🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Again? Thugger sold almost 40k in a week off of a free MIXTAPE, with low overhead and budget.

Kevin gates used the same formula with his mixtapes, and sold 25k first week with both of them before going on to sell 100k when his official ALBUM released.

People are having a hard time grasping new ways to finesse the industry.

Naw people just keep trying to spin flops into a win

Last edited:
Again? Thugger sold almost 40k in a week off of a free MIXTAPE, with low overhead and budget.

Kevin gates used the same formula with his mixtapes, and sold 25k first week with both of them before going on to sell 100k when his official ALBUM released.

People are having a hard time grasping new ways to finesse the industry.

Thug's debut got the same reaction commercially. He's been out for a minute lets not excuse those sales. Budget doesn't really mean much dude has a following. He's under performing given all his hype.

In the past Rico has praise Young Jesus for keeping it street.

And said compared Drake music was destructive to people, and compared it to crack cocaine to drive home that point

Due is either coming for DC's crown s master troll, or straight up delusional

You gonna follow me from thread to thread now? Who's really the troll?

Last edited:
Thug's debut got the same reaction commercially. He's been out for a minute lets not excuse those sales. Budget doesn't really mean much dude has a following. He's under performing given all his hype.

He still hasn't dropped a commercial debut album.

Everything he's dropped has been mixtapes. You can stream them for free on soundcloud etc :lol:

He's stopped 3 projects in a 6 month period. Over 100k in sales from FREE MIXTAPES.

Thug is monetizing free music....it looks like an L, but it's really a low key W business wise.

The cost for those "free mixtapes" have the same cost as albums. Videos, Producers, engineers and everyone who works on it still has to get paid. His "free mixtapes" are commercial his albums, you think Lyor setup a live streaming session for a mixtape?

Last edited:

Everything he's dropped has been mixtapes. You can stream them for free on soundcloud etc :lol:

He's stopped 3 projects in a 6 month period. Over 100k in sales from FREE MIXTAPES.

Thug is monetizing free music....it looks like an L, but it's really a low key W business wise.

I doubt dude is really content selling such low numbers. Maybe he's cool with just dropping mixtapes. Your right he's making money so he's still winning in that sense but numbers don't lie.

The cost for those "free mixtapes" have the same cost as albums. Videos, Producers, engineers and everyone who works on it still has to get paid. His "free mixtapes" are commercial his albums, you think Lyor setup a live streaming session for a mixtape?

They aren't the same.

The promotion isn't the same. Thug promotes the sht a week before the album releases mainly on IG. The producers take placement over checks. No samples and clearance. No official singles brought to billboard. Lower budget for videos etc. The money and promotion that goes into it is significantly less than an official album released soley for retail. Most of the money goes to features.

And thug SS3 for example, wish also sold close to 40K, and was released at the end of March 2016....had the "high paid features" of the likes of:

Yak Gotti
MPA Duke
Pewee Roscoe

:rofl:

This. I'm guessing he does a lot in house production which doesn't require a lot from the label. I remember Lyor telling him to stop doing mixtapes. Were not asking dude to have a Frank Ocean type debut with 200k, I'm just saying why cant he come close to Gates? Mixtape or not he should be selling over 50k at least.

This. I'm guessing he does a lot in house production which doesn't require a lot from the label. I remember Lyor telling him to stop doing mixtapes. Were not asking dude to have a Frank Ocean type debut with 200k, I'm just saying why cant he come close to Gates? Mixtape or not he should be selling over 50k at least.

Kevin Gates in on Atlantic. Thug is using the model he used previously.

By an means necessary sold: 17k first week
Luca Brasi 2 sold: 26k first week

Islah (Album) 100k first week

Murder for hire 2 (Released after Islah as a mixtape) sold 27k first week

And I don't believe Kevin gates numbers.....but if Thug and them are using his formula, he can expect to have a similar debut when he actually releases his real album.

Enough about Thug and Gates. That Child's play video was wack.

Tyra Banks still got it though :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:

It's a W for Lyor and that label. If Thug was independent this would be smart.

Thug has had enough popular singles to drop a real album. He's been mismanaged. People can't sit back and say Thug is poppin, but then say he's not ready to officially drop. He's been on scene for 3 years now. Getting co-signs from everybody. Travis Scott done dropped 2 albums in that time.

At the end of the day I wouldn't expect Drake stans to understand real rap.

Sophomore album dropping Feb. 2017.

The movement continues.

And shout out to A.Boogie...he next up.

Back
Top Bottom