2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
just like CP3 gets passes when he has a more stacked team

oh well

Neither should get a pass, but neither should be slandered either. Winning in the NBA is hard. Takes an incredible amount of good fortune. Both KD and CP lost to some incredibly good teams. Championship contenders for sure. It's not that black and white.

Not everyone thinks its splitting hairs. That's the point. Most think Phil is bar none the goat. Pop has a very strong case, that gets stronger every year seemingly.
I just feel like what Phil was able to do, with multiple franchises, especially his 2nd tenure with LA, Kobe, Shaq, MJ, and Pip makes him the GOAT.

Fixed that for you. And nah, it makes him a great coach who was very very fortunate.

900x900px-LL-114acb4f_pass.png

What if durant has the same career as George Gervin? I see that in his future.

There should be no more passes for KD and I'm a fan of the guy. His time is now and he didnt' make it happen. If everyone else is gonna get criticized then so should he.

People continuing to use Russy as a scapegoat crack me up.

Adams played 12 mins
Lamb got 6 mins
Collison played 2 mins
PJIII played 10 seconds

Brooks 6 man rotation in an elimination OT game. :lol:

Not everyone thinks its splitting hairs. That's the point. Most think Phil is bar none the goat. Pop has a very strong case, that gets stronger every year seemingly.
Those people are championship reductionists.

Tough for me to really believe that someone watching basketball closely could think that Phil or Pop is significantly better than another.
Exactly how I've felt for a long time. Just seems like Phil gets the MJ "better than anybody else who ever did it" treatment when someone else is showing us greatness.

what a great game tho. Congrats to the Spurs fans and big ups to the Thunder fans.

Huge Lebron fan, but I hate the other Heat players.. thus I will be rooting for the Spurs in Finals.

I just feel like what Phil was able to do, with multiple franchises, especially his 2nd tenure with LA, Kobe, Shaq, MJ, and Pip makes him the GOAT.

Fixed that for you. And nah, it makes him a great coach who was very very fortunate.

how many rings did jordan, pippen, kobe, and shaq win without phil?

Pops interview.. How could you not want to play for him.. Just seems focused and knows how to get the best out of his players..

Now a good time to discuss Pop vs Phil or nah?

I mean your splitting hairs, at that point it comes down to preference.

I'm a Pop guy.

Pop is now and Phil is 10+ years ago it seems so, Pop is winning on relevance only. As soon as Knicks(if) become relevant, ppl will be like POP who?

Miami and SAS were the only ones prepared to play every possible lineup combination, everyone on the roster played in the regular season. you know what all you "we only play our best guys" and "we don't play rookies", blah blah blah, Take a lesson for the conference champions.

You have to use the regular season to figure out what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom