2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kareem wouldn't be able to destroy the garbage that is today's NBA center with an almost unguardable shot.... Because... Ummmm....?

Skill and funememtals can do a lot against athleticism.and I don't even think you can consider him unathletic.

Yeah, when he was 35+ he wasn't super athletic, but prior to that he was just as athletic or more so than today's centers. Kareem would kill if he was playing today.

I'm gonna :lol: if another coach gets the ax w/ Deron Williams as his PG.

If the job is offered to Pat Ewing, does he take it? Pat Ewing coaching a team in BK....kinda strange, but he's LONG overdue for a shot.
He won't get the job. Trust me :lol:
That would be nuts but it's not happening.

Russell Bird and Kareem would dominate in today's league. Carry plus extra steps it wouldn't be fair. The players today are more conditioned. With that being said basketball is and will forever be a team game. Fundamentals>Athleticisim

He won't get the job. Trust me
laugh.gif

That would be nuts but it's not happening.
They can't fire a first time ex-player and then hire another one like that.  Obviously Ewing deserves a shot, but he won't get it there.

George Karl maybe?  I guess he'd be a poor fit with that old, slow roster.

The real winners are the Celtics, probably going to end up with 2 picks in the top 10 of this loaded draft

The real winners are the Celtics, probably going to end up with 2 picks in the top 10 of this loaded draft
Brooklyn will still finish around .500 even at their worst.  The East is too terrible for anything else.

Brooklyn will still finish around .500 even at their worst.  The East is too terrible for anything else.

I have 0 belief in this team, they losing to bottom feeders at home too, I don't think this gets any better especially with D-Will's health being very suspect

I have 0 belief in this team, they losing to bottom feeders at home too, I don't think this gets any better especially with D-Will's health being very suspect
I know but it can't get any worse than it is right now and they will be forced to make a change if this continues.

I would add 1-3 inches to whatever Russell is now and that's probably what his height was in his prime. Variable depending on the person but we get shorter. I'm going to be a ****** in my 80s lol.

People do get slightly shorter has they get older, and have worst posture, and the difference in shoes. Not picking a side, just saying. It is not an exact science

Not to go back to this becauase I'm done discussing the past, but that's what I was trying to say. You can't really determine how tall someone is by referencing his height in comparison to a picture. Far too many inaccurate conclusions and variables that can be drawn to do so.

Yeah Kidd has to go as coach man. This ain't working out. He needs to be an assistant first.

*Jack Nicholson nodding and grinning gif*

By the way, it's funny to me that people think Bird wouldn't do well against today's athletes when he gave Dominique 40+ 5 times. Go watch the game when he put 60 on Nique's head and then tell me he wouldn't be **** today.

Not to go back to this becauase I'm done discussing the past, but that's what I was trying to say. You can't really determine how tall someone is by referencing his height in comparison to a picture. Far too many inaccurate conclusions and variables that can be drawn to do so.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267358

1955 Sports Illustrated:
6' 9 5/8": "Don't call me 6-foot-10, I'm enough of a goon as it is."

Thus explaining why he was listed 6-10 early in his career as a collegiate athlete and Olympic athlete, but only 6-9 as a professional.

Russell's measurements:

Height: 6-9.63
Sports Illustrated 1955

Wingspan: 7-4
The book: "The Rivalry"

Hand length: 10.5"

I REPEAT: BILL RUSSEL IS 6-10, TAKE THE L.

08515847a454470c492def31c7ad34c9e08a776.gif

Last edited:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267358

1955 Sports Illustrated:
6' 9 5/8": "Don't call me 6-foot-10, I'm enough of a goon as it is."

Thus explaining why he was listed 6-10 early in his career as a collegiate athlete and Olympic athlete, but only 6-9 as a professional.

Russell's measurements:

Height: 6-9.63
Sports Illustrated 1955

Wingspan: 7-4

Hand length: 10.5"

I REPEAT: BILL RUSSEL IS 6-10, TAKE THE L.
You have no chill :lol: it's not that serious. I wasn't even responding to you to just now. Alright, you know what, he's 6'10, you win damn :lol:

*Jack Nicholson nodding and grinning gif*

By the way, it's funny to me that people think Bird wouldn't do well against today's athletes when he gave Dominique 40+ 5 times. Go watch the game when he put 60 on Nique's head and then tell me he wouldn't be **** today.

Let them tell it and Nique isn't as athletic as guys today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom