2/4/2012 Red Foamposite One Vol: Here we go again Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Nike is making more pairs to combat the growing population of 'heads, but I also don't think they're downsizing. Its just like the previous post said, the population of 'heads are growing, rapidly. I wish Nike would make more shoes to accommodate everyone.

I don't think Nike is making more pairs to combat the growing population of 'heads, but I also don't think they're downsizing. Its just like the previous post said, the population of 'heads are growing, rapidly. I wish Nike would make more shoes to accommodate everyone.

I sure hope restocks happen, if not, these foams may never see under $300 on ebay. With Royals I copped 4 pairs off of there below $225 well after release day. Now asking price is 300+ for all of them.
tired.gif

Oh well can't be mad I got my pairs.

I sure hope restocks happen, if not, these foams may never see under $300 on ebay. With Royals I copped 4 pairs off of there below $225 well after release day. Now asking price is 300+ for all of them.
tired.gif

Oh well can't be mad I got my pairs.

Originally Posted by ducktales

Originally Posted by polorico

The game has changed man , and i am only 22 thats the weird thing.

Back in my jordan prime the tuffest pair for me to snag were the grapes......

Now it seems like anything sells out thats "hot"

Its trends , i know yall remember when any retro jordan would sell out.......

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back then for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....
Wow i am 33 and i remember wearing different colorway J's back in the day to ball. Man you brought me back to my teen years.

Originally Posted by ducktales

The game has changed man , and i am only 22 thats the weird thing.

Back in my jordan prime the tuffest pair for me to snag were the grapes......

Now it seems like anything sells out thats "hot"

Its trends , i know yall remember when any retro jordan would sell out.......

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back then for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....
Wow i am 33 and i remember wearing different colorway J's back in the day to ball. Man you brought me back to my teen years.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Quick question for everyone anything crazy went down while y'all camped. I remmber one time when I was camping for the restock for the concords. Some random dude wanted to talk to me I didn't mind but man he talked for days and I didn't get my pair unfortunately cause some people buy multiple pairs I guess they were born with multipule legs. Anyways the guy who loved to talk wanted to follow me around the city I went to footlocker he wanted to go I went to house of hoops on 34 he followed after a while the marine in me kicked in so I was trying to ditch him at every store finally I let him walk a good distance ahead of me and dipped in a store check the ladies and waited to ohh boy left. Woooo close call right

roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Quick question for everyone anything crazy went down while y'all camped. I remmber one time when I was camping for the restock for the concords. Some random dude wanted to talk to me I didn't mind but man he talked for days and I didn't get my pair unfortunately cause some people buy multiple pairs I guess they were born with multipule legs. Anyways the guy who loved to talk wanted to follow me around the city I went to footlocker he wanted to go I went to house of hoops on 34 he followed after a while the marine in me kicked in so I was trying to ditch him at every store finally I let him walk a good distance ahead of me and dipped in a store check the ladies and waited to ohh boy left. Woooo close call right

roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i miss the days when dudes used to have to fight for they life walking to the train , or the whip so they didnt get jacked.

all i know is when the lbj galaxys come out , ima wild out if some snot nose kid tries to cop multiple pairs.

i miss the days when dudes used to have to fight for they life walking to the train , or the whip so they didnt get jacked.

all i know is when the lbj galaxys come out , ima wild out if some snot nose kid tries to cop multiple pairs.

You not going to do a thing!

You not going to do a thing!

Got to the mall at 5:30am so I could cop from HoH at 8am..
I was about 30th in line.. Manager told me they had less than 50 so I thought I was good.
They ended up only handing out 28 tickets because employees took the rest.. 
mad.gif

I was dissappointed until the security told me that Sheikh had pairs available and that we would be first in line
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We were all presently surprised because Sheikh never announced they would be getting them.
To be honest.. I didnt think that the security knew what he was talking about and mixed these up with the Spizzikes.
We had to wait until the rest of the mall was opening but sure enough.. They had em. 13 pairs total.

Got my sz 10 and dipped.
Mission Accomplished.

I was about 30th in line.. Manager told me they had less than 50 so I thought I was good.
mad.gif

I was dissappointed until the security told me that Sheikh had pairs available and that we would be first in line
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We were all presently surprised because Sheikh never announced they would be getting them.
To be honest.. I didnt think that the security knew what he was talking about and mixed these up with the Spizzikes.
We had to wait until the rest of the mall was opening but sure enough.. They had em. 13 pairs total.

Got my sz 10 and dipped.
Mission Accomplished.

While at Roosevelt field mall, was number 38 on the line this morning. Some random people came upstairs saying footaction had pairs (without bags, just normal people). I didn't go, a couple of people did (thought it was a joke or something). They weren't lying and then I ran there and they sold out. Nike then only had 2 14's left, so I bounced.

While at Roosevelt field mall, was number 38 on the line this morning. Some random people came upstairs saying footaction had pairs (without bags, just normal people). I didn't go, a couple of people did (thought it was a joke or something). They weren't lying and then I ran there and they sold out. Nike then only had 2 14's left, so I bounced.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

My first Bay Area Foam experience.
Wasn't too bad.. just not enough pairs to go around.

Footaction got 16 pairs, 40-50 people in line. I was number 12.. got there at 7, they didn't open til 9. Had to get a smaller size, time to trade.
What size you need? i saw a friend saying he wants a 9 and he got a 10

Should've hollered... easy pickup over here...

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

My first Bay Area Foam experience.
Wasn't too bad.. just not enough pairs to go around.

Footaction got 16 pairs, 40-50 people in line. I was number 12.. got there at 7, they didn't open til 9. Had to get a smaller size, time to trade.
What size you need? i saw a friend saying he wants a 9 and he got a 10

Should've hollered... easy pickup over here...

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

mad.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Got my sz 10 and dipped.
Mission Accomplished.
Where the hell do you live where security is so nice and informative.  And that they let you line up at another store in the same order.  That is seriously a wish come true.

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

mad.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Got my sz 10 and dipped.
Mission Accomplished.
Where the hell do you live where security is so nice and informative.  And that they let you line up at another store in the same order.  That is seriously a wish come true.

Hey guys, I didn't cop this pair because it wasn't worth it to me, but I'm curious how NDC was last night with this release. Were you able to cop? Site freeze? Any problems?

Hey guys, I didn't cop this pair because it wasn't worth it to me, but I'm curious how NDC was last night with this release. Were you able to cop? Site freeze? Any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom