2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure oj mayo was a free agent. They could've easily freed up space to add him to the roster if they wanted to.

HE SIGNED FOR 8 MILLION. where do you clear enough to sign 8 million with 60 million + tied up in Boozer, Deng, Noah, and Rose? is he gonna throw away 15 million and sign with us for 3? because the mini mle is what we had to give. Might've traded taj for him and then be stuck with bigs consisting of Noah, Boozer, and Nazr... and thats it.... terrible move. It probably wasnt going to happen and it didnt. this isnt nba 2k...

U just contradicted yourself.

Ok? they could've picked up another decent big.

That not their weakness. Their weakness is the 2 guard spot.

Obviously I'm not saying they should've done this. But if they wanted mayo they could've picked him up.

What about a sign and trade type situation?

Like I said before it's possible.

I mentioned how at 8 million taj would have been the likely candidate... but Dallas has to want taj and the bulls front line would be DECIMATED. Would be a lateral move at best for the bulls. so it is a moot point.

There was no real scenario where OJ coming to chicago works AND makes the bulls better.

Pretty sure oj mayo was a free agent. They could've easily freed up space to add him to the roster if they wanted to.

Do you know what the salary cap is? Do you know how it works? Do you know how the NBA's free agency works? Or do you not have enough time to look into it with all the trolling you do?

You obviously don't.

You just asked me the same question in 3 different ways.

:lol: nah I understand it, I just phrased the question 3 different ways to make sure you understood it. I was a little unsure if just one way would do the trick.

I'll help you out:

The Chicago Bulls are heading into the 2013 offseason sitting in the red of the NBA's luxury tax. With $77,989,266 in total contracts for next year, Chicago will need to lose some dead weight just to ensure they will not have to pay a tax penalty. Dealing Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, or both, could free up enough liquid cash to not only get under the luxury tax threshold, but also give the Bulls money to spend this offseason.

The league's salary cap is set at just over $58 million per season, but there are so many loopholes and workarounds to this cap number that only the Charlotte Bobcats, Sacramento Kings and Houston Rockets officially made it under the cap last season. In fact, the Los Angeles Lakers paid over $100 million in salaries for 2012-2013, so that salary cap is really just a theoretical line for most clubs.

For the Bulls, they will get roughly $5 million worth of salary relief by not exercising the team options on Richard Hamilton and Malcolm Thomas. Even after cutting their contracts from the payroll, the Bulls will still be over $2 million north of the luxury tax line with their guaranteed player salaries for next season -- and this is before trying to re-sign free agents Marco Belinelli or Nate Robinson.

Near the luxury tax = well over the salary cap = not able to offer free agents contracts at their own will without getting underneath the salary cap threshold.

Obviously I'm not saying they should've done this. But if they wanted mayo they could've picked him up.

Teams dont fix weaknesses by weakening another aspect :lol:

with no frontcourt depth this bulls team would not be a contender... hell even with taj our frontcourt depth is a problem.

I mentioned how at 8 million taj would have been the likely candidate... but Dallas has to want taj and the bulls front line would be DECIMATED. Would be a lateral move at best for the bulls. so it is a moot point.

There was no real scenario where OJ coming to chicago works AND makes the bulls better.

Well I guess the last resort is doing what Prok did...

what is up with tyreke evans? doesnt help with culture in sacramento and playing out of position, but i thought this kid was going to be special. how is he doing early in the season with the pelicans, what is his role?

for real man, what he's done in his career is unheard of. dude averaged 20ppg, 5.8 ast, 4.8rbs AS A ROOKIE?! And his numbers have significantly dropped every year to the point where he's not even a starter anymore????

8.8 ppg as of today?? damb for real what the heck happened to this dude? Normally even if a dude is on a bummy team for years, they at least continue to ball out and put up numbers. A.I., Garnett, etc. etc. the list goes on. Who is the Kings fan on this board that can shed some light?

what is up with tyreke evans? doesnt help with culture in sacramento and playing out of position, but i thought this kid was going to be special. how is he doing early in the season with the pelicans, what is his role?

for real man, what he's done in his career is unheard of. dude averaged 20ppg, 5.8 ast, 4.8rbs AS A ROOKIE?! And his numbers have significantly dropped every year to the point where he's not even a starter anymore????

8.8 ppg as of today?? damb for real what the heck happened to this dude? Normally even if a dude is on a bummy team for years, they at least continue to ball out and put up numbers. A.I., Garnett, etc. etc. the list goes on. Who is the Kings fan on this board that can shed some light?
I dunno, usually everyone just blames the city of Sacramento for any Kings player that isn't playing up to their potential and wish them a better situation.

So I guess we can just blame it on Sac and give Tyreke a pass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Idk why there's so much slander on Rose anyone that took a yr off would be doing the same or worse

Peyton manning? Oh wait thats football

Michael jordan? Oh wait thats jordan cant compare

dominique wilkins?

Grant hill? Missed 3 yrs put up 20 5 &3

Amare stoudemire?missed the whole 05-06 came back 20 & 9.6

Miss me with the rust

Also, I was ogling at Paul George's hot start so far this season and then realized that Lebron has been putting up those numbers, and then some, since his 2nd year in the league :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teams dont fix weaknesses by weakening another aspect :lol:

with no frontcourt depth this bulls team would not be a contender... hell even with taj our frontcourt depth is a problem.

Taj isn't as good as u think he is.

Chi not going anywhere though. 1st round.

I read that they are trying to trade deng.

Idk why there's so much slander on Rose anyone that took a yr off would be doing the same or worse

dominique wilkins?

Miss me with the rust

Did they tear an ACL?!?? And those players how many of em you listed needs there legs for the same explosiveness as Rose needs...do I need to continue about how teams are fouling tf outta him his FTA is wayyyyyyy too low what happened to the superstar label?!?!...

The Bulls might've been able to come close to falling beneath the salary cap by trading Deng and his contract... but they weren't gonna do that for the opportunity to sign OJ Mayo :lol:

Did they tear an ACL?!?? And those players how many of em you listed needs there legs for the same explosiveness as Rose needs...do I need to continue about how teams are fouling tf outta him his FTA is wayyyyyyy too low what happened to the superstar label?!?!...

He is def forcing it a bit too much and not playing well... but you are absolutely correct... the lack of ft's is troubling. he is driving and getting hit seemingly every play and not getting the call.

He is def forcing it a bit too much and not playing well... but you are absolutely correct... the lack of ft's is troubling. he is driving and getting hit seemingly every play and not getting the call.

Right!!! I've watched all the bulls gms this season and I'm like wth man dude getting HACKEDDDDD

Taj isn't as good as u think he is.

Chi not going anywhere though. 1st round.

I read that they are trying to trade deng.

we beat your team with a decimated squad... and now we are a first round exit? :rofl:

Yeah chi round
First round exit.

U forgot about the additions BKN made in the offseason? While Chicago got rid of the 2 guys who were only ones hitting peremiter shots for them bellineli and Nate.

CHi offense better without rose.

If they kept bellineli they be better.

But pierce KG kirelenko terry and Anderson gon make a hugeeee difference come playoff time.

Last edited:
Throw jimmy @ the 3 trade deng for rondo

Rondo/rose/jimmy/booz/noah>>>>indy

kgface.gif

dominique wilkins?

Miss me with the rust

Adrian Peterson

Russel Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom