2014 BMW i8 Coupe - The Future is Here * Price Starts @ $135,700

Ok well if you are expecting flying cars to be the future then this car isn't it but this is suppose to be an illustration of the production version of the 2012 BMW i8 Coupe and it does look like one of those future cars you see in the movies. 

34dlcup.jpg

2bv5gz.jpg

wvv18k.jpg

Sadly, the engine (albeit still produces 400hp) is also too futuristic, it's an electric plug-in with 1.3 liter turbocharged 3-cylinder engine?

Good news, buyers will have the option to a pure gasoline version.

With it's shorter wheelbase and clipped length compared to the concept, the production vehicle is rumored to tip the scales at around 3,187 pounds, or just under the concept's original weight goal. Much of that weight savings is thanks to the substantial use of carbon fiber reinforced plastic in the vehicle's chassis.

With the combination of an electric motor and a 1.5-liter turbocharged three-cylinder engine, the i8 will reportedly offer buyers just under 400 horsepower and three driving modes. The driver will be able to pick between pure-electric, gasoline or a medley of both. All told, the i8 should deliver a 0-60 mph run of under 4.9 seconds with the help of both power sources.

Last edited:
about dam time someone. sheesh cars have looked to same forever

Design looks crazy & I like how it's both electric and gas. Also cool you can choose between the two for daily driving & freeway.

BMW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Glad something that looks like this will be easily available to everyone unless Im missing some 500k pricetag on it

Originally Posted by odog24

i doubt thats the production version

I wouldn't be surprised if it is or something very, very close to it. The test mule itself looks pretty spot on.
28k5ahz.jpg

70c5tf.jpg

349e4oi.jpg

To get some idea of how it moves, here's how the Mission Impossible version looks in a glimpse.

Back
Top Bottom