2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bd-3glsCYAEcDBe.jpg:large

Sure they'd be helpful but only in nominal ways, not the impact you're making it out to be. The best argument being rehabbing. But in a league where ACL's are tearing faster than warmup pants you'll be hardpressed to make that argument correlate to the MASSIVE increase in output production baseball players who used received. Putting on weight and recovering quickly isn't going to make your jumper better, or your handle, or your court awareness, etc etc. Which at the end of the day, is what its all about. There isn't a steroid yet made that will do for Toney Douglas what it did for Melky Cabrera.
You could have said "Steroids won't help you hit a baseball better, just harder."

But for someone who already has special skills or talent, being able to be stronger and faster on the court could be a huge advantage.

Barry Bonds was already a great player because of his game ability.  But the strength given to him by PEDs made him arguably the greatest of all time.
See but that's the thing, it doesn't just help you hit the ball harder. It increases your bat speed, which allows you to not only hit for power but also for percentage. And for pitchers I don't even need to explain what enhanced power/recovery can do. I can't think of one correlating benefit that could apply to the actual skill of basketball. Yeah it could help but nowhere near the same level. It's not going to give a guy like KD better range on his jumpshot, a quicker release or more handle. Remember when everyone thought KD wouldn't be able to compete at an elite level because he was so thin? Yeah, how'd that work out? Lol. Furthermore, recovery is way more of an issue in baseball than it is in basketball. Not recovery from injury but day to day recovery. Not even two weeks ago Kevin McHale, a Hall of Famer, scoffed at the idea of fatigue being a worthwhile issue. So like I said, basketball is not baseball.

As someone who may or may not have used PEDs. I can say that it did not make me a better basketball player whatsoever :lol: :rofl:

For lack of a better word it is flat out dumb to say peds can't help a hooper. If that's the case neither do supplements, or exercise, or practice. Stuff like adderall would likely improve your jumper since it improves concentration

i'm glad people with NBA TV are getting to see how little help DMC gets from the rest of his team.  Which is why his teams poor record should not be counted against him when talking about him as the best Center or making a case for him as an All-Star

Random ish, but I watched Bill and Jalen's podcast where Jalen predicted that MJ would come back and play one game at the age of 50…Just for fun, if he did come back and played one game today, how many points do you think he'll score? 
nerd.gif

As someone who may or may not have used PEDs. I can say that it did not make me a better basketball player whatsoever
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Lol. Expound
nerd.gif

For lack of a better word it is flat out dumb to say peds can't help a hooper. If that's the case neither do supplements, or exercise, or practice. Stuff like adderall would likely improve your jumper since it improves concentration
No one said it wouldn't help. The argument is that it wouldn't help in ways comparable to baseball. Like I said earlier, it's not taking Toney Douglas to the top the way it did Melky Cabrera.

I don't think that's the argument. I think PEDs could have a very strong impact in basketball in a different way.

Random ish, but I watched Bill and Jalen's podcast where Jalen predicted that MJ would come back and play one game at the age of 50…Just for fun, if he did come back and played one game today, how many points do you think he'll score? 
nerd.gif
4 on 1-9 shooting

the person he's guarding would get a career high

And for every Melky Cabrera and Roger Clemens, there's a Jack Cust and Kent Mercker. So let's just not use the MLB players who got "better" because of steroids.

I'm not getting into that though :lol: all I need is for Chester to come in here and dump on baseball. I'm sure Osh is working up a post :lol: :smile:

Lol. Expound :nerd:

No one said it wouldn't help. The argument is that it wouldn't help in ways comparable to baseball. Like I said earlier, it's not taking Toney Douglas to the top the way it did Melky Cabrera.
I don't get what that means. If you play basketball then yea peds aren't gonna help your bat speed. It's the difference between toney Douglas being in the nba or shanghai and bonds being the goat or honorable mention.

Peds/supplements aren't specific to a certain skill. It enhances everything you do as far as training and thus everything you do on the court. Being able to lift even just an extra 20 pounds is the difference between finishing or not finishing thru contact, having a faster first step, higher vertical...I mean everything bro

Last edited:
So Roy Hibbert is the best defensive big man in the league right? Because he is getting straight cooked by DMC

even though he made the shot i would be mad at thornton for shooting that 3 when cousins was cutting for an open dunk

Yikes. 31/12 for DMC through 3 quarters.

He is severely outplaying Hibbert. SAC just needs someone else to shake loose, which will be tough against the league's best defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom