2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

someone tell me what they've seen from mallet to make them think he's the guy to replace romo. he's got a big arm and is smart enough...but whenever NE has let him throw the ball, good god. dude just sails them over dudes' heads :lol:

Last edited:
Dreams Lions draft for first 2 rounds would be picking either Jarvis Jones or Demontre Moore with the 1st and Barrette Jones in the 2nd.

I have a feeling they will reach for Milner or Te'o at 5, both of which are terrible picks at that spot.

I'll be shocked if the Lions don't draft either Joeckel or Lewan

If both are gone they taking a DE or trading back.

Neither Milner or Teo are going to have the measurables that Mayhew likes to reach for.

Last edited:
They'll have to move past the Eagles to get Joeckel... No way Philly can pass on him, is there?

Neither Milner or Teo are going to have the measurables that Mayhew likes to reach for.

Man I would hate to draft a OT at 5. We drafted Reif last year(he sucks, but at least needs to be given a shot), doesn't sit right with me in picking the same position 2 years in a row. I think the pick needs to be Moore or Jones. Biggest need on the line imo is Center. Would be a steal to get Barrett Jones in the 2nd round.

Plus I don't see the Eagles passing on Joeckel. Lewan isn't worthy of the 5th pick either imo.

Alec Ogletree entering the draft
does he sneak in before te'o on some demaryius thomas/dez bryant type?

lol no 
laugh.gif
 , but after te'o its gotta be him or minter ......shayne skov not playing bad right now either against wisconsin 

Man I would hate to draft a OT at 5. We drafted Reif last year(he sucks, but at least needs to be given a shot), doesn't sit right with me in picking the same position 2 years in a row. I think the pick needs to be Moore or Jones. Biggest need on the line imo is Center. Would be a steal to get Barrett Jones in the 2nd round.

Plus I don't see the Eagles passing on Joeckel. Lewan isn't worthy of the 5th pick either imo.

A team that throws as much as the Lions has to protect Stafford.

Who they drafted last year isn't important. My preference is they trade down a few spots and draft Lewan.

I don't think Moore or Joeckel will be on the board and I'm good on Werner.

Last edited:
Who they drafted last year isn't important. My preference is they trade down a few spots and draft Lewan.

The problem is the Lions throw the ball to damn much. They need bigger interior linemen so they can run the ball with the type of backs we have. I don't think they are going to trade down anways, if they did, they would just find a way to screw it up. I have zero faith in the Lions right now. How Gunther Cunningham and Scott Linehan made it through Monday without being fired is boggling my mind. Plus the last 2 years drafts have been garbage outside of Nick Fairley. Our scouts wouldn't know talent if it hit them in the face.

i would deal romo , its the same thing as firing the head coach. it may not be entirely his fault

but sometimes things just get stale , 3 rookie quarterbacks are playing in the playoffs this year

and one of them is in your division , why not get a smart guy with a rocket launcher who's been grooming

behind tom brady to atleast challenge romo in the offseason , or tyler wilson as alot of you guys stated

The problem is the Lions throw the ball to damn much. They need bigger interior linemen so they can run the ball with the type of backs we have. I don't think they are going to trade down anways, if they did, they would just find a way to screw it up. I have zero faith in the Lions right now. How Gunther Cunningham and Scott Linehan made it through Monday without being fired is boggling my mind. Plus the last 2 years drafts have been garbage outside of Nick Fairley. Our scouts wouldn't know talent if it hit them in the face.

Man I feel you but the Lions have a chance to get dramatically better really fast as long as they make the right picks and signing in the offseason.

I'm stunned Scott Linehan hasn't been fired. I don't know how he kept his job, Gunther on the other hand I think did a decent job with the horrible talent and injuries he had.

I actually like the Lions draft picks from a talent perspective they simply keep drafting high upside china dolls. Bill Bentley is a starting caliber corner in this league so is Jonte Green. Broyles was the second best receiver on the team as soon as he set foot in the building. Best was an animal.

Thing is all these dude ended up on the IR by the end of the season

In a perfect world the Lions draft Damontre Moore at 5 and Barret Jones in the 2nd.

The Lions think Bill Nagy can be a starter.

So between Reiff, Nagy, and Jones that's 3 of 5 starters replaced on the online.

Last edited:
i would deal romo , its the same thing as firing the head coach. it may not be entirely his fault
but sometimes things just get stale , 3 rookie quarterbacks are playing in the playoffs this year
and one of them is in your division , why not get a smart guy with a rocket launcher who's been grooming
behind tom brady to atleast challenge romo in the offseason , or tyler wilson as alot of you guys stated

Why would they create another hole on the roster when they have so many other flaws they need to address?

This QB class :x Landry Jones about to mess around in the Cotton Bowl and move back into the 1st round :lol:

Dude is the best passer in the draft if you give him enough time. He can make every throw and has great touch and a strong arm. If he gets drafted by a team with a good offensive line he's going to be very successful.

Last edited:
Why would they create another hole on the roster when they have so many other flaws they need to address?
aside from offensive line , which they could address in the first nothing about them really jumps at me

as a major hole from them 

aside from offensive line , which they could address in the first nothing about them really jumps at me

Def Line is getting old, and couldn't get a consistent pass rush all year. They need a traditional NT that can stay on the field in the worst way. Need some more help in the secondary. Plus O-line. No way the o-line is gonna be fixed in 1 offseason. Mallet and Tyler Wilson aren't exactly the most agile qb's so they would probably spend a lot of time on the ground behind that o-line. I'll ride it out with Romo for a few more seasons. I think Dallas should go to a full time no huddle offense like New England. Most of their comebacks came after they would switch to the no huddle in the second half.

Man I feel you but the Lions have a chance to get dramatically better really fast as long as they make the right picks and signing in the offseason.
I'm stunned Scott Linehan hasn't been fired. I don't know how he kept his job, Gunther on the other hand I think did a decent job with the horrible talent and injuries he had.
I actually like the Lions draft picks from a talent perspective they simply keep drafting high upside china dolls. Bill Bentley is a starting caliber corner in this league so is Jonte Green. Broyles was the second best receiver on the team as soon as he set foot in the building. Best was an animal.
In a perfect world the Lions draft Damontre Moore at 5 and Barret Jones in the 2nd.
So between Reiff, Nagy, and Jones that's 3 of 5 starters replaced on the online.

Definitely agree with Nagy. I think at the end of the season they should have had guys like Fox and a few others start and see what they have. Backus is old and shouldn't be brought back, I have no idea why they continued to leave him in. I just wish the coaching staff would have played more players at the end of the season to at least get a perspective on if they can be used in the future. I think Cherilus is gone this year, I know a lot of Lions fans weren't happy with him for his false starts but he has played good, I wish they gave him a shot at LT this season and Reiff at RT to at least see if that could work and give Reiff more actual playing time rather than having him in there on that stupid running package as a TE, which was one of the worst things I have ever seen, but that goes back to Linehan.

I agree with you on Green and Bentley. I wish they were bigger and more physical, and both seemed pretty raw but the potential is there. We just need to get the right coaches in there to help those guys. Broyles is good but I still think he is best in the slot and would like to see a bigger physical player opposite of Calvin. Hopefully they can try to trade Titus for something instead of just cutting him.

Dude is the best passer in the draft if you give him enough time. He can make every throw and has great touch and a strong arm. If he gets drafted by a team with a good offensive line he's going to be very successful.
homer much?

Offensive line. Defensive line needs some real help. Unless they break the bank on Spencer off a career year, they'll need another pass rusher. Safety. Another RB because Murray hasn't ever been able to stay healthy.

They could literally justify bringing in 4 new offensive linemen...

Definitely agree with Nagy. I think at the end of the season they should have had guys like Fox and a few others start and see what they have. Backus is old and shouldn't be brought back, I have no idea why they continued to leave him in. I just wish the coaching staff would have played more players at the end of the season to at least get a perspective on if they can be used in the future. I think Cherilus is gone this year, I know a lot of Lions fans weren't happy with him for his false starts but he has played good, I wish they gave him a shot at LT this season and Reiff at RT to at least see if that could work and give Reiff more actual playing time rather than having him in there on that stupid running package as a TE, which was one of the worst things I have ever seen, but that goes back to Linehan.

I agree with you on Green and Bentley. I wish they were bigger and more physical, and both seemed pretty raw but the potential is there. We just need to get the right coaches in there to help those guys. Broyles is good but I still think he is best in the slot and would like to see a bigger physical player opposite of Calvin. Hopefully they can try to trade Titus for something instead of just cutting him.

Rumor is they bringing Titus back for one more shot :smh:

Back
Top Bottom