🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Saw Drake last night in DC at the Verizon Center

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

the set and screen were really nice

i had some really good seats too

he literally did EVERY song from NWTS (including every bonus track) EXCEPT MY FAVORITE SONG "Too Much"

i was devastated. :lol: great show though nonetheless

I know 40 his man but like I said before drake should not have listened when he told him keep the album to 13 tracks, Heat of the moment and Trophies sound like they would have put the finishing touches on a even greater album

Oncoming rift in the YMCMB camp?

He has two more albums left on his contract with Cash Money.

It's not okay to do an album without putting Young Money on it? :stoneface:

Detail and Birdman was close enough, I didn't need a Tyga and Gudda Gudda feature on NWTS.

Doubt that any rift will really stem from this though.

So Detail and Birdman ain't YMCMB?

The rest of YM is trash, you wanted him to give Austin Mahone a hook? A Tyga struggle rack city remake? Wayne spitting a verse about how much he loves vagina and can't trust ******? Nicki spitting about trying to reclaim credibility as an artist?

Come on man, he's trying to atleast be the only artist of historic relevance on the label, the rest are making microwave music.

i was actually happy when i didn't see any wayne, nicki, or tyga features :nerd: :lol:

detail was good on 305 to my city & birdman's **** talking on the language >>>

those features plus the ones outside of YMCMB were enough for the album, imo.

He has two more albums left on his contract with Cash Money.

He has OVOSound, it only makes sense to leave YM and do his own thing. Even though YM and OVO are mutually exclusive, why would you want to sign to a rapper who's signed to another rapper? 50 Cent gave a good example about the dudes in G-Unit trying to sign their own rappers, but they felt uneasy because 50 was still the boss at the end of the day. Same thing goes for Drake, he shouldn't want to be taking orders from Wayne in front of his artists.

Shoulda threw Wayne on one of the bangers *kanyeshrug

Only way I'd want Wayne anywhere near NWTS is if he would've had Drake drop another TML-esque album instead of what NWTS ended up being.

YM was great for Drake early in his career, the Wayne co-sign in 09 was as big of a look as he could get but it's 2013. He's made Wayne and Bird A LOT of money, he's his own brand now though and all of his work should come through OVO IMO. Idk how many more albums he's signed to YM for though.

Drake doesn't need Young Money, he's a brand by himself.
Come on man, he's trying to atleast be the only artist of historic relevance on the label, the rest are making microwave music.
YM was great for Drake early in his career, the Wayne co-sign in 09 was as big of a look as he could get but it's 2013. He's made Wayne and Bird A LOT of money, he's his own brand now though and all of his work should come through OVO IMO. Idk how many more albums he's signed to YM for though.
THESE

Drakes not the most popular dude in the industry.. him leaving YM he would be branded as disloyal forever. How much times has he gone and stage and declared he never will leave YM and how much times has he told that story of Wayne flying him out. Not exactly the same but Kanye doesnt need Hov but thats his guy.

Drakes not the most popular dude in the industry..
Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

Always funny to hear people saying he should leave YM :lol:

Literally there is no better situation for Drake right now. It's almost as if he's only on YM via technicality. His boss, Lil Wayne doesn't even listen to his album until it's on the shelves. He has unlimited creative freedom. He does what he wants. I mean, why should he leave YM :lol: ?

And if we're being honest, why would anyone on YM be on NWTS? Musically, they bring nothing to the table that Drake can't bring himself. He's already the most popular artist in Hip-Hop, so from that stand point there's no benefit to collaborate with anyone else on the label. Glad to see that there were no forced features on the album for the sake of YM Loyalty. The fact that he re-upped and put this album out through YM says a lot about his loyalty in it of itself.

Jay-Z or Kanye are the most POPULAR dudes in the industry.

but for the sake of this argument Drake is up there and it was unnecessary for dude to say that

because it doesn't really matter if he's the MOST popular. i think @Cronicmolemolereturns is

over playing the loyalty thing. 1. the non-urban portion of Drake's fanbase do not care at ALL

about him staying on YM. 2. only a few of the urban ones care and that's even pushing it.

Jay-Z or Kanye are the most POPULAR dudes in the industry.

but for the sake of this argument Drake is up there and it was unnecessary for dude to say that

because it doesn't really matter if he's the MOST popular. i think @Cronicmolemolereturns is

over playing the loyalty thing. 1. the non-urban portion of Drake's fanbase do not care at ALL

about him staying on YM. 2. only a few of the urban ones care and that's even pushing it.

When I say not the most popular person in the industry I meant amongstt his fellow rappers.

Back
Top Bottom