**2012-13 "Gentlemanly" NBA PG Discussion Thread**

I agree RoOk...I think later on, he will focus on being a two-way player... It's only his second year too 
eek.gif

1. Rondo
2. CP3
3. Tony Parker, but he's getting old

Irving will probably be top 3 in the next 2-3 years though :x

Curry has glass ankles, Wall is a moron and D Will is on the decline. He's overweight the last two seasons

Last edited:
There's something about Lillard's game that intrigues me as well.. he's so poised and in control all the time..He gets up the court slow then bam hits that nonchalant three 
pimp.gif

Wait till they get an actual team around him. Cavs FA learned from their mistakes. New people in charge. they ain't gonna let it happen again.

His numbers will go up.
Exactly...once the game slows down for him even more and he actually learns to play defense.. 
pimp.gif

5.5 assists

Wait till they get an actual team around him. Cavs FA learned from their mistakes. New people in charge. they ain't gonna let it happen again.

His numbers will go up.

Go up to what 6?

What's obvious is players like Jason Kidd, John wall ,cp3, and D Will average 8 apg since coming to the the L and those players all had no help if kyrie could get more assist he would he just ain't that type of player

In tiers....

1. CP3
2. Rose

3. Russy
4. Kyrie
5. Rondo
6. Parker
7. Curry

8. Dwill
9. Wall
10. Jrue

11. Lawson
12. Lillard
13. Rubio
14. Conley
15. Vasquez

Calling Wall a "moron" isn't warrented. What makes him a moron? Since he has come
back from injury, the Wiz's are a totally different team.

Steph Curry "Glass ankles" but still played at an All-Star level the first half of the NBA season.

Deron Williams is still a bad man as Stephen A would say. He's playing through numerous injuries. I admit, he needs to get into better playing and focus more on his fitness, but don't try to put down his ability based off one first half of the season after he's been destroying other teams PG's for year. He is not on the decline. His play this season isn't due to age at all, I blame injuries.

Kyrie assist avg total will be 2-4 higher if his teammates shot higher percentages. Dion Waiters, Gibson, etc gotta knock down those kickouts at a higher percentage when Kyrie gets doubled once he drives. If Tristan ever flourishes with a mid range jumper, Kyrie will be putting up heavy assists #'s

Rose hasn't even played in a while..god knows if he'll still be able to do what he was able to do 1 year back... this injury might affect him psychologically and not just physically (i.e. explosiveness)... so it's not really fair to rank him ahead of westbrook, parker, kyrie, etc. And I believe had he been healthy, they would've taken the heat to 7 games

In tiers....

1. CP3
2. Rose

3. Russy
4. Kyrie
5. Rondo
6. Parker
7. Curry

8. Dwill
9. Wall
10. Jrue

11. Lawson
12. Lillard
13. Rubio
14. Conley
15. Vasquez
Apparently you missed Tony Parker destroying Kyrie head-to-head a couple days ago?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278496

They aren't on the same tier at all, especially with the MVP-calibre season Parker is having. Parker has been top 3 this season.

Dudes really ranking a 20-yo who averages 5.5 assists on a 16-win team, over veteran PGs who have won championships and know the ins and outs of the position. That's crazy..

The only proven players who I would mention in an elite PG ranking are:

CP3
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
Rondo
D Will (he fell off hard this season, but I give him the benefit of the doubt based on his record in the league)

There's no point ranking anyone else because they're just too young. They aren't proven yet. You don't know who is gonna leapfrog who, or who's play will level off, etc. Look at Jrue Holiday, went from completely unmentioned last year averaging 13 & 5, to an All-Star this year putting up 19 & 9. We can discuss and compare potential, but no point making a list that could completely change in one offseason.

The same thing is going on in the NFL with young QBs. A guy like Russell Wilson could very well be a top 5 QB in the league talentwise, but it's too early to rank him because he isn't proven yet.

Last edited:
If you're referring to my post, my ranking wasn't for just this season.. it was for each player in general based on what they've shown in their careers. I don't see the point of all these "in the moment" periodical rankings (except if we're talking about All-Star or All-NBA selections for that particular season).

If you're gonna rank guys, why not just take a look at what each player is capable of bringing to the table, what they aren't, and rank them that way? That way it can lead to interesting discussion about the intricacies of each player's game, their career trajectories, etc. In the moment rankings lead to nothing.

We've seen Rose for long enough, we know what he can do. If you're implying that he won't be the same player anymore that's a separate issue.

Last edited:
Go up to what 6?

What's obvious is players like Jason Kidd, John wall ,cp3, and D Will average 8 apg since coming to the the L and those players all had no help if kyrie could get more assist he would he just ain't that type of player

Glad you got to it before me. I mean we are crowning a guy who's getting the same amount of assists as Kemba? Seriously? He's a great scorer. That's where it ends. Every other pg I brought up has shown they bring more to the table overall. I think Kyrie is a great talent but yall obviously don't watch him...or these other pgs calling him top 5. He's not a distributor and while he puts the ball in the bucket a good amount of these other pgs can along with getting +7 assists

Last edited:
uhmm tony parker did not average more than 6 assists until his 4th year, he didnt even have a midrange game..yet now he's a champion and a hall of famer... do u not think kyrie can improve his assists as well?

I feel his assist will raise but not to elite distributor levels which is what I'm trying to say, 6 apg isn't bad but for point guards it's considered below average

Did I ever say he can't? Tony Parker isn't a distributor like those mentioned and never will be. That's all we are saying about Kyrie. You know pretty much from the jump what pg is pass first and what one isn't. It never has been Kyrie. At no point in his career was he a distributor. I'm of the belief he will raise his assists...but no more than where tony is at

Hard to say..Players can elevate their game. To say that he will raise his assists, but no more than parker is very asinine 

Back
Top Bottom