2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

Well...Last place scheduling, so they have that. It's just hard to convince anyone right now that Schwartz is a good enough coach to get the job done.

Def Line is getting old, and couldn't get a consistent pass rush all year. They need a traditional NT that can stay on the field in the worst way. Need some more help in the secondary. Plus O-line. No way the o-line is gonna be fixed in 1 offseason. Mallet and Tyler Wilson aren't exactly the most agile qb's so they would probably spend a lot of time on the ground behind that o-line. I'll ride it out with Romo for a few more seasons. I think Dallas should go to a full time no huddle offense like New England. Most of their comebacks came after they would switch to the no huddle in the second half.[/quote]

I agree 1hunnid.

aye do any of yall have an idea of when or if AJ Hawkins a senior C/OG from ole miss will be drafted? thats my patna man i swear to god if he get drafted ima cry tears of joy

Last edited:
^
Honestly I haven't seen his name much. But those positions are never really mentioned much in the Draft ya know? Hopefully he'll get picked up by someone tho, good luck to him.

This guy runs his own site, but is also the boss of the site I work on. Here is a small mock he did on his own site. Just the first 20 picks. (non playoff teams)

1. Kansas City Chiefs – Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State*
While the team has tried (and for the most, failed) to add to its defensive line in recent drafts, it’s not as dominant as one would expect. Combine that with the fact that a new coach may consider a 4-3 defensive change, and that Bjoern Werner is the best player in the draft (from my perspective), he’s the best bang for the #1 pick buck. Quarterback is certainly an option, but it’s by no means a lock, and I’ll say they pass now in favor of Alex Smith and/or a 2nd round rookie instead to get maximum value.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri (Declared Article)
Adding to the defensive line (in particular, at DT) seems like the most logical move for the Jaguars, and fills a major need with Tyson Alualu being solid but not spectacular this year. Richardson is our top rated DT prospect, and showcases a fantastic motor, interior strength, and active pass rush ability. Similar to the Chiefs plan, attacking free agency/the 2nd round for a quarterback may be the wise decision in year one of a potential “rebuild” once again.

3. Oakland Raiders – Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
With Carson Palmer not showing much and Terrelle Pryor not someone to hang your career on, I’d expect Reggie McKenzie to make a move to find his franchise quarterback this season. The offensive pieces are in place, and while Geno isn’t a lock to be worth this high selection, he’s the best quarterback in the draft.

4. Philadelphia Eagles – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M*
With Jason Peters returning and the Eagles offensive line already having talent, this may not seem like the logical answer. But without knowing who the new head coach will be, it’s unclear what the Eagles will do at their biggest need, quarterback. For now, offensive tackle seems like a safe idea, as the position players are already in place in Philly.

5. Detroit Lions – Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M (Declared Article)
With their draft needs (OG, WR, and CB) not matching with up value wise with the 5th pick in the draft, they’ll have to take the best player available. Adding to an already fantastic defensive line, Moore can replace free agent Cliff Avril and become the team’s new feature pass rusher on the edge.

6. Cleveland Browns – Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
With DT seemingly in good shape with Rubin/Taylor/Billy Winn, finishing up the defensive line with Dion Jordan paired with Jabaal Sheard (and moving Frostee Rucker to a rotational spot) could give this defensive line the completeness it needs to consistently cause havoc against Big Ben, Joe Flacco, and Andy Dalton.

7. Arizona Cardinals – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M*
The Cardinals are in desperate help of a stable offensive line, and Matthews could make his case as the best in this class. The quarterback issue isn’t solved yet, but with Andy Reid having the inside track and possibly bringing Michael Vick with him, the offensive line should be where the team starts it’s building.

8. Buffalo Bills – Matt Barkley, QB, USC
The Bills have made it clear they need a franchise quarterback, and they’ll likely target there’s in the draft. With it being difficult to say who they’ll pick without a head coach, I’ll stick to our 2nd rated quarterback in Matt Barkley, though it could be anyone from Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, Tyler Wilson, and Ryan Nassib.

9. New York Jets – Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
This is certainly a long-shot to happen, as it doesn’t seem teams are as intrigued/excited about Ryan Nassib as I am. But I know the Jets have serious interest in Nassib, they need a quarterback, and they likely won’t be able to get him in the 2nd round. A reach here, but so was Mark Sanchez at the time.

10. Tennessee Titans – Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Defensive tackle isn’t a glaring need, but the Titans generally go with the best player available in each and every draft, and Star is arguably a Top 5 talent. Adding him to Jurrell Casey and Sen’Derrick Marks could give this team one of the best defensive lines in the AFC.

11. San Diego Chargers – Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
It may be crazy to think about now, but Eric Fisher may be the best offensive tackle in this draft class. He’s THAT talented. The Chargers need offensive line help badly, and Fisher has experience at left guard, right tackle, and left tackle, and should give Phillip Rivers some breathing room immediately.

12. Miami Dolphins – Robert Woods, WR, USC (Declared Article)
While the value doesn’t say to take a receiver at this point, the Dolphins have to address their biggest need early and often. Getting the first crack at the 2013 receiver class is a great luxury to have for Miami. I’ll take Robert Woods at this point, but Keenan Allen and DeAndre Hopkins (if he declares) are both options as well.

13. Tampa Bay Bucs – Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU*
While Manti Te’o gets (and deserves) most of the love at the lienbacker position, he may not be the best in this class. That belongs to Kevin Minter of LSU, who has been the unheralded reason for that team being a Top 10 ranked team all season. Fast, strong, instinctive, and aggressive, he’s the total package at linebacker.

14. Carolina Panthers –Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State (Declared Article)
The team has needed to address the defensive line for two seasons now, and have failed to do so. Luckily, Hankins is still here to build their interior presence, as he could develop into one of the league’s premier nose tackles.

15. New Orleans Saints – Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
Adding to the secondary seems to be a yearly need for New Orleans, but it’s clear to me they still have a need there. The best cornerback on the board, Banks may be a slight reach here, but quenches the Saints pass-defense thirst.

16. St. Louis Rams – Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan*
They invested heavily in the mid rounds at receiver last year, and I wouldn’t rush to think they’ll look at receiver early here either. The offensive line is still a concern, and the possibly of adding Lewan to push Rodger Saffold to the right side could be a dream option for Sam Bradford’s development.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Manti Te’o, ILB, Notre Dame
With Larry Foote’s contract expiring, the Steelers have a minor need on the interior. Having the luxury to add one of the country’s best and most instinctive linebackers is something the Steelers should relish, and adding Te’o makes this defense THAT much scarier for the future.

18. Dallas Cowboys – Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Simply put, the Cowboys have consistently neglected the offensive line in the draft. Outside of Tyron Smith, who’s been good but not great, putting Doug Free as the starting offensive tackle, again, over rated in my eyes, and using free agency to add to the guard spots, the Cowboys are desperate for more stability for Romo. Warmack is the best offensive guard prospect in recent years, and should work wonders for the Cowboys passing game.

19. New York Giants – Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
Despite what the preconceived idea is on the Giants, the pass rush wasn’t nearly as consistent/dominant as it has been in year’s past. But the thought of adding Ansah to that crew of Pro Bowl talents is scary enough. Still, with few needs offensively, the Giants can either add a linebacker or have the luxury of getting one of the draft’s best athletes.

20. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
Whoever the new coach is, they’ll likely be clamoring for offensive line help. While there’s no offensive tackle value at this point in the draft (DJ *****er/Justin Pugh are solid but would be reaches), the Giants could opt for a 1st round value at guard in Cooper.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be mad at the bucs taking Minter which would slide foster back to outside then trade the 2nd and extra 4th round picks to get back in the first round for a corner

Last edited:
If the Bucs dont take a CB with their 1st pick, after giving up all those passing yards they should just fold as an organization

6. Cleveland Browns – Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

I didn't write this mock, I swear.

It's sickening, but I'd actually welcome both Jordan's from Oregon. Dion at DE, and Poyer at CB from Oregon state. God that's disgusting. :smh: :lol:

sekyq.gif

Where would he have Jarvis ?

I think he's only using players that have already declared and I don't think Jarvis has, has he?

The guy that runs the whole operation (NEPD) has Jarvis at 17th overall in his top 100, but that doesn't mean 17th pick obviously.

Where would he have Jarvis ?
That spinal stenosis will more than likely ba THE red flag. It put Pete Carroll off at USC so Im pretty sure theres more than a few coaches who have him off their boards all together.

Top 5 talent w/ the widest range in terms of where he'll end up. Would be
eek.gif
 to see everything come back full circle and end up in SEA.

Jake Matthews hasn't declared and he's on there. I think Jake goes back and moves to LT for a season.

if you're the chiefs, why wouldn't you trade down in this draft and try and get some extra picks?

Back
Top Bottom