2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derrick Rose to have surgery Monday. Bulls can't give a timetable for a return until they know what was done in surgery. Return time frames for meniscus surgery is historically variable. Seeing as how the Rose camp is leaning towards reattaching the meniscus (as opposed to trimming it) the time frame is likely to lean towards six months or more.

Wait so Kareem was slow and unathletic? You ever see guys like Roy Hibbert?

And Bird would eat. Look at a guy like Dirk or even David West. Bird could play on the block like West, had the perimeter game of Dirk and was a better rebounder and passer than either of them.

There are plenty of less athletic guys that eat in today's NBA. Dirk, West, Love, CP3 (not a bad athlete of course), Hibbert, Pierce, Klay, Melo (not a bad athlete, but Bird put up buckets on guys with his level of athleticim.

I mean lets be real, Bird used to eat against Pippen, and he was a supreme athlete

The Wizards score 105.4 points per 100 possessions when Wall on the court , meaning that they score as well as almost any team in the league with Wall running the show. When he sits, that number plummets to an atrocious 82. Despite his poor individual shooting, Wall's presence this season has essentially meant the difference between Washington having one of the best offenses in the NBA and one that would be lucky to crack 80 points on a nightly basis.

Link

:pimp:

I really doubt the players from the past would have the ability to get to the mid-range and get off their shot. Their lack of athleticism and advance ball handling skill will stop that from happening. Then you factor in how most of them probably don't have nba range, I don't see how they would fair well in today's game.

Can you please explain how NBA players dont have NBA range?

I'm still not a believer in wall, he was going up against udrih/prigs and the game before that lowry & he let kyrie put up 40 on him

Nah Wall is a better defender and actually makes plays for his teammates and is now showing the capacity to be a great scorer all from the point.

I'm taking Wall over Kyrie.

Only thing Kyrie does better than Wall is shoot and he hasn't been shooting as well this season anyway.

Wall has the edge athletically, defensively and pg skills wise

get Kidd all the way out the paint....should've paid his dues as an assistant like everybody else....dumbass Russian ruining the nets 

Nah Wall is a better defender and actually makes plays for his teammates and is now showing the capacity to be a great scorer all from the point.

I'm taking Wall over Kyrie.

Wall does have a top 5 sg on his team & a big man that can score consistently, give me the player that can step up & take over a game

When do we cue up the Avery Johnson and P.J. Carlesimo pics in reference to the Nets? :x

Kareem wouldn't be able to destroy the garbage that is today's NBA center with an almost unguardable shot.... Because... Ummmm....?

Skill and funememtals can do a lot against athleticism.and I don't even think you can consider him unathletic.

When do we cue up the Avery Johnson and P.J. Carlesimo pics in reference to the Nets? :x

aj.gif

Avery says bring em on

Curtis Jackson I mean Rodney stucky as a 6th man on another team wouldn't be so bad

As a ball fan I want the nets and knicks to do well and make the playoffs jus so the east could be fun to watch but god these dudes are terrible.

I'm gonna :lol: if another coach gets the ax w/ Deron Williams as his PG.

If the job is offered to Pat Ewing, does he take it? Pat Ewing coaching a team in BK....kinda strange, but he's LONG overdue for a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom