2012 OFFICIAL NBA Fantasy Basketball Thread

I joined my first league on yahoo. There's only 6 of us so the chances to pick up marquee players is very high. Here's my line up. I wanted to see if it stacks up against the 2nd line up below who's my brother in law. Do I have any weaknesses and if so how to tweak them?

Andre Iguodala (Den - SG,SF)
JaVale McGee (Den - C)
Paul Millsap (Uta - PF)
Kyrie Irving (Cle - PG)
Kobe Bryant (LAL - SG)
Tony Parker (SA - PG)
Pau Gasol (LAL - PF,C)
Tim Duncan (SA - PF,C)
Marc Gasol (Mem - C)
Serge Ibaka (OKC - PF,C)
Monta Ellis (Mil - PG,SG)
Goran Dragic (Pho - PG)
Kevin Love (Min - PF,C)
2nd Roster:
Damian Lillard (Por - PG)
LeBron James (Mia - SF,PF)
Kenneth Faried (Den - PF)
Joakim Noah (Chi - PF,C)
Josh Smith (Atl - SF,PF)
Manu Ginobili (SA - SG,SF)
Deron Williams (Bkn - PG)
J.R. Smith (NY - SG,SF)
Stephen Curry (GS - PG)
Zach Randolph (Mem - PF,C)
Anthony Davis (NO - PF)
Blake Griffin (LAC - PF,C)
DeAndre Jordan(LAC - C)
drop javale and add a real starter. javale should only be owned in 12+ team leagues

All taken. Thanks though.
you're not going to find a guy that shoots 5+ fts with good % in the FA
laugh.gif
. you can probably buy low on some of these guys though

I'm in a 12 team league and I am getting KILLED. I'm currently in 11th place with a record of 13-23-0. I guess it would also help to know that 3 of the 4 weeks have been against teams that are currently in the top 5 of the league. Here's my current squad:

View media item 148340
Here's how I fared in the past 4 weeks: 1-3 in FG%, FT%, 3PM, PTS, REB, ST, and BLK; 2-2 in AST & TO

My leading scorers are CP3, Blake, and Kevin Martin:x These dudes rarely score over 20 and K-Mart doesn't do anything but score.
The only person that has been solid across the board for me is Horford. Ant has hardly played and Wall's return is up in the air.
I'm definitely in need of a

- PF/C that can grab boards and blocks like a Duncan/Noah.
- SG/SF that can hit threes and get me a couple of steals/blocks a night like a Rudy Gay/ Iggy
- Possibly another PG that can score and help CP3 with the dimes.

Who should I trade and for who? Is it too soon to be in panic mode? Should I continue to be patient with Davis and Wall?

I'm in a 12 team league and I am getting KILLED. I'm currently in 11th place with a record of 13-23-0. I guess it would also help to know that 3 of the 4 weeks have been against teams that are currently in the top 5 of the league. Here's my current squad:

Here's how I fared in the past 4 weeks: 1-3 in FG%, FT%, 3PM, PTS, REB, ST, and BLK; 2-2 in AST & TO
My leading scorers are CP3, Blake, and Kevin Martin:x These dudes rarely score over 20 and K-Mart doesn't do anything but score.
The only person that has been solid across the board for me is Horford. Ant has hardly played and Wall's return is up in the air.
I'm definitely in need of a
- PF/C that can grab boards and blocks like a Duncan/Noah.
- SG/SF that can hit threes and get me a couple of steals/blocks a night like a Rudy Gay/ Iggy
- Possibly another PG that can score and help CP3 with the dimes.

Who should I trade and for who? Is it too soon to be in panic mode? Should I continue to be patient with Davis and Wall?
post your FA cause there are guys you can definitely drop. i would package davis and blake for some better players

drop miller and singler, pick up terry and ben gordon. use gordon as your stream option. i dont like the fact that you have so many washington players since their minutes are up in the air at this point so that will be frustrating. you need scoring for sure so try to trade davis and someone else for a rudy gay or chris bosh

Drop Mo Williams...

Should i pick up

rip Hamilton,
Singler
Valanciunas
Seraphin
Caron Butler
G Vasquez
or Artest

Drop Mo Williams...

Should i pick up

rip Hamilton,
Singler
Valanciunas
Seraphin
Caron Butler
G Vasquez
or Artest
Either Vasquez or Seraphin. Being that you'll lose a PG, pick Vas. High TOs though, if you can deal with that.

I need to unload Pau soon, i don't see him producing numbers this season like he's produced in the past. Lakers lackluster play as well as being on a loaded team, tendinitis, etc. I know it's early in the season but i'm impatient.

hickson vs washington without a doubt. that team is terrible. val is playing memphis and he really isnt producing much so definitely go with jj

Two leagues maybe somebody can help. It's yahoo h2h and my first one I trying to decide if I should pick up Aminu.  Candidates to be dropped would be Leonard (just picked him up), Vucevic, Robin Lopez or Harrison Barnes.  Second league I'm trying to decide if I should grab Vucevic. Candidates to be dropped are Bynum, Dirk (both of whom I've been deciding up to this point to hold on to), Dunleavy, Valanciunas, Larry Sanders, Leonard (who I also just grabbed in this league; actually think I dropped Beal in both for him, I don't know if that would be considered a good or bad move but I ultimately chose him because he shoots so much for such a low percentage) or lastly Ramon Sessions.  Waiver wire on both guys goes through tonight thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Two leagues maybe somebody can help. It's yahoo h2h and my first one I trying to decide if I should pick up Aminu.  Candidates to be dropped would be Leonard (just picked him up), Vucevic, Robin Lopez or Harrison Barnes.  Second league I'm trying to decide if I should grab Vucevic. Candidates to be dropped are Bynum, Dirk (both of whom I've been deciding up to this point to hold on to), Dunleavy, Valanciunas, Larry Sanders, Leonard (who I also just grabbed in this league; actually think I dropped Beal in both for him, I don't know if that would be considered a good or bad move but I ultimately chose him because he shoots so much for such a low percentage) or lastly Ramon Sessions.  Waiver wire on both guys goes through tonight thanks for any input.
people you should drop for aminu ASAP:

vuc

lopez

post your teams and your FA's. you can essentially drop vuc,lopez,val, sanders if there are good players in your FA.

also definitely do NOT drop ramon sessions

people you should drop for aminu ASAP:

vuc

lopez

post your teams and your FA's. you can essentially drop vuc,lopez,val, sanders if there are good players in your FA.

also definitely do NOT drop ramon sessions
Well I'm not interested in dropping for anybody else in free agency for either league but I appreciate your help.  Mostly having trouble judging the value in order for the guys you've mentioned.  I like being good at the waiver wire but so far it's been a little more difficult for me than fantasy football.  In the league I was going to pick up Vucevic the guys I didn't mention are:

Westbrook

Thornton

ginobili

millsap

batum

thad young

In the other league I didn't mention:

Kobe

Love

conley

afflalo

pierce

boozer

garnett

t. chandler

thad young

Should I trade Ibaka and Kemba for JSmoove and TP?

Also, Darren Collison for Rubio? I have Kyrie, Felton, and either Kemba or TP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom