2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
SportsCenter just had a graphic comparing CJ Miles & Lance Stephenson saying Miles might be an upgrade over Lance...I hate Lance but that **** is blasphemy

Definitely

Lance led the League in triple doubles at 23 years old man...
I wanted Lance in chicago bad..
His defense on our system would be trouble on the east..
Charlotte is moving up soon all that mj talk will be over..he's slowly putting together a good team

Last edited:
It's unbelievable how gullible "sports fans" are.
People actually be telling me Lance Stephenson can't play.
Then when I hit them with his highlight reel, it turns into "well he wouldn't sit with the team when he was out of the game".
People don't recognize when a dude is a pure baller and that's what Lance Stephenson is.

I still remember last summer and how special the season was supposed to be. Then the injuries...

At least this rookie class has been looking promising in summer league

This season is special..

For once we have no clue who will be in the finals..hardly favorites at all
In a way both confrences are stacked
West is stack maximum all around
East somewhat minimum all around..

Timberwolves' Taylor: I want Kevin Love with team this season

By Andy Greder
agreder@pioneerpress.com
POSTED: 07/16/2014 12:01:00 AM CDT

In an NBA TV interview during a Wolves summer league game Wednesday, Taylor said he wants the all-star power forward to play in Minnesota this season despite rampant trade speculation.

It was not known if Taylor was bluffing amid reports that some of the trade offers aren't as rich as previously envisioned.

"My preference is that Kevin will come to (training) camp -- and I'm sure he will -- and play with the team," Taylor said.

Love, who can opt out of his contract next July, repeatedly has said all he wants to do is win.

"I say back to Kevin, 'Well, that's all I want, too,' " Taylor said.

During the upcoming season, Taylor can offer Love a new contract worth $26 million more than any other team can offer. But this summer, Love has been equivocal about the Wolves in public and once used the pronoun "they" to describe them in an interview.

Meanwhile, trade talks reopened between the Wolves and Golden State Warriors, the Associated Press reported Tuesday. The Warriors have been hesitant to include shooting guard Klay Thompson in any package, the AP said.

With Cleveland possibly in the mix for Love after LeBron James' homecoming yet seemingly unwilling to part with top pick Andrew Wiggins, Taylor could just be holding his cards in his hand -- for now.

"My response is that we are going to look at everything that makes sense that would make our team better," Taylor told NBA TV, "but we are not going to move a superb player like that without getting equal or more value back."

NBA TV analyst Steve Smith, who interviewed Taylor, said the Wolves could push for a playoff spot in the rough-and-tumble Western Conference this season.

Taylor concurred.

"I think our team is just on the border," Taylor said. "We lost too many close games last year, and having Kevin Love there as, right now, the heart of our team ... I would like to have Kevin back and play under Flip (Saunders) and see how the coaches will utilize him with the other players."

Wolves win first

The Timberwolves defeated Phoenix 86-77 in the first round of the NBA Summer League tournament Wednesday in Las Vegas.

Rookie first-round pick Zach LaVine led the Wolves with 20 points, and second-year center Gorgui Dieng had 13 points and 19 rebounds. Kyrylo Fesenko added 17 points, and Shabazz Muhammad scored 16.

The Wolves, who have the lowest seed in the 24-team tourney after finishing 0-3 in pre-tourney games, play eighth-seeded Sacramento at 3 p.m. Thursday in the second round.

Yeah somewhat...

There a year older and that finals run was insane, max effort every game from there core not to mention injurys..

I can see okc or even dirk in Dallas come back for one more possibly..

And the east is a crapshoot..
There really are no.clear favorites in both confrences is what I'm saying which hasn't happened for a while..

It's better for the entire league now that Miami's over

Last edited:
Yeah somewhat...

There a year older and that finals run was insane, max effort every game from there core not to mention injurys..

I can see okc or even dirk in Dallas come back for one more possibly..

But the east is a crapshoot..

East so wack, Sucks Chicago will be eliminated in the 1st round

SportsCenter just had a graphic comparing CJ Miles & Lance Stephenson saying Miles might be an upgrade over Lance...I hate Lance but that **** is blasphemy
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

CJ couldn't shine Lance's shoes!

So I'm reading that the Bucks are willing to move Henson and are looking for pick(s)..

I'd offer 2 in a heartbeat... then sign Ray Allen :wow:

Henson would be awesome for the Cavs.

So I'm reading that the Bucks are willing to move Henson and are looking for pick(s)..

I'd offer 2 in a heartbeat... then sign Ray Allen :wow:

Henson would be awesome for the Cavs.
Forced to commit to Sanders' reclamation project. Nobody is taking his new contract with off-court problems.

I'd love for Dirk to get another one....but I can only truly root for the lakers and kobe. so **** dirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom