8fd84f5ec0eadeafb99f142434a3f32c-getty-78112012mw040_world_welterw.jpg

08bb98e5c5f1eda82a7220a936177c4e-getty-78112012mw056_world_welterw.jpg

f63aab8debad347ea8f26bd43b5972a1-getty-78112012mw054_world_welterw.jpg

fc81850033e450c9317b57dc67d850b7-getty-78112012mw055_world_welterw.jpg

4173a305e4ad79264a3e8e9e641dae30-getty-78112012mw047_world_welterw.jpg

6e6eec50b14a3dc1f90be5996ad80ee9-getty-78112012mw026_world_welterw.jpg

344048fe41d74163d3b212e7eff9cb38-getty-78112012mw023_world_welterw.jpg

Undercard = AWFUL

Mayweather-Hatton pretty much what i expected except for the KO , Ricky applied pressure made it ugly Floyd shined when he got space , kinda surprised nopoints weren't taken away from Floyd for pushing off using his forearm . Ricky walked right into the check hook and bounced off the turnbuckle . Ricky is acharacter and you have to like that about him . Floyd is a character too , he says he taking off but I wonder if he will ever fight Cotto, Margarito orWilliams .

A good fight not great but then again I dont think for us Brits even if Ricky won it would live up to the hype the best fighter won plain and simple and Im ahuge Hatton fan he got caught with to many clean shots he had to force the fight after the point deduction he had to gamble n was way to open.

I think the ref got way to involved in this fight and wasnt fair both ways yes Ricky swung for the back of the head but didnt land but the intent did deserve apoint deduction yet he never told Floyd to stop the ducking low or elbow to the throat despite this Mayweather boxed smart Ricky was to emotional in there losthis head.

I think Mayweather was shocked how good Ricky was from that first shot that knocked him back but Floyd had to much class every Brit knew this could happen butour hearts wanted to see Ricky do it CONGRATULATIONS TO FLOYD MAYWEATHER nice to see Ricky Gracouse in defeat he made us Brits and all his fans proud he has ahuge heart.

As for the under card what a joke Vegas judges are Ponce de lione winning 118-110 are they watching the same fight he was outboxed the whole fight a poorperformance from a champion Id say his opponant didnt do enough to take his belt but winning by 8 rounds please looked a draw or 1 round win to me.

Geoff Lacy what can I say other than hes done what a waste of that body he had no timeing he was awfull you have seen the best from Lacy I mean if his opponentwas half decent cause lets face it Manfredo wasnt but looked a good fighter in there Geof would have got knocked out.Lacys heart was broken and stamped on byJoe Calzaghe and its still hurting If he doesnt perform well next fight I think u can say its a wrap.

Im off to bed its 6.05am UK time and I been up all night Ricky lost to a great fighter but it was well worth the money and staying up to all of u who called itwell done props to u all hope u all enjoyed the fight and maybe respect Ricky a little more now if not so be it.

Peace
Scottie

The one laughing at the end of all of this is...Oscar De La Hoya.

Eh, I'm not a fan of the guy at all...but that was an exhibition, a boxing lesson at it's finest. I silently rooted for Hatton, but I knew itwasn't gonna happen. I want Cotto to be that man...

sick.gif
Ponce De Leon, and Manfredo/Lacy...

I'm HIGHLY upset at the card, in general....expected better.

cortez had the most frustrating job in america for that 30 minutes. props to floyd on everything he did tonite, in the ring and out. thumbs up to the romaniansand their great sopcast link. thumbs down to the british fans booing the american national anthem and mr larry merchant.

decent fight..floyd played into him a lil to much in the first half of the fight..he opened it up big time in the later rounds though..

This fight was defintely entertaining (more than I can say about the undercard at least).

I thought when Hatton mocked Mayweather by Hatton turning his back to Mayweather after the point deduction...it light a fire out of Mayweather and woke him up.

Mayweather just needed some time to adjust. He got more comfortable when the fought continued on and finished Hatton off.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

bruh, when he said "fluke" it was a joke, lighten up ...

btw, to all my boxing thread regulars, wasnt that one of the worst officiated fights ever?
i mean normally Cortez is good, but he was like an inch away from the action way too much. he was in the way.
He was breakin the fighters when it wasnt even necessary.
overall the card was hella weak,and what a surprise the best fight was Mayweahters.
This card needed Berto on the undercard or some ultra exciting fighter
good show Floyd.
How'd i know you was gonna suggest Berto be on this card? Pretty soon you'll be trying to get him on as the "half-timeentertainment" during football games and **#!.

Anyway, i didn't see the fight due to about 5 things going wrong at once, but from what i read, it went almost exactly how i figured, except Floyd got himout of there 1 round earlier than my 11th round KO prediction. Damn i'm good.

Anyway, i'll download the fight later tonight, watch it tomorrow morning and give my scoring and indepth thoughts at that time.

And to everybody saying Floyd's ducking Cotto. Floyd called out Cotto a couple of years ago, and his promoters said no. Floyd destroyed Cotto'sfriend Henry Bruseles to try and bate Cotto into calling him out, but Cotto's people wouldn't let it happen. So don't be acting like Floyd scaredof Miguel. Also, as far as Margaritio is concerned, he got more money fighting Baldomir, and the opportunity to become the legit Welterweight champion. Itwas a no brainer to pass up Margarito.

Question:

Could a Manny Pacquiao/PBF fight happen? PBF would have to go back down to maybe Lightweight or lightwelterweight, and Manny might have to move up, but couldit happen?
nerd.gif

i mean normally Cortez is good, but he was like an inch away from the action way too much. he was in the way.
He was breakin the fighters when it wasnt even necessary.
me and my boys were talking about that the whole fight.

this fight solidified that Mayweather is the best fighter that i've personally ever seen. the perfect combination of speed, power and intelligence.he's so ridiculously quick and methodical, i honestly don't see how ANYBODY could beat him. based off raw talent and his boxing IQ, i don't see howhe's not one of the top 10 fighters of all time.

my boy and i were talking about how we'd love to see Roy Jones drop about 20 pounds and Floyd put on about 10 and have them duke it out, even thoughit'll never happen. his post-fight comments obviously lean to him hanging it up, but he said the same thing after the De La Hoya fight, so who knows, maybethe Cotto fight will come to fruition...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Question:

Could a Manny Pacquiao/PBF fight happen? PBF would have to go back down to maybe Lightweight or lightwelterweight, and Manny might have to move up, but could it happen?
nerd.gif
it would NEVER happen, manny would never make the 147 weight and there is no way floyd would cut weight to fight him. and if some chance they didfloyd would KO him in the 1st round.

Good Fight, Hatton was just out classed...I don't like him one bit but hats off to Floyd, he fought another great fight.

Originally Posted by Deez122

hey trasoul looks like ya boy got his running shoes on!! I see Hatton is going to have to knockout dude in order to win.

Mayweather doing more holding than a vice grip. Oh did I mention Mayweather is on the run like Bonnie and Clyde!!
Deez122 wrote:
Well looks like PBF got him, damn.

True, I don't think I've ever seen Mayweather get down like that. My @$#%@#$ hat goes off to Pretty Boy!

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

eating_crow.jpg
85630OTvs_w.jpg

PBF: Truly the £ for £ Champion

Theres only 111111111111111111111111111111111 mayyyyyyyyweatherrrrrrrrrr. my boy put it down tonight. good fight ricky got alot of heart...but damn.

Amo, come on now, who's a more exciting young fighter than Berto?

and

Hatton fought in his usual style, rushing in and trying to make it a physical fight, but he landed few effective punches and mostly grabbed and held. He only landed 63 punches, according to CompuBox.
eek.gif
someone please tell me that's a typo
roll.gif

that is just disgusting, someone PLEASE revoke the "hitman" nickname from him ASAP. thats Tommy Hearns nickname, so stop callin himthat
just goes to show, hatton was doing NOTHING, he was rushing in and NOT landing punches
smh.gif
and people and some "expert analysts" had the nerve to say this fight was close on scorecards

and Amo, PLEASE Edit jeff Lacy's name out the damn title

Back
Top Bottom