2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Not sure what is written into it, but he agreed to an extension like a week ago...

Texas would be silly to chase anyone else though. They aren't getting Saban. Briles is awesome.

Inconsistencies in the gifts players get is frustrating its not even based on the importance of the Bowl either :smh:

Done following South Florida recruiting until NSD 
laugh.gif
. This **** gets crazy around this time every year. 

Inconsistencies in the gifts players get is frustrating its not even based on the importance of the Bowl either :smh:

It' based on sponsors. Sony is a sponsor for the Military Bowl, not a bad bowl to be tied into sponsorship wise based on the name alone. Cost nothing for Sony to write off 200 PS4's.

There is a cap on gifts and every bowl maximizes their cap, however, a Sony PS4 sounds more exciting than say an Ogio backpack. Still don't get why fans get salty about it, :lol:, you ain't touching that **** anyway. Players give away most of their stuff to friends and family, they don't really care.

I'm cool with the bowl lineup, some intriguing match ups I'm looking forward to

Clemson/Ohio State

Wisconsin/South Carolina

Fresno State/USC

Stanford/Michigan State

And of course my noles vs Auburn....any matchups anyone else looking forward to?

I think the max amount for the bowl gifts is a value of $550. I'd imagine that outside of the PS4, getting a $300-450 gift card is probably the best deal...it's like they're getting recruited all over again. :tongue: iPad mini or Galaxy 3 tablet is cool too, I know all Clemson players have iPads for watching film & everything (wonder if they'll step it up to the iPad Air soon). Kinda curious what's in the gift suites and I guess Ogio is the official supplier of NCAA backpacks.

Other than that it's some bandwagon ****, no. How hard is it to pick one team.
Bandwagon shh?

Allow me -- If you grow up in Arkansas, where there are no pro-teams, you are a Razorback fan from Day 1. Maybe if you played for a coach and watch him climb the ranks in that state, you pull for him?

Lastly, f you don't want to attend that school based on low academic standards[Arkansas], you go elsewhere...insert Ohio State University.

Now you can hop off good sir.

Last edited:

Inconsistencies in the gifts players get is frustrating its not even based on the importance of the Bowl either
mean.gif
It' based on sponsors. Sony is a sponsor for the Military Bowl, not a bad bowl to be tied into sponsorship wise based on the name alone. Cost nothing for Sony to write off 200 PS4's.

There is a cap on gifts and every bowl maximizes their cap, however, a Sony PS4 sounds more exciting than say an Ogio backpack. Still don't get why fans get salty about it,
laugh.gif
, you ain't touching that **** anyway. Players give away most of their stuff to friends and family, they don't really care.
this lol

Bandwagon shh?

Allow me -- If you grow up in Arkansas, where there are no pro-teams, you are a Razorback fan from Day 1. Maybe if you played for a coach and watch him climb the ranks in that state, you pull for him?

Lastly, f you don't want to attend that school based on low academic standards[Arkansas], you go elsewhere...insert Ohio State University.

Now you can hop off good sir.

:pimp:

Las Vegas Bowl
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Alamo Bowl (of course)
Rose Bowl

Maybe the Gator Bowl, but Nebraska ugh...

All of the other bowls look boring to me. I'll watch a lot of them because college football.

Belk Bowl, Holiday Bowl, Fiesta, Orange , Cotton, HCG?

North Carolina vs Cincinnati? Why?
ASU vs TTech. TTech will most likely score a good number of points, but not near as many as their defense will allow.
If UCF makes it a game it's exciting, otherwise it's another Hawaii vs Georgia
I forgot to mention the Cotton, that should be a good one too!
I'm guessing HCG = NCG and that game looks lopsided and boring to me. Maybe if FSU had one quality opponent this year (lol Duke) then maybe it would be a little more interesting.

If yall coulda choose the BCS bowls what would they be then?

I won't change the National title game but if we could swap a few teams here and there that aren't in:

Title: Auburn/FSU
Rose: MSU/Stanford (can't really change due to bowl tie ins)
Sugar: Oregon/Bama (everyones wanted this one)
Orange: Clemson/UCF (meh)
Fiesta: tOSU/Baylor (what an ugly shootout, but exciting)

*I'd swap tOSU/Oregon in either game as well

You know what it is with Cook.

His brother is at the U. His mom wants the U. His dad wants the U. His high school teammates comin to the U.

He might choose F$U tho.

With Nev in jail, we don't have that kinda cash layin around no mo. :smh:

Free visits. None of those BTW kids are going anywhere, IMO. Powell (not BTW), Bethel, Chad, etc. Don't think they end up elsewhere.
Let's hope he put west virgina, Louisville, Arkansas, and Miami as his top 4. Chad and bethal were complaining about the crowd when we played Virginia. Let's hope those boys stay committed.

That Jackson kid has been rumored to be decommiting for forever, so I'd be surprised if it's just a "taking visits" thing

What's new w/ Cook? Should be all good news coming off his OV, I would assume

That Jackson kid has been rumored to be decommiting for forever, so I'd be surprised if it's just a "taking visits" thing

What's new w/ Cook? Should be all good news coming off his OV, I would assume

His "grandma" says that The U visits too much.

Loosely translated to, FSU paid up, now it's your turn Al, empty your pockets.

Don't act like you don't know what's goin on. :lol:

His "grandma" says that The U visits too much.

Loosely translated to, FSU paid up, now it's your turn Al, empty your pockets.

Don't act like you don't know what's goin on. :lol:

Ohhhh, that's all? :lol:

I thought it was something else. That was hilarious when I read it.

Back
Top Bottom