2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping Portland would take Durant and the Sonics could put Oden with Rashard and Ray.

Maybe we don't all remember how great Durant was in college. Like he didn't win player of the year and was the first freshman to do so. Like he didn't average 26 and 11. Like there was a legit player comparison you could make because you had seen anything like him before.

I remember a website calling him a tmac/dirk hybrid.

Mase.gif

Did Oden suit up tonight?
nerd.gif
Wouldn't you know? Weren't you a Heat fan several months ago?

Maybe we don't all remember how great Durant was in college. Like he didn't win player of the year and was the first freshman to do so. Like he didn't average 26 and 11. Like there was a legit player comparison you could make because you had seen anything like him before.

I remember a website calling him a tmac/dirk hybrid.

Mase.gif

yeah thats the point, Oden and Durant were BOTH insanely good prospects.

yeah thats the point, Oden and Durant were BOTH insanely good prospects.
They were.  A lot of people figured a franchise center was more valuable than a wing, which is the decision Portland made.

Also, Oden was the next #1 pick since high school.

I was hoping Portland would take Durant and the Sonics could put Oden with Rashard and Ray.

Never would have happened. Once Clay Bennett knew he had that second pick, it was game on for tanking. They didn't even bother fighting to keep Rashard, flipped Ray Allen for a high lottery pick, and the rest is history.

Man 99 out of 100 times everyone takes Oden.

You give Seattle the first pick and they taken Oden.

A big man will always win, unless it's a talent like Lebron.

Or don't you guys already hear the rumblings about how Embid goes #1 over your Wiggins
eyes.gif
Hell I'm on that hype train, I'd take Embiid #1 right now.

Never would have happened. Once Clay Bennett knew he had that second pick, it was game on for tanking. They didn't even bother fighting to keep Rashard, flipped Ray Allen for a high lottery pick, and the rest is history.
Yeah, I know that now.  But at the time I was naively optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom