12/2014 Air Jordan 11 Retro - White/Black-Legend Blue - 378037-117 NO GM TALK ALLOWED!

So let me get this straight. All in one year we have:

Carmine VI's
11 Low Concords
11 Low Space Jams
Columbia 11's
Sport Blue VI's
11 Low Green Snakeskin

I can't see how these 6 shoes won't be on most peoples list to get and possibly get even doubles as well.. That right there is close to 3G's at retail if you are buying two pair of each. Damn you Jordan Brand. :smh:

only thing on that list that's interesting to me. "Quality" over quantity.

Oh and you forgot Black/Infrared VIs

I never saw the need to double up unless a pair is being used as trade bait. Sure having a crispy pair on deck is dope but we're all sneakerheads meaning if you've been doing it for a while, you should have plenty of kicks to wear to the point that you don't have to wear a shoe so much that you wear it down. Even if it is your favorite shoe. Most of us in here should have enough kicks to wear a different pair AT LEAST for a month.

I have 2 pairs of concords from 2010. I've worn 1 pair maybe 10 times since then. I mean I didn't unDS till the The Dark Knigh Rises came out!! I use Jason Mark and keep em clean so I would say they're about an 8.5 almost a 9 if I put in a little elbow grease to fine clean em. By the time I retire those I bet they'll have retroed again and I'll need to get my on ice pair repaired :lol: My point is be smart about your purchases. If you have concords why buy concord lows? same with Jams. I don't have Jams so I'mma go for the lows. You don't HAVE to buy everything Nike throws at you.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. All in one year we have:

Carmine VI's
11 Low Concords
11 Low Space Jams
Columbia 11's
Sport Blue VI's
11 Low Green Snakeskin

I can't see how these 6 shoes won't be on most peoples list to get and possibly get even doubles as well.. That right there is close to 3G's at retail if you are buying two pair of each. Damn you Jordan Brand.
mean.gif
I'll be good with the two infrareds (white & black) and some Columbias for the year, if I could get my hands on a pair of carmine's that'll be pretty chill. No need for anything else though.

I never saw the need to double up unless a pair is being used as trade bait. Sure having a crispy pair on deck is dope but we're all sneakerheads meaning if you've been doing it for a while, you should have plenty of kicks to wear to the point that you don't have to wear a shoe so much that you wear it down. Even if it is your favorite shoe. Most of us in here should have enough kicks to wear a different pair AT LEAST for a month.

I have 2 pairs of concords from 2010. I've worn 1 pair maybe 10 times since then. I mean I didn't unDS till the The Dark Knigh Rises came out!! I use Jason Mark and keep em clean so I would say they're about an 8.5 almost a 9 if I put in a little elbow grease to fine clean em. By the time I retire those I bet they'll have retroed again and I'll need to get my on ice pair repaired
laugh.gif
My point is be smart about your purchases. If you have concords why buy concord lows? same with Jams. I don't have Jams so I'mma go for the lows. You don't HAVE to buy everything Nike throws at you.
I only have 3 pairs of kicks and still don't see the need to double up but I definitely understand what you're saying, I used to hoard kicks 
ohwell.gif
 honestly I felt 100x better after I got rid of all of them, definitely miss some pairs but oh well, don't regret getting rid of them. I hope pics of these Columbia's come out soon, I'm tired of looking at '96 & '01 pairs all the time, I need to see what I'm going to have on my feet towards the end of the year.

This thread is gonna be legendary on NT I believe. 55 pages and its only March. As far as musts for me since we've been talking about them, Carmine 6s, Baron 1s, Sport blue 6s, black/blue 3s, and ofcourse these 11s. Might actually pass on the Black infrareds. Was never a huge fan of them

This. Been buying for years, and I buy selectively. What gets lost on this board a lot is there are different types of buyers. Some people buy EVERYTHING with a jumpman no matter how wack it is. I can't get with that. I'm not with that stupid notion of "brand loyalty" either. The biggest disadvantage now is not being able to physically hold a shoe in hand and make a decision. People would change their mind more often if you take internet buying and blogs out of the equation. Can it be when it was all so simple....
mean.gif

This thread is gonna be legendary on NT I believe. 55 pages and its only March. As far as musts for me since we've been talking about them, Carmine 6s, Baron 1s, Sport blue 6s, black/blue 3s, and ofcourse these 11s. Might actually pass on the Black infrareds. Was never a huge fan of them

You're a fan of the 6s but don't like Black Infrared 6s? I don't understand that lol. They're the best 6s imo.

These 11s definitely are must cop though.

You're a fan of the 6s but don't like Black Infrared 6s? I don't understand that lol. They're the best 6s imo.

^ exactly. If nothing else the blk/infrared VI is the defining shoe of the entire jordan line. You know what it is when you see it, even if you're not familiar with kicks. 

This. Been buying for years, and I buy selectively. What gets lost on this board a lot is there are different types of buyers. Some people buy EVERYTHING with a jumpman no matter how wack it is. I can't get with that. I'm not with that stupid notion of "brand loyalty" either. The biggest disadvantage now is not being able to physically hold a shoe in hand and make a decision. People would change their mind more often if you take internet buying and blogs out of the equation. Can it be when it was all so simple....
mean.gif
If you take the internet buying and blogs out of the equation, buying these shoes would be I would say 85% easier.

mean.gif
If you take the internet buying and blogs out of the equation, buying these shoes would be I would say 85% easier.
Yes, that's the side effect I was going for as well. Nike, as usual, is ahead of the curve and is taking full advantage of this new blog hype phase. It's way too many kicks up for resale because people change their mind, in addition to trying to have that side hustle flipping kicks 
mean.gif

^ exactly. If nothing else the blk/infrared VI is the defining shoe of the entire jordan line. You know what it is when you see it, even if you're not familiar with kicks. 
Exactly that's YOUR opinion. Everyone is different. I like 6s but I'm just not a huge fan of the blacks. Not saying I don't like them at all. Even if I didn't what's wrong with that? I don't buy something because of hype or originality. It's because I REALLY like it. I respect the shoe but like I said unless I really like them then I won't cop.

Everyone's got different opinions. For example, to me:

GMP VI>BLK Infrared VI, and all other VI's really.

Last edited:
Exactly that's YOUR opinion. Everyone is different. I like 6s but I'm just not a huge fan of the blacks. Not saying I don't like them at all. Even if I didn't what's wrong with that? I don't buy something because of hype or originality. It's because I REALLY like it. I respect the shoe but like I said unless I really like them then I won't cop.

Calm down, I didn't say there's something wrong with that. I just said I don't understand it.

For me: Black Infrared > DMP > Sport Blue > White Infrared > GMP

But this is an AJ 11 thread. We can stop now lol

Last edited:
Calm down, I didn't say there's something wrong with that. I just said I don't understand it.

I am calm obviously. You must not be since you have to tell someone to calm down

I have 2 pairs of concords from 2010. I've worn 1 pair maybe 10 times since then. I mean I didn't unDS till the The Dark Knigh Rises came out!! I use Jason Mark and keep em clean so I would say they're about an 8.5 almost a 9 if I put in a little elbow grease to fine clean em. By the time I retire those I bet they'll have retroed again and I'll need to get my on ice pair repaired :lol: My point is be smart about your purchases. If you have concords why buy concord lows? same with Jams. I don't have Jams so I'mma go for the lows. You don't HAVE to buy everything Nike throws at you.

How about because I can and want to being the answer?

Point is that everyone has their own opinion. Saying you can't understand why a person doesn't like a certain colorway makes no sense and is silly.

people thinking this thread will blow up is correct but if you look through this thread you will see a lot of talk not about this shoe so you cant really gauge how hyped these will be but we all know they will be crazy hyped, how amazing would it be if we got OG quality just to mess with us by JB? lmao but yeah that aint gunna happen

people thinking this thread will blow up is correct but if you look through this thread you will see a lot of talk not about this shoe so you cant really gauge how hyped these will be but we all know they will be crazy hyped, how amazing would it be if we got OG quality just to mess with us by JB? lmao but yeah that aint gunna happen
Yea I agree with you there with all the extra talk like the whole kamu whatever guy. That was funny as hell though. Thread will still be crazy. And one can only hope that quality would be like that. Doubt it though

Point is that everyone has their own opinion. Saying you can't understand why a person doesn't like a certain colorway makes no sense and is silly.
Thank you for explaining my point. Look at his join date then look at post count. I can see why it is so low lol

every XI thread is comedy with the quality gripes and everything in between and in the end most are going hard for them, i havent gone hard for a shoe in a good while but if these are done right i will get one pair minimum and maybe some other pairs for trade bait or to sell for some OG 1s

The other thing is kids nowadays are shoe "leasers". Why do you think there's such a surge in vvvvvvnds shoes for sale? Kids that try to fit in by selling a shoe they "stunted" with on the weekend before to get the next big shoe release. I bet a high percentage of kids don't have shoes they bought a year ago.

Exactly which is why answering the following will be pointless.

How about because I can and want to being the answer?

And that's your prerogative. Go ahead do it but I like to be more practical. Aside from basic white and black AF1s and most recently the Tiffany dunks, shoes have never had identical low/high counterparts to each other (I could be wrong tho). I do not see the point in buying a low top version of the same shoe. It adds nothing to my collection or wardrobe. It'll look the same when I rock it with pants. Buying it just to have is really not a good reason nor practical. Besides these lows are Nike/JB's lazy attempt to capitalize on hype. Customizers were doing this last year, hell reps of these have been out for a year :lol: There's nothing special about these. Nothing about the shoe had to be changed to accommodate it's low counterpart just trim the heel area.

But that's my opinion nothing more. People can do what they please I just have other things to look forward to than owning a lite version of a shoe I have.

And that's your prerogative. Go ahead do it but I like to be more practical. Aside from basic white and black AF1s and most recently the Tiffany dunks, shoes have never had identical low/high counterparts to each other (I could be wrong tho). I do not see the point in buying a low top version of the same shoe. It adds nothing to my collection or wardrobe. It'll look the same when I rock it with pants. Buying it just to have is really not a good reason nor practical. Besides these lows are Nike/JB's lazy attempt to capitalize on hype. Customizers were doing this last year, hell reps of these have been out for a year :lol: There's nothing special about these. Nothing about the shoe had to be changed to accommodate it's low counterpart just trim the heel area. But that's my opinion nothing more. People can do what they please I just have other things to look forward to than owning a lite version of a shoe I have.

I have a total of 5 pair of Jay's: Taxi 12's, Playoff 12's, Cool Greg 9's, the Concords, and the Black / Red 11's. I don't just buy anything. I buy what I believe I must have and not just what I like. And that's your wardrobe. I love wearing my Black / Red 11's with everything, but not my Concords. I can picture myself wearing the lows all the time like I wear my Black / Red 11's.

Personally I dont really like the Jordan lows either ....the only lows I rock are air max 95/360/flyknits/flywire ...any other lows are casual work shoes.

I feel you. I'm not here to convince anyone anything I'm just saying to me personally I don't find the advantage of having a low version of the same c/w of a shoe i own.

Back
Top Bottom