2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm flat out amazed that you can average 20/10 and lead the league in blocked shots & fail to make the all star team, even with a losing record. 20/10 & #1 in the league in blocks should be an automatic appearance.

Stephenson leading the league in triple doubles, a MAJOR factor on a team with the league's best record, & he doesn't get in.

Yikes.
that's because they took their 12 and 8 on 45% shooting center too. Someone tell Chuck San Antonio isn't the #1 seed also like he keeps alluding to
So a team playing .800 ball can't get 3 all stars?
I'm flat out amazed that you can average 20/10 and lead the league in blocked shots & fail to make the all star team, even with a losing record. 20/10 & #1 in the league in blocks should be an automatic appearance.

Stephenson leading the league in triple doubles, a MAJOR factor on a team with the league's best record, & he doesn't get in.

Yikes.
that's because they took their 12 and 8 on 45% shooting center too. Someone tell Chuck San Antonio isn't the #1 seed also like he keeps alluding to
So a team playing .800 ball can't get 3 all stars?
Thunder are playing .787 ball (to Indiana's .795) in an obviously tougher conference and got 1. Add to that the entertainment factor, and I'm all about Lance getting the spot and we'll reward them by giving them 2.

Last edited:

Swear dudes don't read in here.

It's not about him not "having enough help." It's about him NOT having the OVERLY exaggerated GREAT team of talent you and the other haters seem to say he has. I mean you got dudes in here saying Wade has been greater than Westbrook. LMAO! That ALONE lets me know all i need to know.
He does have a great team though.  It doesn't invalidate his success, but they've been one of the most talented (if not THE) rosters in the NBA the past 4 seasons.
the lakers had one of the most talented rosters last season but no one played up to expectations except for kobe, it happens
They were too top heavy to be the one of the "most talented rosters".
mean.gif
we had 4 future hall of famers, one of the greatest defenders of all time and all 5 of the guys in our starting lineup were all stars

Wow man
laugh.gif
that's all you got to say? Explain what makes Miami outside of Bron and Bosh so spectacular?
Wade is still a great shooting guard despite coasting through the regular season?   Bosh is awesome?  They have a perfect complement of role players?  

Last edited:
all this questioning of Dirk's all star vote should end now. the mavs are in the playoff hunt and he's flirting with 50/40/90. he's almost at 22ppg. watch a mavs game and see how effective Dirk is on the floor.

AD will have his time. Cousins too. but neither of them are having the same impact on the game Dirk is having right now.

and LeGoran should get Kobe's spot.

what leads you to believe that he doesnt want the responsibility after leading his team to two straight championships and taking over multiple playoff games?
i thought we talkin about this season tho, he said himself he need wade in the lineup
of course he wants the second best player on the team to play, but lebron is still going to take responsibillity and lead his team to wins regardless of if wade is playing or not

You aren't getting it
laugh.gif
look at their supporting cast right now

Battier ain't trash right now? Ray Allen ain't trash right now? What does Birdman give you? Energy yes but actual production not that much. UD ain't Trash? Oden isn't Oden? Beasley isn't subpar? Come on man.
WTF said that they were supposed to be spectactular 24/7?

When you have THREE ALL STARS on your team....why on earth would you hold the rest of the team to their standards? Are Shane Battier and Ray Allen supposed to shooting 60% from three? Is Birdman supposed to be giving you a double-double every night? Is Beasley SUPPOSED to be giving you 20 off the bench?

FOH. They're the 2nd seed in the conference...which they've been every year in the Lebron era except for last year. They're 32-13 and are CLEARLY out there coasting every night.

Come playoff time when Ray Allen bails out Lebron (Again) or D-Wade pulls out another vintage D-Wade performance when they need it...or Battier goes there and shoots lights out...I want ya'll to come in here and tell me how "mediocre" they were during the REGULAR SEASON.

Why isn't Wade deserving of an All Star Spot?

Better yet, why does Lance and Lowry deserve a spot over Wade?
For 1 they actually play every game. 2 lance leads the league in triple doubles and is a straight stay stuffer. Lowry is the man behind a team we assumed would have Milwaukee record right now. How does wade deserve a spot over those 2? And I'm not just picking on wade I feel Joe johnson doesn't deserve it either

Fans getting the snub voting right on the money with AD and DMC tied.  they should both take Kobe and CP3 spot

what leads you to believe that he doesnt want the responsibility after leading his team to two straight championships and taking over multiple playoff games?
i thought we talkin about this season tho, he said himself he need wade in the lineup
of course he wants the second best player on the team to play, but lebron is still going to take responsibillity and lead his team to wins regardless of if wade is playing or not
ok so when he wins he's leading and when he loses its not his fault? i think i got it now

WTF said that they were supposed to be spectactular 24/7?

When you have THREE ALL STARS on your team....why on earth would you hold the rest of the team to their standards? Are Shane Battier and Ray Allen supposed to shooting 60% from three? Is Birdman supposed to be giving you a double-double every night? Is Beasley SUPPOSED to be giving you 20 off the bench?

FOH. They're the 2nd seed in the conference...which they've been every year in the Lebron era except for last year. They're 32-13 and are CLEARLY out there coasting every night.

Come playoff time when Ray Allen bails out Lebron (Again) or D-Wade pulls out another vintage D-Wade performance when they need it...or Battier goes there and shoots lights out...I want ya'll to come in here and tell me how "mediocre" they were during the REGULAR SEASON.

Aye, even if we were to agree and say that all that you said was true,

Ray Allen is still Bunz right now
Shane is still Bunz right now
Haslem is still Cheeks right now
Oden is still cheeks right now
James Jones doesn't play
Noris Cole is still below average right now
Birdman is still cheeks right now
Rashard Lewis? Cheeks
Rodger Mason? Super Cheeks

You can talk about what they'll do in the playoffs but right now? Those guys are pretty close to trash i'm sorry :lol: Wade has been unreliable as far as being their every night, so what does that leave you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom