2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

A midseason tournament? that's so stupid
laugh.gif
I dont think its a bad idea, I see the league taking a lot of cues from soccer leagues in its onwards globalization of the sport.

For example, the barclays premier league, they have the regular season title which is the main goal for the teams.

Then they also have the FA CUP and Capitol One Cup.

The FA Cup being a solid trophy to win and the capitol one cup no one really cares about but hey its still a trophy.

Most top teams in the league will play weakened lineups in these tournaments because they are concentrating on the league title.

Most likely the best teams in the NBA will want to not take unecessary risk and rest their star players in this midseason tournament or at the least limit minutes.

But a garbage squad can go all out in an attempt to win something in a season that they will not contend for an nba title.

This gives the fans of lottery level teams something else to look forward to and also another way to enhance the reputation of a title winning squad if they can do the double.

The tournament would be single elimination, basically an NBA march madness.

I don't see whats not to like about the idea..
its a cash grab

some meaningless tournament to attract advertisers and sponsors

no one will want to watch a crappy tournament of the leagues crappiest teams putting out their crappiest players

and no teams that are in playoff contention are taking a midseason tourney seriously

its a cash grab

some meaningless tournament to attract advertisers and sponsors

no one will want to watch a crappy tournament of the leagues crappiest teams putting out their crappiest players

and no teams that are in playoff contention are taking a midseason tourney seriously
it would get higher ratings than regular season games.

half the teams would likely be gone after one game.

unexpected stuff could happen in one and done situations which would create storlyines and draw interest.

1 cavs
2 pacers
3 heat
4/5 bulls/wiz (interchangeable)

if yololance resigns

cavs roll through the east come playoff time

Last edited:
1 cavs
2 pacers
3 heat

if yololance resigns

1. Bulls
2. Pacers
3. Cavs
4. Wiz
5. Heat

Continuity > Talent

The bulls 1? I can see it being a possibility if rose comes back pre injury form. I wouldnt put the pacers over the cavs just because of all of their chemistry issues at the end, plus that mission they were on got dismantled, and I dont see it coming back. Has lebron finished outside of the top 2 in the ec since like 07? lol

edit: once since 07

Last edited:
things are awfully quiet on the bledsoe, monroe, and lance end
I don't know why Charlotte hasn't signed Lance. What are they waiting for? They're one of the few teams left who has the capspace.

If they don't add anyone they're gonna drop out of the playoffs next year. Especially if Big Al is hobbled.

1 cavs
2 pacers
3 heat

if yololance resigns

1. Bulls
2. Pacers
3. Cavs
4. Wiz
5. Heat

Continuity > Talent

The bulls 1? I can see it being a possibility if rose comes back pre injury form. I wouldnt put the pacers over the cavs just because of all of their chemistry issues at the end, plus that mission they were on got dismantled, and I dont see it coming back. Has lebron finished outside of the top 2 in the ec since like 07? lol

So what you're saying is....

... The Wiz will be the #1 seed? :wow: :pimp:

Cause Rose won't ever be the same again... Sorry to say it. His game will more than likely be tamed down.

And the league should have given teams with Championships gold NBA logos on the jerseys instead of that poor strip on the neck

Last edited:
1 cavs
2 pacers
3 heat

if yololance resigns

1. Bulls
2. Pacers
3. Cavs
4. Wiz
5. Heat

Continuity > Talent

I only have bulls at 1 if Rose competes in the world cup, cause that would have him actually playing meaningful games where he can get whipped into form

If Pacers resign Lance i can't see them under 53 wins, and I can't really see cave win 58 or more game which would give them that number 1 in the east

Mogs were saying the Pacers were gonna dethrone the heat and win the east.

Let's just chill and wait until a least is game played before these bold predictions.

That was based off of everything but logic tho, Im the biggest heat hater in the world, and I knew they were gonna have an easy path to the finals.

Most people just want the east to be competitive, and unfortunately that's not the case. I remember before last year people were saying the east was gonna be almost as good as the west, like 40 games into the season and only 2 teams had at least a .500 record :lol:

Bulls (55+)
Cavs (50+)
Wizards (48)
Raptors (47)
Knicks (46)
Pacers (45)
Heat (45)
Hornets/Hawks (43)

Last edited:
Whats also funny about the jersey thing is, Bron just won 2 rings, but his new jersey won't have a gold strip on it :wow: :lol: :smh:

And will the Wizards have one or nah? Cause they won as the Bullets :nerd:

Last edited:
have pacers made any other moves? are they getting goran? do they still have george hill? will they literally be the exact same team as last season if they sign lance? that didnt work out so great the first time, unless they all went to therapists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom