🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

The second half of Know Yourself...
mean.gif

But Big Sean better than all the ****** y'all arguing about anyway so whatever.

But at least Drake has one good retail album. Big Sean is 0-2 and I will bet money he goes 0-3. His best album was "Detroit" and he gave that **** away for free :rofl:

Its weird to see huge Kanye Fans downplay drake lol.
They have a lot in common.

There's probably thousands of rappers better than Jay but he's considered the GOAT by many because he's possesses the all around skills not just lyric ability.

Lupe has one of the greatest lyrical ability but that doesnt make him the best all around rapper.

To me drake is the best all around rapper of this generation .Kendrick/Cole might be better lyrically but don't possess everything + Drake can rap his off to me .

Drake = Jay, Kendrick = Em , Cole = Nas

Everybody has their own favorite ....

Tape is [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] though

But at least Drake has one good retail album. Big Sean is 0-2 and I will bet money he goes 0-3. His best album was "Detroit" and he gave that **** away for free :rofl:

Sikeeeeeee. HoF Criminally underrated. Can't nobody tell me Nothing Is Stopping You, World Ablaze, Beware, Fire, All Figured Out, Ashley, man that album is criminally underrated and I personally feel like that's the case because it didn't sell well. If It moved 300k first week people would have different opinions on the exact same body of work.

But if you feel like that body of work isn't good then whatever, that's your opinion which you have every right to have.

To me drake is the best all around rapper of this generation .Kendrick/Cole might be better lyrically but don't possess everything + Drake can rap his off to me .

Drake = Jay, Kendrick = Em , Cole = Nas

Tape is [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] though

And I guess that's where my opinion differs from most with Drake, and why I say he's an underrated rapper. He's every bit the rapper Cole and Kendrick are, although he's kind of regressed a bit since taking on this whole "6 God" persona / era.

Its weird to see huge Kanye Fans downplay drake lol.
They have a lot in common.

There's probably thousands of rappers better than Jay but he's considered the GOAT by many because he's possesses the all around skills not just lyric ability.

Lupe has one of the greatest lyrical ability but that doesnt make him the best all around rapper.

Drake = Jay, Kendrick = Em  Na
mean.gif
, Cole = Nas ahhhhh maybe but these average albums, he no where close to Nas

This but some typos

But most Kanye fans will never claim he's a great rapper. I love Kanye but wouldn't even put him in my top 20 rapping wise. I like him because sonically he is always bringing something new to his music, whether you like it or not, his production on all his albums has been very sonically different from the one before it. And his raps make me laugh. But I love Kanye for his production that his albums carry. It's always fresh and new and different from anything out there.

While a majority of these beats on the drake album are dope and go hard, a majority of them sound similar to each other/songs he's done before. Hell I get confused sometimes what song I'm listening to on tracks 2-5, they all sound super similar. Drake can rap, he makes good catchy songs, but he's been following the same formula for years and hasn't really brought much innovation to the sound of music.

And considering Drake bit Sean's style back in the day, nobody in here is allowed to say anything bad about Sean.

Last edited:
I mean I can see where people wouldn't like Big Sean, I'm partial because he's from Detroit and I love GOOD music. His new stuff has been a lot better, but I've had people hear him for the first time and think he sounded like Drake. They have had similar styles in the past.

Honestly u can't big up drake and downplay Sean. I like neither onebut Sean's earlier ff tapes were straight. Son used to spit some crazy **** back then but I wasn't feeling neither album and Detroit was ok.

Drake makes music for your car, the club, and twitter. Simple.

Big Sean is coming up. I want him to win tho... He's a great dude. And don't act like Kanye didn't USE to spit that fire. Them first two albums? Sheesh!

But then again listening to comeback season, and so far gone... Then going to where drake is now... lol

Drake makes music for your car, the club, and twitter. Simple.

Big Sean is coming up. I want him to win tho... He's a great dude. And don't act like Kanye didn't USE to spit that fire. Them first two albums? Sheesh!

But then again listening to comeback season, and so far gone... Then going to where drake is now... lol

Ye didn't even write his raps on those first two albums doe :nerd:

Drake has the crown. You just can't deny that.

Similar to how Jay had his run, Wayne had his, Drake is having his.  I say he took it around the Take Care times. Kendrick is behind him. It can be argued that Kendrick is better than Drake, but Drake is definitely running rap at the moment.

Crazy thing is that I don't think he's even peaked yet. Take Care was great, but it still had a lot of duds on it. I feel he can do better, and will.

Last edited:
- Big Sean has been spitting better lately. Not to the point he deserves to be mentioned like he's a heavyweight but I hear improvement even if the content is the same.

- Most rappers are repetitive, Including the lyrical ones. Most artists aren't innovative. Innovation can be overrated when the execution isn't right either. Drake's style has been effective so he's sticking with it.

this new joint he dropped got alot of replay value to be honest, Drake is at his stride right now. he's making quality music and it seems like he's getting better. he knows his craft and is perfecting it with each release. this is also better than his last album.

-

- Most rappers are repetitive, Including the lyrical ones. Most artists aren't innovative. Innovation can be overrated when the execution isn't right either. Drake's style has been effective so he's sticking with it.

I guess... even the production was repetitive. Not just the lyrics

But most Kanye fans will never claim he's a great rapper. I love Kanye but wouldn't even put him in my top 20 rapping wise. I like him because sonically he is always bringing something new to his music, whether you like it or not, his production on all his albums has been very sonically different from the one before it. And his raps make me laugh. But I love Kanye for his production that his albums carry. It's always fresh and new and different from anything out there.
If kanye doesn't write his own rhymes
Which we know he doesn't
And there's akways like 40 producers on a song credit
How is it that kanye gets the credit as bringing something new to the music
Idk I prefer his struggle bars
Than what he puts out now
That's just me though
Haven't bought a kanye album since graduation
Well I did buy watch the throne
That was trash too
Still have never heard mbdtf though
Don't think I'm a waste my time and try

Honestly the only song on here I dont mess with is the interlude, it just seems pointless and its not due to a lack of Drake on it, cause PND has been on two other songs I liked, it just feels out of place.

I've switched the song that I keep playing on a loop about six times already, its No Tellins turn right now.

I dont want to use this tape as a means to put down NWTS, TC, or what have you cause they are projects with three different intents. I love all three

Last edited:
Sean aint a hit maker, hes good for some clever punchlines here & there
I wouldn't say not but he isn't a "hit maker" the way drake is but he has a few I guess. But I mean from a rapping stand point their equals imo

Honestly u can't big up drake and downplay Sean. I like neither onebut Sean's earlier ff tapes were straight. Son used to spit some crazy **** back then but I wasn't feeling neither album and Detroit was ok.

Sean aint a hit maker, hes good for some clever punchlines here & there
Idk I never bought or downloaded anything from dude
I hear just the stuff from music videos and the radio
Dude seem ok to me
His features usually be dope to me
What I like though is dude just seem so humble and down to earth
And he always giving back to his city
I can appreciate that

If kanye doesn't write his own rhymes
Which we know he doesn't
And there's akways like 40 producers on a song credit
How is it that kanye gets the credit as bringing something new to the music
Idk I prefer his struggle bars
Than what he puts out now
That's just me though
Haven't bought a kanye album since graduation
Well I did buy watch the throne
That was trash too
Still have never heard mbdtf though
Don't think I'm a waste my time and try

You should check that out ASAP wayyy better than the dumpster juice kanye has been puttin out lately. MBDTF might be better than graduation idk. All his albums be so fire it's hard to choose

Back
Top Bottom