2014 LUNAR TR1 - Next Gen = Lunar Caldra?

They're ridiculously tight for me around the toe area. Wore them 3-4 times and they never broke in
ohwell.gif
. I have wide feet though.
I never even thought I had wide feet until I put these on. I have never had any problems with any shoe before these. I have tried to work with them, but my foot starts going numb after about 20 minutes. 

With CW winding down a little (their are still more popping up) I'm going to do a rundown of my top CW. This shoe has a lot so I'm just doing my top 5.
View media item 1663886Yeezy CW these are fire the shiny specks make these pop, I love em.
View media item 1663892Chlorophylls, I scooped these of eBay and they're one of my favs.
View media item 1663889Marshawn Lynch crazy like him.
View media item 1663896Deshawn McCoys detail is crazy and they have that shine to them like the Yeezys.
View media item 1663897Seahawks my most wanted pair right now, probably going to scoop off eBay soon.

Last edited:
So is the Lunar Caldra the replacement for these TRs?
I hope not, I haven't seen a pair in person but from the stock photos I'm not really feeling them. I'd have a Lunar TR1 over these any day. 

To be honest I've been lowkey waiting for Nike to release some more colorways or at least a Lunar TR2

If you look at the NCAA Week Zero colelction from 2014 and 2015 I think that the shoe Nike wanted to replace them with was the Free Trainer 5.0

I figured it was the Caldra because it is the only other trainer in Nikes line-up with a lunar sole.

Plus the mid-sole shape looks pretty similar too.

I like the shoe itself but the price is seriously bonkers. $160??? That is just $40 too much at least. Nothing special, just a standard Lunarlon sole and good traction.

@bwood056  Pretty out of the blue but I seem to remember that you had an amazing collection of the college trainers, did you pick up any of the Free 5.0's ? 

Would definitely like to see your collection! 

Thanks man!

Plus Ohio states and pen states.

Too lazy to photo another one ha
Thanks! Must be a serious collection of college kicks you got there ^^

I picked up the Gator pair and the 3m detailing on the heel is fire, just ordered the yellow Oregon pair and wish I could afford the green pair too haha

Hey everyone! Came across a pair of Kay Yow  Oregon 5.0 Free Trainers today, I have never seen or heard anything about them.

Does anyone have any info about these?

They didn't have a sample size tag so can I assume that these may be releasing at retail at some point? 

Last edited:
Those frees are nice. The caldra s. Look like tr1 with a price increase. Nike has lost their mind with some of their recent price points

Last edited:
Any feedback on the new CALDRA ?

View media item 1860302

I own the gold ones in my 'true size' instead of half a size up like most Air Max shoes I have bought. At first they seemed a little tight but I have got used to it, good comfort while maintaining support. Gold Standard - if you like them, either True Size or an extra half should do you fine IMHO.

THIS IS ONLY BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, OTHERS MAY HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS.

Can anyone here help me find a pair of these Lunar TR1's in a size 12/13/14?

They are a PE given to players last season and I know that many were sold during the Oregon Surplus Sale a few months ago.

Any help would be appreciated :smile: TIA

Any feedback on the new CALDRA ?

View media item 1860302

I own the gold ones in my 'true size' instead of half a size up like most Air Max shoes I have bought. At first they seemed a little tight but I have got used to it, good comfort while maintaining support. Gold Standard - if you like them, either True Size or an extra half should do you fine IMHO.

THIS IS ONLY BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, OTHERS MAY HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS.

Hows the upper? It's supposed to be dynamic flyweave that everyone raves about on basketball shoes specifically the 29s. Curious how it is on these trainers?

Hows the upper? It's supposed to be dynamic flyweave that everyone raves about on basketball shoes specifically the 29s. Curious how it is on these trainers?

I'll level with you, I know very little about Basketball shoes or Flyweave. But it's very different to the usual materials of a LunarTrainer (Pre-FlyKnit, same goes though). It's comfortable and more flexible, yet waterproof which I Learned from a puddle, I was running at night and... Yeah. Long Story short, you need to get used to it but once you do - it's worth it. I decided not to get the Tempo 2 because of how much more convieniant this material is for me.

NDC just dropped the price to 120.00. I bet it was hardly selling at the 160.00 price point.  

Ordered my pair today whoot whoot ! 

NDC just dropped the price to 120.00. I bet it was hardly selling at the 160.00 price point.  
Ordered my pair today whoot whoot ! 

I like how they act like that was the retail price all along, no slashes, not in clearance section, just hey these are $120 lol. Who in their right mind would buy those for $160 is beyond me. You will have to let us know how they are. I went buck nutty on the first Generation Lunar TR1 with nine pairs so hopefully these compare.

Back
Top Bottom