2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

I like how all the hate for Mayweather alters the logic way of thinking. Who ever even though Hatton would give him a good fight was terribly mistaken and shouldmt watch or talk about the sport of boxing again

I agree 100%, ppl just see PBF and see the attitude but time and time again i tell people he just act like that too sell the fight, i also told ppl HATTONfights right into FLOYD's style perfectly...he dint have a chance wit that come foward attitude, because evrybody comes foward vs. floyd and you see whathappens...
smh.gif
HE WALKED right into that left hook
pimp.gif
..what did FLOYD say "we call that the check hook"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by renegade34474

Originally Posted by gmoney771981

One more thing, althought I won't go as far to say Floyd ducks opponents, he's a modern day Roy Jones to me (picks opponents who don't pose a big threat). Ask yourself who are the top 5 true welterweights over the past couple years and how many of them have Floyd fought (Oscar isn't a true welter either)?

PBF is NOT a modern day Roy Jones ....

Roy Jones never won Titles in 5 weight classes .... everyone fails to realize the accomplishments of Floyd Mayweather Jr. ... a case could be made that He is not even a true welterweight as he started winning titles at 130lbs ... JR lightweight .....then moved up to each division and DOMINATED each class winning the best belt (WBC), then moving up again ....

He went all the way up to 154 to fight oscar ... 24 lbs over where he started at 21 years old ....

Deez 122--- I don't think I've ever seen Floyd look that good.

You should watch some of earlier fights ... Floyd hasn't looked that good in AWHILE , but when he fought at 130 , 135 , & 140 , he puts dudes out on the regular ...

I guess because Floyd talks alot in front of the camera makes everyone hate in the dude , but PBF is one of the greatest to ever do it ....
pimp.gif

Thanks for saving me the typing.....you just said everything I was going to say.

I was surprised Hatton got knocked out...although looking back I'm not sure why. I figured it would be more of a situation of Hatton being busted up inthe later rounds but him or his corner unwilling to stop it. Other than that it went the way I expected. By the way, Lederman must LOVE aggression. He hadthe Jesus Chavez fight almost even too before it got stopped.

Cotto is already talking:
"He has had great victories, but when you talk about Miguel Cotto and Floyd Mayweather, he always comes up with excuses -- I'm not the opponent for him, I'm not ready for him," Cotto said to the Grand Rapids Press. "I earned all I have now. I worked for that. Over the next year, year and a half, I can take the big names. At 147 pounds, the welterweight division, to me, it's the hottest division in boxing today. Margarito, Mayweather, Hatton, Kermit Cintron, Paul Williams and me. It could be three years of great boxing. I just want the big fights, the big names, the real fights. I wish the rest of the opponents want the same."

I loved it to see it happen and I think this would be a much better fight to go out on and would leave less questions, even though I don't take his talksabout retirement too serious. I would pick Mayweather in this one as well, being a closer fight than Hatton. The only person I think would really giveMayweather trouble is Williams, but I can't see that fight happening.

if you didnt know Paul wiiliams is that dude... think a young less powerful tommy hearns, tall and skinny kid
Sorry my dude but that is a horrible comparison, yea he's long like Hitman but he's nothing like him.

When you think Paul Williams you should think Mark Breland, a 6ft 2 lanky welterweight fighter who was basically outpointing fighters like Williams. Tommy wentin fights looking to knock peoples heads off, Paul goes into fights looking to go the distance and get a decision. the two shouldnt be in the same train ofthought. Paul doesnt throw his punches with violent intentions, and you wouldnt find anyone to say that about Hitman.

Paul doesnt throw his punches with violent intentions, but they are surely some hard punches...i personally think he has jus as much power as hitman he jus doinside on a dude enough. not to mention i think hes a lil quicker on the defensive eluding punches and such. but then again ive only seen tapes of hitman
laugh.gif

my man Haiti, there are very few boxers in the history of the sport who had the power Tommy Hearns has, U box, next time u hit the gym, ask the old heads andtrainers.

There is NO similarity in power between the two. Trust me, And Ive seen Thomas fight on tapes and DVDs as well. I guarantee, if u watch more Hearns tapes uwill see, there is NO comparison between the two. and Paul Williams shouldnt even be in the same thought train as Hearns. Paul is a slick boxer highvolumepunch boxer, Tommie Hearns had the greatest Right hand ever in the history of boxing.

my man Haiti, there are very few boxers in the history of the sport who had the power Tommy Hearns has, U box, next time u hit the gym, ask the old heads and trainers. There is NO similarity in power between the two. Trust me, And Ive seen Thomas fight on tapes and DVDs as well. I guarantee, if u watch more Hearns tapes u will see, there is NO comparison between the two. and Paul Williams shouldnt even be in the same thought train as Hearns. Paul is a slick boxer highvolume punch boxer, Tommie Hearns had the greatest Right hand ever in the history of boxing.
word...this dudes power and speed AND ACCURACY is crazy
eek.gif

What I'll say about the actual action in the fight is that Floyd fought a perfect gameplan. As much as I hate to see him have to resort to the leadelbow/forearm, he only does that when his opponents repeatedly grind their forehead into his face and chin. It's dirty both physically and logically, soPBF protects himself in the most logical way. I was surprised to see Floyd work the inside the way he did, mainly because I was hoping Hatton would slug it outmore inside but he kept grabbing and holding Floyd's head down.

I think Mayweather should put on his promoter's hat and set up Hatton vs. Cotto in 2009. That's if Hatton wants to continue fighting for a few moreyears and get his rep back after a few build-up fights. Otherwise Hatton should just fight De La Hoya in England and retire after a huge payday.

Originally Posted by NikeJah89

Was Hatton really a worthy opponent?

I like how all the hate for Mayweather alters the logic way of thinking. Who ever even thought Hatton would give him a good fight was terribly mistaken and should never watch or talk about the sport of boxing again.

I was thinking the same thing. My homeboy showed me a couple clips of Hatton and he honestly wasn't bad. He got pounded on though.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

I like how all the hate for Mayweather alters the logic way of thinking. Who ever even though Hatton would give him a good fight was terribly mistaken and shouldmt watch or talk about the sport of boxing again

I agree 100%, ppl just see PBF and see the attitude but time and time again i tell people he just act like that too sell the fight, i also told ppl HATTON fights right into FLOYD's style perfectly...he dint have a chance wit that come foward attitude, because evrybody comes foward vs. floyd and you see what happens...
smh.gif
HE WALKED right into that left hook
pimp.gif
..what did FLOYD say "we call that the check hook"
laugh.gif

correction HE WALKED right into that turnbuckle

yea that statement is ridic...top 5 welterweights..hmmm i can eff with that...but not G.O.A.T

I dont see how its hard to imagine him being top 5. He makes his fights look so easy. He's beat everyone that he can fight besides cotto. You guys act likethere is an abundance of GOOD fighters in his weightclass.

if anything you just discredited PBF because u just said

"you guys act like there is an abundance of GOOD fighters in his weightclass"

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I cant realistically include Floyd in my top 5. He's in the mix as far as top 20 - 25 IMO

Gunna, where would you put him in terms of defense? Because I think his defense is Top 5 IMO.

Back
Top Bottom