2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

I think he's only using players that have already declared and I don't think Jarvis has, has he?
The guy that runs the whole operation (NEPD) has Jarvis at 17th overall in his top 100, but that doesn't mean 17th pick obviously.

Yeah you're right. I don't think he's came out and declared yet. He will though. I thought he was a consensus top 5 pick?

Jake Matthews hasn't declared and he's on there. I think Jake goes back and moves to LT for a season.

Hmmmm, that is true. I don't know why he doesn't have Jarvis higher then. I don't really hear from him much to be honest with you. All I get is deadline updates. :lol:

if you're the chiefs, why wouldn't you trade down in this draft and try and get some extra picks?

I'm sure they would want to do that, but need somebody that wants to come up, and that might be hard to find.

He'd be the best QB on your roster day 1. Gonna **** another season with Palmer? Give Pryor the job?

You don't think he'll last until the 2nd round? I haven't followed draft projections closely...yet, but Geno didn't exactly show out in that bowl game and then there's the notion that QB is a "weak" position this year. For a team with as many needs as ours, with defense being the most glaring, why not trade down for more picks? Since there's no RG3/Luck go after this year, trading down might not be an option so why not go with Jarvus (once he declares) or Te'o or my personal favorite selection, Star. Palmer isn't awesome by any stretch, but he has another year on his contract and Pryor is developing.

Remember how you wanted the Dolphins to just hold off another year to draft QB instead of selecting Tannenhill...it's similar to that. We have plenty of holes and this year seems to be filled with solid defensive talent. I'd be shocked if we went QB at #3 honestly.

Jake Matthews hasn't declared and he's on there. I think Jake goes back and moves to LT for a season.
they have him rated as the 2nd or 3rd tackle right now and most mocks have him in the top 10

If the Bucs dont take a CB with their 1st pick, after giving up all those passing yards they should just fold as an organization
do they have a 2nd rounder?

they drafting 13 overall , its just not good value grabbing johnthan banks or demarcus milliner that early , they can get a inside linebacker and grab

xavier rohes or david amerson in the second 

You don't think he'll last until the 2nd round? I haven't followed draft projections closely...yet, but Geno didn't exactly show out in that bowl game and then there's the notion that QB is a "weak" position this year. For a team with as many needs as ours, with defense being the most glaring, why not trade down for more picks? Since there's no RG3/Luck go after this year, trading down might not be an option so why not go with Jarvus (once he declares) or Te'o or my personal favorite selection, Star. Palmer isn't awesome by any stretch, but he has another year on his contract and Pryor is developing.
Remember how you wanted the Dolphins to just hold off another year to draft QB instead of selecting Tannenhill...it's similar to that. We have plenty of holes and this year seems to be filled with solid defensive talent. I'd be shocked if we went QB at #3 honestly.

As it stands now, there isn't a chance in hell Geno slips past #5. A poor showing in a bowl game isn't going to hurt his stock. Gotta look at the entire body of work and he did his thing this year at WVU.

As it stands now, there isn't a chance in hell Geno slips past #5. A poor showing in a bowl game isn't going to hurt his stock. Gotta look at the entire body of work and he did his thing this year at WVU.

True. I feel like I heard earlier in the year some talking head say that Geno might drop to the 2nd round.

True. I feel like I heard earlier in the year some talking head say that Geno might drop to the 2nd round.

What's the deal w/ Pryor? I'd have to think the Raiders would give him an opportunity to start next year to see exactly what they have with him. If he fails...well, put on ESPN and watch Teddy Bridgewater on Louisville. He'll probably be the 1st QB off the board in 2014.

What's the deal w/ Pryor? I'd have to think the Raiders would give him an opportunity to start next year to see exactly what they have with him. If he fails...well, put on ESPN and watch Teddy Bridgewater on Louisville. He'll probably be the 1st QB off the board in 2014.

Considering we had a brand new coaching staff/management, coupled with Pryor being a raw product...Terrelle wasn't able to get a shot until Palmer was injured and Leinart FURTHER confirmed his inability to play QB in the NFL. With that said, I thought Pryor played very well. His decision making was a 9/10. Surprisingly, he showed a ton of poise and patience in the pocket. He went through his progressions well and found the open man more times than not. And when needed to extend a play, he moved outside the pocket well, buying himself time until receivers could get open. However, it was disappointing to watch some of his passes simply float in the air...you'd like for your QB to zip a few balls around, on a frozen rope if you will. I didn't see that once. Not sure if Pryor was focusing too much on "touch" or if he truly does lack NFL QB arm strength.

If it were up to me, I'd love to give him a legitimate shot at the starting job. His experience at Ohio St. showed well as he looked in really good command. Plus I love his attitude. His work ethic seems to be there, which is something often questioned with Raider players. And he was the last draft pick that Al had...so it would be extra special he Pryor became a legit QB in the league.

Check this presser he had after the SD game...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/pryor-i-missed-some-throws-i-could-have-made

Notice how Norvell spent a little extra time in there :nerd:

The fact that Star is your personal favorite for the Raiders pick at #3 is crazy to me, I suggest you watch some film on youtube on him and reevaluate your stance. As far as Geno goes, he is definitely going to go top 5. I personally don't think he should, but teams will always reach for a QB, and considering what is going to be left on the board after him at the QB position, if a team needs one and has a shot, they need to take him.

Any good OL / WR to be had towards the bottom have of the 1st round for Houston? :nerd:

we need both :\

Dude, there'll be good receivers into round 5. Prolly the deepest position after DE. DE has more impact guys but plenty of receivers to be had, 2's and 3's. Not many #1's like Andre.

pryor showed alot of promise against the chargers in my opinion lot of dropped balls early on , one to marcel reece on the money in the middle of the field

he definitely lobs it a bit much , but his decision making was great for a first start

and even though its not top heavy i think as many as 4 quarterbacks can go in the first with

kansas city

buffalo

oakland

arizona

jaguars

eagles

all potentially looking to get a quarterback

Last edited:
I wonder if Dallas will try to add a 1st or 2nd pick this year to go after another OLine guy.

I would even go so far as making 2014 draft a short one for us, for a shot at Warmack & Cooper.

Last edited:
do they have a 2nd rounder?
they drafting 13 overall , its just not good value grabbing johnthan banks or demarcus milliner that early , they can get a inside linebacker and grab
xavier rohes or david amerson in the second 

Exactly what I was going to say. They'll probably go ILB, DE or OT in the 1st round, then go corner in the 2nd and either the 3rd or one of their 4th rounders. Then go after Jarius Byrd and Grimes in free agency to help that secondary out. We also need a new slot receiver to go with V-Jax and Mike Williams.

I think the Bucs are going to hope like hell they can get Te'o at 13 though. That dude is exactly the type of player that Schiano wants. He'd be such a perfect fit in the middle of Foster and David. Our defense needs his leadership.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom