**2012-13 "Gentlemanly" NBA PG Discussion Thread**

The objective of the point guard is the facilitate the offense and make everyone better. Well, the Wizards have improved offensively since his return and most importantly, they are ranked #1 in defense since he came back. It's a small sample size (15/16 games or so), but it speaks volumes as to the impact Wall has had on the Wizards. THAT is what you want out of your point guard. If that doesn't merit any talk for being in the top-10 for the position, then I really don't know what to tell you.

I would definitely throw Grevis and Kyrie in the discussion, however it's hard.

Can you be a top Pg in the league with your teams as bad as Grevis's and Kyrie's?

Both those guys are on the up and up

But think about it does it take away from Dirks talent, the team aspect matters. It their records can't take from the skill and talent

Yeah.

I personally prefer a pass-first pg and not a hybrid like westbrook, and atm cp3>>everyone else.. in a few years, kyrie will be the face of the pg position if he learns to play defense.. also, shout out to tony parker, a very underrated pg in the game...

You prefer a pass first pg yet in the same breath say a pg who doesn't pass....is next. Brilliant.

oh i don't like kyrie but i cant deny the fact that the boy can play... i just dont think rose will ever be the same again; therefore, kyrie will be the best pg in a few years.. 

Russy, Rondo, Holiday, Rubio, Lillard, Wall, heck Curry? I mean Kyrie can play not denying that but every one of these pgs pass much more and most can score very well too. On top of the fact that they are all better defenders. So outside of the scoring what about Kyrie screams best pg? Because he has A LOT of people to pass before making that claim.

Russy, Rondo, Holiday, Rubio, Lillard, Wall, heck Curry? I mean Kyrie can play not denying that but every one of these pgs pass much more and most can score very well too. On top of the fact that they are all better defenders. So outside of the scoring what about Kyrie screams best pg? Because he has A LOT of people to pass before making that claim.

Kyries better than all of them except russy and maybe curry

i do prefer a pass first pg, like rondo, nash, kidd, but the game has evolved so much in a way that most teams have players that provide versatility in terms of passing, rebounding, scoring...in essence, you dont need a pg that averages 12-14 assists, you can get away with him averaging 5.5-8 assists as long as the rest of the team covers those extra assists...im old school, i guess

sad to say but it depends on how rondo recovers from his injury, ill take kyrie over him cause rondo can't knock down a midrange jumper.. Russell and Curry are more of a shooting guard really.. Lillard is a player that can challenge kyrie in a few years

On a different note, does Deron William's wrist really bothering him or does he think it's the offseason still?

sad to say but it depends on how rondo recovers from his injury, ill take kyrie over him cause rondo can't knock down a midrange jumper.. Russell and Curry are more of a shooting guard really.. Lillard is a player that can challenge kyrie in a few years

Then how is kyrie a pg then he avg more pts and way less ast then them...or are you saying they are sg because they can also play off the ball?

Kyrie is probably the best scoring pg in the league but to say westbrook and curry are more of a 2 and call kyrie a pg is crazy

On a different note, does Deron William's wrist really bothering him or does he think it's the offseason still?

definitely the wrist. he holds it almost every game after he gets hit and it could be the ankles too. just hope he gets better and plays back to form to add more spice to the PG talk that there already is

Back
Top Bottom