10 Cloverfield Lane Vol. Secret Cloverfield movie OUT NOW! Vol: Spoiler Warning

Crazy this comes out in a week yet all I'm seeing is BvS and CW commercials and they're both weeks and months away.

That's why I'm amped for this movie. While I have no problems with knowing everything I can about big movies, I like these little ones that slip under the radar. It's makes for a nice, welcomed surprised.

Enjoyed Cloverfield, but I was one of the victims of the "queasy-cam" it took me two times to make it through the film. :lol:

But whatever, I'll still peep this one.

I actually see a lot of commercials for this film and it is pretty much all the same trailer.

The village
The happening
Six sense
Devil
Take a pick
laugh.gif
The Visit
smokin.gif

Has anyone been following the viral marketing for this?
I recently got into it but last week, a guy claimed to have seen the movie and laid out the entire plot. Nobody believed him but since more and more people have seen the early screenings, they've confirmed that that plot is indeed true, which kind of disappoints me :smh: kind of killed the whole ARG for me.

Basically, there are no real ties to the first Cloverfield. Only some superficial, vague references. Also, the ending and "monster" is a bit disappointing, I'll spoil it further if anyone would like. Buuuuuut I'm still gonna see it >D

I clicked the spoiler but I'll leave it at that.
Yeah, I don't really care about spoilers, I'll read them for movies, shows, etc. But for this, I'd recommend going with an open mind, I definitely think I would have liked it more if I didnt know. The reviews on RT are promising and its standing at like 94% (only 14 reviews though) so it seems to be a good movie, just not what I was hoping for.

post the whole spoiler, I might take a peek at it if I can't make it to the theaters this weekend

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! Plot spoilers below:

The Reddit post that turned out to be correct supposedly:

Michelle is in a car crash and wakes up in Howard's bunker. There is also Emmett who got to Howard's bunker. Howard seems like a very unstable man. He is a doomsday prepper/conspiracy theorist. And ex Navy. Michelle can only take Howard's word for it that there was a chemical/nuclear attack outside and there is radiation outside. Emmett says he saw it (he saw Howard build his bunker). When she tries to escape outside, there is a neighbor who also knew of his bunker. She is outside the door dying of radiation poisoning. Michelle unfortunately believes him that there has been an attack and they settle in. After the air ducts stop working, Michelle has to climb through them in order to turn them back on. She discovers something dark about Howard (I've put it in another comment here, but don't want it being the FIRST one here just in case) and realize they need to escape, despite being an attack outside.
Earlier in the film, Howard shows Michelle a picture of his daughter, Megan. But just her. When Michelle goes into the air duct room, she climbs up a ladder to the surface and sees the word HELP scratched into the window from the inside. And a bloody earring of the girl in the picture. She goes back and tells Emmett about it. Then finds the picture and shows Emmett. Emmett says that's not Megan. That's a girl that went missing two years ago that no one found. They realize they need to escape quickly. They make a airtight suit and gas mask out of a shower curtain and 2 liter bottles. Howard discovers the scissors and duct tape they were using to do it. He pulls out a vat of Hydroflouric acid and asks what they were doing. Emmett takes the blame and says he was using it to make a weapon to get Howard's gun. Howard accepts his apology and shoots Emmett in the head. And dissolves his body. A few hours later, Howard discovers her suit but she manages to get away. And pours the vat of acid on him. It dissolves a cord and starts a fire. Howard gets trapped in the bunker while she escape through the air duct and escape outside. She sees birds flying overhead and realizes the air is fine. Takes off her mask. But hears a spaceship in the distance. Eventually she is able to bring the spaceship down by throwing a Molotov cocktail into it from a bottle of scotch inside Howard's truck and a lighter. Michelle is the only one who escapes alive and manages to take down the one alien ship near her. She gets in a car and drives away hitting a mailbox with the address "10 Cloverfield Lane" on it. She hears on the AM frequency that there are survivors in Houston and they need help. She turns down the highway towards Houston. Lightning flashes in the sky ...it's night...and you see the sillohettes of many spaceships looming in the sky.

Regarding the one alien that's seen in the movie:

It looked...armored. And on four legs. No real eyes. But a mouth that reminded me of the worms in Dreamcatcher.

Yeah, I don't really care about spoilers, I'll read them for movies, shows, etc. But for this, I'd recommend going with an open mind, I definitely think I would have liked it more if I didnt know. The reviews on RT are promising and its standing at like 94% (only 14 reviews though) so it seems to be a good movie, just not what I was hoping for.
After watching Gone Girl, I've learned that RT is not a valid way to gauge how good/bad a movie is.

Well i went to IMDB and i guess its a spoiler

Bradley Cooper is cast some guy named Ben

After watching Gone Girl, I've learned that RT is not a valid way to gauge how good/bad a movie is.

???

Gone Girl was a good thriller. I was probably was the most scared I've ever been in my life. "What if my girl does this? I'm too black for this to happen to me."

???

Gone Girl was a good thriller. I was probably was the most scared I've ever been in my life. "What if my girl does this? I'm too black for this to happen to me."
roll.gif

Same here. I literally gave my wife a dirty look when she walked into the room after the movie ended. I was saying in my head, "Don't you dare do anything stupid." LOL

Just got back from watching this movie and I must say that it was an awesome suspensefull movie with a bit of action.

John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead both had amazing performances and the overall feel of the movie had me hooked.

If you're going into this movie expecting it to be Cloverfield 2, you're in for a rude awakening, this movie has very minimal to pretty much no connection to the original Cloverfield.

The "Monster" isn't a monster, it's an alien spaceship and some alien dog ****.

The end of the movie goes from 0 to 1000 real quick to a point where it's a bit over the top lol.

I'm gonna watch the original cloverfield to see if I missed some connections but I'm sure I didn't.

saw the movie last night. John Goodman's character was good in this movie.

I think there was a connection of this movie to cloverfield. I'm assuming the aliens sent the cloverfield monster

Back
Top Bottom