2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, if you wanna say they're similar right now that's fine. I was just pointing out the difference between Beal as a 'prospect' and Mayo as a 'prospect'..
Obviously he's not there yet, I'm just saying that the tools are there for him. Of course he has more work to do, on Wizards blogs/messageboards the main thing people talk about wanting to see from him is improvement on ballhandling and creating his own shot. His turnovers are high right now because he's handling the ball a lot more than he had in the past (similar to how Oladipo has high TOs at the moment), if that doesn't go down over time it will be a troubling trend. But the most promising thing about him is the pure jumpshot + bball IQ. Not trying to sound like a stan but even opposing commentators (sometimes when I stream Wiz games I get the other team's broadcast) frequently comment on how much he reminds them of Ray Allen because of his ability to move without the ball and score within the flow of the offense.

Repping you, good points made and good discussion.

Thanks my guy, It's always fun to have some good educated dialogue. Repped as well. But yeah, I don't even see Mayo as a prospect. He's 26. He may breakout this year and change course, but in all likelihood he is who he is. However Beal is 20 years of age, so his ceiling is high as hell. But that doesn't guarantee that he'll become who we think he has a chance to become. At the same age, OJ was putting up 20 a game as a rookie and was being hailed as the future of the 2 guard position. So while Beal has the potential to end up better than Mayo, IMO I'm on the fence about it because players normally don't go from low volume Free throw attempts to high. We'll see though.

The Ray Allen comparison can happen, but we can't forget that Ray Allen in Milwaukee and Seatlle had some really good athleticism, was good off the bounce as well as spot up shooting and shooting off screens. Between his seatlle and milwaukee days, Ray got to the line an average of 5 times a game. That's huge for a 2 guard's overall scoring production. I see the FTAs the last hurdle for Beal to become a top tier 2 in the L. Because if he gets to the line more, that means he's attacking more, and his playmaking for others will be an inevitable bi-product of that. Hopefully he takes that step. i wanna see it. He's a favorite of mine.

The Kings should have drafted Noel to play alongside Cousins. They need an all-defense type of guy that isn't gonna demand touches on offense next to him or he's never gonna fully work out. Wiggins or Parker would both just be more guys that are gonna want to score the ball. They should go for Embiid if they get a pick outside the top 3.
How would they draft him if he went before they picked?

Also in consideration of most YOLO

ab6.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

The Kings should have drafted Noel to play alongside Cousins. They need an all-defense type of guy that isn't gonna demand touches on offense next to him or he's never gonna fully work out. Wiggins or Parker would both just be more guys that are gonna want to score the ball. They should go for Embiid if they get a pick outside the top 3.

How would they draft him if he went before they picked?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he? :lol: welp...Steven Adams would have been a good fit but that would have been a reach that early.

nah im not down with Noel. and im super happy with McLemore. 

but yes, the Kings DO need a defense first big man, which is why all of us Kings fans wanted Drummond last year, not T-Rob, but we got Maloofed

Lance Stephenson totally proved me wrong.

Granted I thought he was a good bargain as a 2nd rounder and wanted the Wizards to grab. I didn't think he'd be this good EVER let alone this good in year 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom