlete of all time. All class. Very funny how he said he had them as a teenager :D Post some pics if you can.

Last edited:
@Econman  Great story... what an experience... and congrats on getting your ATC2's auto'd!!!  Wow.

POG indeed!!! 
eek.gif

CA6syeXW4AAFlg9.jpg:large

Wow, that's surprising. Thought he's be using the new line of POGs. The same specs, I think, those Tours have been around for a while now.

Wow, so he broke the strings on all 3 of his racquets?!  Interesting to see where he broke them and what setup he was using (if it was all poly).

laugh.gif

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-tennis-event-at-Huntsman-Center.html?pg=all
In the final, Agassi broke the strings on the last of the rackets he brought, so in the middle of the 11th game with the score tied 5-5, Agassi walked over and grabbed a racket out of Philippoussis’ bag to finish the match much to the delight of the crowd.

“The scariest thought I had was ‘Oh my gosh this guy’s going to beat me with my own racket,’’’ Philippoussis said afterward. But in the end, Philippoussis’ rocket serves were too much for Agassi.

Much better on the III's. Still need to see pics of the line to see how it looks but I'm in on them! Nice touch with the clear sole.

Last edited:
One thing's for sure, the shade of volt/lime/whatever is a helluva lot closer to being correct than the last set. I actually like all 3 of those.

Peace,
J

Back
Top Bottom