🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

I never got around to showing you guys the new pickup but let me tell you all that these are easily one of my most favorite shoes of all time!! I'm so happy to finally have these in hand for such a great deal. Might just need to find a 2nd pair if I see another in my size
pimp.gif
Nice bro, essential pair, these can take a minute to track down

I never got around to showing you guys the new pickup but let me tell you all that these are easily one of my most favorite shoes of all time!! I'm so happy to finally have these in hand for such a great deal. Might just need to find a 2nd pair if I see another in my size :pimp:
Congrats! Took me a while to find my pair, these are now firmly in the "Shoes I will never, ever sell" club.

thanks bro! 
pimp.gif

Congrats! Took me a while to find my pair, these are now firmly in the "Shoes I will never, ever sell" club.
thanks! these are my grails!
Same leather as the Wimbledon 1 isn't it?
yeah i believe so. those are next on my list if i can track down a pair in my size. i keep seeing a DS size 11 on eBay but dude is asking near $900 for them, just crazy 

I never got around to showing you guys the new pickup but let me tell you all that these are easily one of my most favorite shoes of all time!! I'm so happy to finally have these in hand for such a great deal. Might just need to find a 2nd pair if I see another in my size
pimp.gif
'grats.  These are my favorite recent ATC 2 release.  What everyone is saying about the leather is an UNDERSTATEMENT.  Nice soft comfortable leather.  Best quality I've seen from Nike retro in a LONG time.  Very impressed.

Never really thought about Nike making retros of the LE colorways. I would snap them up for sure.

Have any of you been following the Doug Adler / ESPN drama?  Basically ESPN crumbled to Social Media pressure when Adler made a reference to "Guerrilla Tennis" during a Venus WIlliams match.  Social media erupted and claimed he said "Gorilla Tennis" without understanding the playing style reference.  ESPN fired him.  Just wow.

In any case, this is Guerrilla Tennis!

Last edited:
Best commercial ever !

ABSO-FREAKING-LOUTLY!!!! [emoji]127934[/emoji][emoji]127934[/emoji][emoji]127934[/emoji] And reps to druhezzy for posting the long version!!! I still remember the 1st time it aired. I had & played in the same outfit! Loved the color and pattern of those shorts!! I just never wore a long sleeve under the polo. Man, we NEED a retro of the LWP's BADLY!!! Just glad my pair is still wearable.

Commercials aren't like this any more.

Last edited:
Great commercial, but come on. He definitely should have considered his choice of words before he said that. No reason to be *****rdly with the vocab when there are so many words to choose from.

^haha see I can't even type *****rdly and it isn't related to the racist slur at all.

Great commercial, but come on. He definitely should have considered his choice of words before he said that. No reason to be *****rdly with the vocab when there are so many words to choose from.

^haha see I can't even type *****rdly and it isn't related to the racist slur at all.

While he could have just said "aggressive tennis" I think his reference was not inappropriate given the sport setting. Ever since everyone's opinions on FB/TWTR can go 0 to 100 instantly and on a global scale, people are quick to overplay the R-card. But yes, I'm sure many younger, more socially influenced tennis viewers may not understand the "Guerrilla Tennis" reference to either style-of-play or the legendary Nike commercial.

Just my take.

Last edited:
While he could have just said "aggressive tennis" I think his reference was not inappropriate given the sport setting. Ever since everyone's opinions on FB/TWTR can go 0 to 100 instantly and on a global scale, people are quick to overplay the R-card. But yes, I'm sure many younger, more socially influenced tennis viewers may not understand the "Guerilla Tennis" reference to either style-of-play or the legendary Nike commercial.

Just my take.

I agree 100%. He made a correct assertion, and it shouldn't be taken the wrong way, but knowing that it could/would be....it was a bad move. IMO not worth getting fired over especially after the apology/explanation, but I understand how people would be confused and i think he should have had the foresight to avoid it altogether.

Back
Top Bottom