2014 LUNAR TR1 - Next Gen = Lunar Caldra?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/lunar-tr1-le-training-shoe/pid-10254436/pgid-10320739
9-11.5 up on NDC clearance. "OWNIT" brings it down to about $55. Orders over $75 get free shipping so I added a few things to my cart.

Saw the comments about the tight forefoot and I have moderately wide feet so hopefully going up half-size works for me. If not I guess I'll just return them at my local Nike Factory Store. I really hope they fit, I'm a sucker for 3M on sneakers.
You can go true to size, the upper loosens up in time and if that isn't enough, you can always relace them to feel comfortable at the toe box

You can go true to size, the upper loosens up in time and if that isn't enough, you can always relace them to feel comfortable at the toe box
Oops. Already placed the order on an 11 rather than my true 10.5. If they end up being too roomy I'll see if I can exchange them.

Oops. Already placed the order on an 11 rather than my true 10.5. If they end up being too roomy I'll see if I can exchange them.
They're a little long, I have a bit of extra length but they still hurt the side of my toes from time to time. I went half size up and relaced them too, they're pretty narrow.

They're a little long, I have a bit of extra length but they still hurt the side of my toes from time to time. I went half size up and relaced them too, they're pretty narrow.
Awww man, I was hoping I could train in them too. No hope for break in?

Surprisingly my pair hasn't even shipped yet but I'm not complaining since it was free shipping. These might be relegated to strictly casual use since I just scooped up a pair of Metcon 1s yesterday. I hate when shoes have extra length.

Awww man, I was hoping I could train in them too. No hope for break in?

Surprisingly my pair hasn't even shipped yet but I'm not complaining since it was free shipping. These might be relegated to strictly casual use since I just scooped up a pair of Metcon 1s yesterday. I hate when shoes have extra length.
I'm normally a 9 but went 9.5 and I have maybe 5mm of space? You could probably train in them they feel really sturdy and pretty flat. Would be a good lifting shoe as far as not actual lifting shoes go.

Tried them on at my local Nike Factory Store and they're definitely narrow. 1/2 size up was a perfect fit for me in terms of width, but that extra length is killer. I guess I'll decide what to do with my pair once they come in. I'll likely end up keeping them and just wear them casually from time to time.

Tried them on at my local Nike Factory Store and they're definitely narrow. 1/2 size up was a perfect fit for me in terms of width, but that extra length is killer. I guess I'll decide what to do with my pair once they come in. I'll likely end up keeping them and just wear them casually from time to time.
I know the width at first is narrow, but the more you wear them they really end up breaking in nicely. My experience with my true size was pretty painful at first, I almost wanted to send them back but I picked up the Texas pair so I stayed patient and now they are awesome. But I would completely understand why someone wouldn't want to deal with all that.

I know the width at first is narrow, but the more you wear them they really end up breaking in nicely. My experience with my true size was pretty painful at first, I almost wanted to send them back but I picked up the Texas pair so I stayed patient and now they are awesome. But I would completely understand why someone wouldn't want to deal with all that.
Yeah I figure there is some type of break in with these, but it was extremely hard to even get my foot into my TTS 10.5. I'm a bit flat-footed so that definitely doesn't help the situation. I think I'd rather deal with the extra length. Glad to hear they broke in nicely for you though. My Metcons are coming in tomorrow so those will probably be my primary training shoes. I also picked up a pair of Converses for $25 today so those will be used for lifting as well. I suppose my Lunars will be strictly casual.

Last edited:
so the consensus is that these run long but narrow? I have skinny feet, would I be okay going a half size down?

so the consensus is that these run long but narrow? I have skinny feet, would I be okay going a half size down?

I'm a true size 10 and copped a size 10 in these and at first they were narrow in the front but after a couple wears they started to loosen up and now they fit true size with no problems

So I was able to grab the burnt orange Texas PEs last week off of Nike.com of all places. I decided to hold off on posting till now, since in the online photos they didn't have the Longhorn logo. They only had sizes 10.5 and 12.5, and even though I usually wear an 11 my true size is actually 10.5 and I was able to grab them in that size. All sizes are now sold out and the link I have says the product is no longer available.

Like I figured when images of these first surfaced, they are actually just team bank shoes with the Longhorn logo on the tongue. The other thing I thought was interesting was that they have the same insoles as the Red River Rivalry Free Trainer 5.0s from a few years ago. These are crazy in person, and I'm really glad to have them in my Texas collection!

This whole release, if you can even call it that, was really weird, but maybe we'll see a wider release of these at outlets in the coming months. I left the style code if anyone wants to try and stock locate a pair.

^, Dang, what a random release, I would have thought a regular TB too. Good for you on getting those; pretty sweet to have!

So I was able to grab the burnt orange Texas PEs last week off of Nike.com of all places. I decided to hold off on posting till now, since in the online photos they didn't have the Longhorn logo. They only had sizes 10.5 and 12.5, and even though I usually wear an 11 my true size is actually 10.5 and I was able to grab them in that size. All sizes are now sold out and the link I have says the product is no longer available.

Like I figured when images of these first surfaced, they are actually just team bank shoes with the Longhorn logo on the tongue. The other thing I thought was interesting was that they have the same insoles as the Red River Rivalry Free Trainer 5.0s from a few years ago. These are crazy in person, and I'm really glad to have them in my Texas collection!

This whole release, if you can even call it that, was really weird, but maybe we'll see a wider release of these at outlets in the coming months. I left the style code if anyone wants to try and stock locate a pair.
@sho3tym   I missed out.... 

I got the bright yellow oregons a while ago on NDC and with my employee discount total was $40 can't beat that.

Back
Top Bottom