2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hear the Bron fanboys already "But but but Bron has to be better bro, MJ and Kobe never won the Spring Classic"

Imagine if Kyrie wins it. :wow:

Add it to the long list of of awards :smokin

oh **** imagine if melo wins it lmaooooo

who am i kidding, melo never wins anything.

BDVxYOACQAAYsZl.jpg

True but it's weird LeBron James won't have one, but Brandon Knight & OJ Mayo and the Bucks will.....

Doesn't seem far IMO

Last edited:
The only way I see a tourney having any type of meaning besides a bs trophy is if it alters seeding in the playoffs. Like the team that wins, has the option of changing its seeding either up one or down one. That's the only true benefit. Everything else is just to get more dough

The golden mark is idiotic. Numbers of Chips on jerseys maybe I could be persuaded. Maybe.

I'm thinking that too. Like a star with the number of franchise chips in it a la the allstar game. So nobody feels left out, the Clippers can have their little division title in their star if they want. I'm feeling generous.

I was all for the gold mark when I read it thinking it would be horizontal across the shoulder strap and only for the defending champs

A midseason tournament? that's so stupid
laugh.gif
I dont think its a bad idea, I see the league taking a lot of cues from soccer leagues in its onwards globalization of the sport.

For example, the barclays premier league, they have the regular season title which is the main goal for the teams.

Then they also have the FA CUP and Capitol One Cup.

The FA Cup being a solid trophy to win and the capitol one cup no one really cares about but hey its still a trophy.

Most top teams in the league will play weakened lineups in these tournaments because they are concentrating on the league title.

Most likely the best teams in the NBA will want to not take unecessary risk and rest their star players in this midseason tournament or at the least limit minutes.

But a garbage squad can go all out in an attempt to win something in a season that they will not contend for an nba title.

This gives the fans of lottery level teams something else to look forward to and also another way to enhance the reputation of a title winning squad if they can do the double.

The tournament would be single elimination, basically an NBA march madness.

I don't see whats not to like about the idea..

The only way I see a tourney having any type of meaning besides a bs trophy is if it alters seeding in the playoffs. Like the team that wins, has the option of changing its seeding either up one or down one. That's the only true benefit. Everything else is just to get more dough
The golden mark is idiotic. Numbers of Chips on jerseys maybe I could be persuaded. Maybe.
the gold mark idea is stupid when they put the trophy on the finals jerseys anyway

but both of these ideas are terrible as well

"
laugh.gif
...to the Knicks..
You sick bro? I haven't heard no Drose slander outta you in a week or so..

I harshly speak truth about one clueless member in S&t and stay getting reps from that post.. 
laugh.gif

Everyone agrees, it's not only me bro..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 dude said Knicks to Ecf..
laugh.gif
"

There mate, I brought your post back to the correct thread.

This is the NBA thread for a reason.

People in TAN don't care to hear you brag about your own posts from this thread, in that thread.

In Jesus name we pray, Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom