2013 New York Mets Season Thread

Wheeler should be pitching June 30th at Citi vs Nats. Bought my tickets this morning, plus David Wright All Star bobble head give away the same day.

Wheeler has more tools and better upside but Harvey has the mental makeup and confidence I haven't seen in a long time.

The ability to control and command his pitches will probably always have Harvey > Wheeler. Just gotta hope Wheeler figures out his control issues someday down the road. Plus, hope that the fans/media/team are patient enough to deal with it.

The ability to control and command his pitches will probably always have Harvey > Wheeler. Just gotta hope Wheeler figures out his control issues someday down the road. Plus, hope that the fans/media/team are patient enough to deal with it.

It was his debut, if he pitches better than that he is going to be extremely good. Its NY, hopefully he pays no mind to anything people say. One bad start and its in the dog house for him in NY.

Last edited:
great start to hopefully the top of our rotation for years to come

harvey is gonna throw a no hitter this season...book it.

It was his debut, if he pitches better than that he is going to be extremely good. Its NY, hopefully he pays no mind to anything people say. One bad start and its in the dog house for him in NY.

I hear you. It's been an issue with him for a little while now. Like I said, it's something that gradually will be worked on and hopefully become better with the patience. Kershaw is a pitcher who had a similar problem in a similar market and he worked out very well.

I hear you. It's been an issue with him for a little while now. Like I said, it's something that gradually will be worked on and hopefully become better with the patience. Kershaw is a pitcher who had a similar problem in a similar market and he worked out very well.

Kershaw and Wheeler in the same sentence is scary, scary good!

Well there's also Jimenez as a comparison to someone who figured it out for two months then lost it but I keep it positive :lol:

Wheeler has more tools and better upside but Harvey has the mental makeup and confidence I haven't seen in a long time.

I think it was nerves as much as anything. I've seen clips of him commanding his breaking pitches in the minors and he's got some increduble stuff. I don't think it's fair to make a statement like that after his first major league start, just as I wouldn't state that he's going to be better than anyone either...it remains to be seen and a lot of factors can come into play. I'd trust what scouts are saying too.

Like I said in my second post, it's been an issue for a while. From HS to the Giants org to the Mets org. It's not something that just popped up in his first start. Yea, nerves are some of it but far from all of it. I think it's more than fair to make that statement seeing as how he's always had trouble with commanding his pitches. Especially his curve and the slider that's not really a slider. That is one big factor in his development on the mound and mentally.

Not to take anything away from the kid, he looked better than you could have hoped for. I think he could be the best pitcher in the NL in 2-3 years. I just think/hope the expectations are moderate for this year and that he's given the adequate time to work on his gray areas.

Last edited:
Assuming one of the youngsters goes twice that week. Otherwise, just twice a week.
should've been a little clearer, niese is good for a quality start so that's where my 3rd chance to win came in. i need to watch harvey and wheeler pitch live but i hate giving the coupons money.

should've been a little clearer, niese is good for a quality start so that's where my 3rd chance to win came in. i need to watch harvey and wheeler pitch live but i hate giving the coupons money.

The offense has to kick in, the recent hustle is a start. Last time I went to Citi to see Harvey pitch. I bought student rush tickets(just graduated) and was upgrade to field level, because they had to fill in those seats. I'm going back June, 30th and I wouldn't be surprise that happens again.

Got it. Niese will play an underrated role as the lefty who will start in between Harvey and wheeler.

Definitely gotta make it to a wheeler start. only game I've gone to at citi this year was Harvey and Strasburg. Other game was in the Bronx when they completed the 4 game sweep of the skanks.

Got it. Niese will play an underrated role as the lefty who will start in between Harvey and wheeler.

Not if he ****** up his shoulder. Damn. Didn't look good, hope its just minor tendinitis.

Really good documentary on Netflix called Knuckleball! mostly featuring Wakefield and Dickey.

Great wins the last two nights, 7-4 road trip with some of thr losses in walk off fashion.

Harvey tomm at home.

Back
Top Bottom