2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic played his entire career with the 3-point line. The first year of threes was also Magic & Bird's rookie year. Unless you mean they didn't shoot nearly as many threes back then because that's true.
Yes. The "game" was different. It's why I mentioned, he himself shot fewer than 50 every year for 9 years, then the last 3 the game opened up, and he started shooting them like crazy.
No, that's not what you mentioned.

You mentioned per game.

eek.gif

Attempts back then were 3-4-5 a game. Today, it's 3-4-5 a possession sometimes.
laugh.gif
Eddie House and JR Smith be like: "And?"

Are the Clips wearing their tshirt jerseys already!! Looks like CP3 is wearing a long sleeve under the shirt jersey

Magic played his entire career with the 3-point line. The first year of threes was also Magic & Bird's rookie year. Unless you mean they didn't shoot nearly as many threes back then because that's true.

Not shooting nearly as many threes is quite an understatement lol. The three-point shot was never very popular throughout the '80s.

Can't think of another player in all my years of watching the NBA who was less deserving of an NBA roster spot than Chris Smith.

Still don't understand why that franchise holds the Smith brothers in such high regard.

Dolan likes black people that make him feel cool. It's that simple. If you are back and kiss his *** you are gooooood.

I blame ESPN. Front page had the article, I just didn't think anyone would actually buy into it.

My bad. :lol:

I said that before I ever saw the article because I had already been thinking about it

Last edited:
in 86-87 (when magic averaged 24ppg 12 apg and 6 reb) the lakers averaged 118 ppg which was second in the league.
the same year, the washington bullets averaged 102 ppg which was 22nd out of 23 teams

my question is this: was the defense in the 80s really better than it is currently? yeah you could hand check, yeah you could throw the hands, yeah no one flopped.

in 86-87 (when magic averaged 24ppg 12 apg and 6 reb) the lakers averaged 118 ppg which was second in the league.
the same year, the washington bullets averaged 102 ppg which was 22nd out of 23 teams

my question is this: was the defense in the 80s really better than it is currently? yeah you could hand check, yeah you could throw the hands, yeah no one flopped.

Pace.

No dribbling for 20 seconds before iso'ing a jumper. Teams had more possessions, etc.

Hence me saying that to argue cross generation is difficult, 3 point line for one, pace for the other, etc.

Like arguing Shaq vs Russell.

Not shooting nearly as many threes is quite an understatement lol. The three-point shot was never very popular throughout the '80s.
I know, I just skimmed CP's post quickly (I'll read the whole thing later) and read this line
The 3 point line didn't even join his era til midway thru his career.
But I should've known what he meant. CP was probably out of college when they added the three-point line, he probably remembers it well.

Pace.

No dribbling for 20 seconds before iso'ing a jumper. Teams had more possessions, etc.

Hence me saying that to argue cross generation is difficult, 3 point line for one, pace for the other, etc.

Like arguing Shaq vs Russell.

i completely understand that. that's why i'm growing into not comparing players across eras. the game is totally different

The schemes (on both sides of the ball) were far less complex than they are today. Remove zone defenses, and you have a much more open and free style that was more uptempo.

With the amount of talent and offensive weapons that are in the game today, if zoning up was illegal in today's game the pace IMO would mirror that of the 80's

Not even gonna lie though, Magic in 91' is extremely impressive, considering the severe lack of talent my goodness.

How old is CP? :nerd: Y'all always clown his age and i've for all this time have never known his exact age :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom