2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a team ever trailed by 40+ in back to back nights?

Last edited:
:rofl: nah sixers def need more than just those 3. Their is no franchise players in next years draft that has the potential to be KD or Lebron level imo. So they need to keep building. But having say MCW / Bari / Noels would be a nice start. But you need to somehow get vets that are all star ability also. Unless your OKC and get lucky/draft amazing.

I mean...you can basically guarantee them getting atleast one of Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Embiid or Exum. They aren't gonna drop out of the top 5. Then they can add another guy in that 10-12 region most likely with the Pelicans pick.
Getting Randle is a big drop off from the rest of the guys you mentioned

Very minor news but found this interesting.
 The Boston Celtics got a little creative in the signing of Chris Johnson to a multiyear contract on Friday.

While it's similar to a minimum deal, Boston actually inked Johnson to a four-year pact using part of what remains of the midlevel exception while signing him for the remainder of the season and three additional years.

The breakdown of salary:
2013-14: $320K
2014-15: $915K
2015-16: $981K
2016-17: $1.1 million
The final three years are all nonguaranteed and the final two seasons have fully-guaranteed trigger dates (Sept. 1 in 2015 and 2016). Boston also holds a team option on that 2016-17 season.

The Celtics are protecting themselves a bit with a lengthy deal, keeping Johnson under their control long term should he emerge as a viable role player. And if their roster fills up and he's not part of their future, Boston has the potential to cut bait or use him as a trade asset.

Boston previously used a portion of its midlevel exception to sign Vitor Faverani and Phil Pressey to similarly structured low-risk multiyear pacts (both Pressey and Faverani signed three years deals, with qualifying offers looming in 2016-17 that could keep them here even longer).
Non guaranteed contracts ain't anything new and you can only get away with this on certain tier of players...but Danny Ainge is out here working magic g.

Gerald Wallace's deal is really the only tough **** left for him to maneuver around.

^^4 yrs, huh.....thats an olympiad..a presidential term. A long time, bruh.

But did u at least remember dana barros' 50 spot?

It's funny because 3 games in I remember Yahoo! Sports had the 76ers atop their power rankings.

I did a triple take when I saw that final score tonight, :lol:

^^4 yrs, huh.....thats an olympiad..a presidential term. A long time, bruh.

But did u at least remember dana barros' 50 spot?
I'm light skinned and I had a fade in the 90's.  Dana Barros was my role model.

Put that in perspective tho... Our best players during that time were Dana Barros, Tim Perry, Armen Gilliam, Clarence Weatherspoon and Hersey Hawkins...

Last edited:
Fun Fact:

Only two teams in history have lost back to back games by 40+ points.

The 2013-14 Philadelphia 76ers

and

The 1993-94 Philadelphia 76ers

You all can keep your 60 win seasons.  No one remembers that.  These are the stats of legend.  We're all about tradition in Philadelphia.

Last edited:

Put that in perspective tho... Our best players during that time were Dana Barros, Tim Perry, Armen Gilliam, Clarence Weatherspoon and Hersey Hawkins...

Yeah, dana was a scorer. Dont forget the other Barkley trade pieces-jeff hornacek and andrew lang! Lol.

But, man, thats alot of yrs of fandom and heartbreak. Just make sure u prepare yourself for the hypebeast wiggins/parker crowd the next few yrs. Theyll compete.

Fun Fact:

and

You all can keep your 60 win seasons.  No one remembers that.  These are the stats of legend.  We're all about tradition in Philadelphia.

Don't forget 9-73!

The Sixers got me looking at some of the worst teams ever. Look at the '93 Mavs.

ngu8h2.jpg

They lost by 20+ points 26 times. Damn near a third of their season. 
laugh.gif

They lost by 15+ points 44 times. 
eek.gif

laugh.gif

They lost one game by 58 points. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Yeah, dana was a scorer. Dont forget the other Barkley trade pieces-jeff hornacek and andrew lang! Lol.

But, man, thats alot of yrs of fandom and heartbreak. Just make sure u prepare yourself for the hypebeast wiggins/parker crowd the next few yrs. Theyll compete.
Can't be worse than the Iverson years.  Oh I had a ton of friends then.  Now they got me feeling like Lenny Cooke.  No one returns my calls and no one comes to visit.

Fun Fact:

and

Don't forget 9-73!
How could I forget?  That's our crown jewel.

Can't be worse than the Iverson years.  Oh I had a ton of friends then.  Now they got me feeling like Lenny Cooke.  No one returns my calls and no one comes to visit.

How could I forget?  That's our crown jewel.

Whoops, didn't catch on that you were a Sixers fan lol

The Sixers got me looking at some of the worst teams ever. Look at the '93 Mavs.

ngu8h2.jpg

They lost by 20+ points 26 times. Damn near a third of their season. :lol:

They lost by 15+ points 44 times. :wow:  :lol:

They lost one game by 58 points. :lol:

Yeah, that Mavs team was GARBAGE. And they only won 13 games the following season. I remember that. They had ugly uniforms, a garbage squad. They had NOTHING going for them.

:rofl: nah sixers def need more than just those 3. Their is no franchise players in next years draft that has the potential to be KD or Lebron level imo. So they need to keep building. But having say MCW / Bari / Noels would be a nice start. But you need to somehow get vets that are all star ability also. Unless your OKC and get lucky/draft amazing.

They're gonna draft Embiid, btw. Move Noel to the 4 & hope he becomes a (potentially) rich man's Serge Ibaka & build the team around Embiid. He'll be the best player from the draft, perennial all star, future top 5 player, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom